Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Poor old jorp. If only he had cleaned his room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Jordan Peterson was placed into a tube and shot through a pipe under the Pacific Ocean. He hasn't come out the other end yet

Don’t you point that thing at my country

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Absolute lol that jorp thinks he is cool or interesting enough to be a comic book villain

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Every time there is a new picture of him, he manages to look even more frail and sickly

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

As I understand it, Psychology in general is the study of brain and behaviour. I did my very expensive and completely useless bachelors in it because it sounded interesting. It’s more of the “what do they do? Why do they do it? What happens when we do this?” and contains a lotta dodgy inferences that aren’t readily falsifiable.

Psychiatry is the more medical side, how to fix suboptimal brain with meat plumbing and drugs.

To be fair I’m a tradesperson now so I might well be completely off base with this

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've been on lamotrigine for years for bipolar. Since we're questioning that diagnosis now I'm finally going to start coming off of it. I'm glad to not have to take as many meds every day.

Lamotrigine worked really well for me for a few months but then I got this full body rash out of the blue one day and they took me off it because they were worried about ?stevens-johnson? syndrome. That might not be the actual name of it, it was ages ago. Sucks though, I felt like it was helping and also the pills tasted like blackcurrant instead of chemicals and taint like most of em

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

What I was taught is that a well-balanced, varied diet will leave you complete in everything and make supplements pointless unless you have a medical condition, and this is what you should be aiming for anyway.
If you have a specific deficiency then supplementing it will work, but fixing the fundamental cause of the deficiency (ie your diet) would be better.

There are some people that can’t absorb vitamin b12 properly from food sources (my ex was one of them) and need periodic shots of it. There’s probably a bunch of other nutrient absorption problems and deficits out there, plus allergies and intolerances that make a completely balanced diet difficult to impossible for some folks. Factor in poverty, food deserts, time poverty etc, and supplements start to make a lot of sense.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I haven't been following Page at all but I just did a quick google search and the dude got some ripped abs. I also don't know anything about trans surgery but they did a pretty good job with his chest. (I don't know if mentioning that is offensive or not, :ohdear:)

I don’t know many trans men but my neighbor about ten years ago was stoked with his top surgery, and got a massive tattoo on his chest to show it off. He was very open about his whole journey and fitting in in a small town with the blue collar dudes. He’s just one guy though, everyone is different and has different comfort levels with questions and sharing their personal stuff.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

PITY BONER posted:

I think he meant rose apples, not regular apples.

That’s a terrible case of haemorrhoids

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Renreeja posted:

Whats the subjective feeling of the stronger benzos that would make people want to abuse them? Calming? I remember being prescribed lorazepam for travel anxiety and the effect was just I wasn't afraid, like it took away something without adding anything

When you’re long term anxious, the absence of that feeling, feels like adding something. You can suddenly function again. You can relax, you can sleep, you can interact with people.
Trouble is, tolerance builds up, and they have terrible withdrawal symptoms, which include the anxiety you were originally taking them for, but worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

one thing that really pisses me off about this clown is that he has an uncanny knack to make the most mundane sound like the most apocalyptic poo poo you've ever heard of in your life. like right here, he's trying to make is sound terrifying that "BUREAUCRATS" can decide "BY FIAT", where you're "ALLOWED TO DRIVE" :ohdear:

like...yes? we have people from the government that decide where we're allowed to walk, drive, litter, etc. this has been going on since the invention of the public space. but this dipshit comes and makes it sound like zoning/traffic regulations are the concoction of some lovecraftian marx/foucalt acolyte that got a job at the dmv or something

That rear end in a top hat has never driven a Fiat in his life. An Uno goes any drat place it wants (usually nowhere, it won’t start)