Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I have two acquaintances who have just recently started to get into him

Like after his coma and clear failures of living up to his own rules

They are into him because of their insecure masculinity and need the big daddy energy to be their rudder in the storm of covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

the corona quid posted:

It’s a lot more nuanced than that and I think fundamentally the hard left acting like it’s some huge silent majority within the general public that’s consistently failed to materialized as opposed to as a smaller faction and acting more pragmatically has done the bulk of the damage to its own movement rather than any sort of external force. I’d rather talk about why people think magic mushrooms will help them quit smoking though... that’s just me though 🤷🏼‍♂️

Do you honestly believe the hard left has done more damage to itself than any external forces?

Magic mushrooms will help you quit smoking because they will make you experience the perspective of each cell in your body.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

the corona quid posted:

Yes.

I quit smoking cold turkey from a pack a day and I have a hard time seeing how magic mushrooms would’ve enhanced or made that experience any easier.

Do you have a hard time seeing things from other people's perspectives?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

BillyBlanks posted:

Your lovely garbage forums are not representative of real life. You are a billion-fold less important than the guy you're ripping on. Back under your lovely rock.

I'm more important than Jordan Peterson in real life

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

12 more rules?

First book not good enough to base your life around that now you need two of them?

Are Zoomers into this grift or is it mainly millennial incels?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Jarl posted:

I guess I'll show myself out. :downs:

So you already had an idea in your head "compelled speech is wrong", Jorp comes along and says the big bad government is making me do compelled speech and you just believed him?

You did no research yourself is what it looks like.

Maybe you should learn some critical thinking skills and not take everything at face value. Learn to spot the grifters, it will help you out a lot more in life when you have to deal with people like Jorp selling you exactly what you want to hear for $24.99 a month.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Here is Martin's one and only area of expertise:

Sounds exactly like a Jorp defender to me

Imagine thinking GRRM is some philosophizer

Fried Watermelon fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 11, 2020

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Read the thread dipshit.

This type of messaging just dilutes your argument tbh

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Workaday Wizard posted:

Honestly if someone is going to prove god based on historical religions at least bring a religion older than loving judaism. What about African religions? What about native American religions? What about Indian religions? What about European religions (remember The West that you love so much petey?)?

uh history only started at white people times

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

JP had Matthew McConaughey on his podcast.

Take that failures!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

1redflag posted:

Also, did anyone catch the fact that the daughter’s husband is Russian? Wonder if they met before, during, or after she put her dad in a coma

It was before

He was also a grifter who trafficked women and insulted people for watching Star Wars on twitter IIRC

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Spooking a cat with a bag is one thing. Pretty sure most people who do that are just playing with the cat, might even make them bond emotionally once the scare is over.

Jorp on the other hand seems to imply something more malicious when he harasses animals. There's no mutual respect or empathy there.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Dreylad posted:

I'm not even sure how you would go about stopping your employer from garnishing your wages in order to get to the point where you'd have to go to jail.

He'd probably physically assault the person he's misgendering.

All the warning signs are there; mental health issues, delusions of grandeur, repeated fantasy of sadistic violence...

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Technically he was jailed after calling them his daughter, but he was jailed FOR something else entirely

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Here's the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Bleusilences posted:

What the gently caress is discovery math? Is it another way to say algebra?

conservatives loving hate it so it must be good for learning

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Palpek posted:

Hmmm "interesting" choice of colors and geometry. I'm sure it's a total coincidence that it wouldn't visually stick out on a list of neo-nazi symbols.

no no no you totally see it's a parody of the hydra logo!

(the hydra logo being the super nazis lol)

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Jordan Peterson will probably join the People's Party of Canada

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Hes gotta start talking about anti vaxx poo poo and how masks are a form of chaos putting control over order and get back on the Joe Rogan circuit

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Don't let anyone install anything, especially those who think they know what they are doing.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Rutibex posted:

JP interviews the leader of the Canadian Nazi Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltZ7iGrF4BM

How can anyone listen to these idiots and think they are smart? Multiple times they admit they don't know what they are talking about, for example when talking about reserves and "property rights".

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

He knew that it would turn off any critical thinkers, keeping only the rubes and true believers in his grift

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Gabor Maté is the guy you should be reading and listening to instead of jorp when it comes to addiction and trauma. Plus he doesn't sound like a muppet.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Private Cumshoe posted:

When is Jordan Peterson going to remind his followers to wipe their rear end too

Thats gay though

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

knox_harrington posted:

Thread has got pretty weird recently. Post more Jorp content, like this démonstration of not understanding how numbers work:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1470622685139021826

Wow you mean to tell me that you are more likely to die of covid if it puts you into the hospital than if it doesn't?!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

he did not heed the warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXxlYzBCno

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

hmm what would upset these people about elba? hes got the accent, suaveness, and charisma to be a really good bond. what issue with him specifically could people have?

What makes you think I'm upset about Elba specifically? I made no mention of him. I simply stated there will be a reckoning on all woke narratives. :smug: - jorp

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

He's probably waiting for Joe Rogan's take on Ukraine first so he knows which way the wind blows

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

ashpanash posted:

Like a day ago he's crying about how presumably low IQ construction workers (all men, naturally) are so god drat important, but now he's all uppity about how there's more men with physics or mathematics majors (not even degrees, but intended majors) than women, as if that weren't mostly because of systemic societal issues. I assume those builders and welders all desperately needing our praise didn't go to college - that's ok, they wouldn't have been manly mathematicians anyway.

I'm beginning to think that Jorpy hates women, you guys. I know that's hard to imagine.

Probably hates women because he couldn't have been a success without his wife doing most of the work like keeping him on a schedule, and then having his daughter do the same when she got too sick.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1526281185130737664?s=20&t=BSigCYjPkqZ2PWa5wzQkAQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Everything I read of his seems like he bases it all on 1950s TV history.

Men worked and women did the house work and child raising. Just ignores the thousands of years of history and other cultures where that's obviously not true.

Also giving advice where you have to assume the bible is true and all those stories are absolute.