Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

My buddy TA'd for him back in grad school before Peterson's descent into the alt-right grift-o-sphere.

He described him as a "Weird dude you didn't want to get stuck in a long conversation with".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Lmao sexual capital and chads.

The biggest dorks I know all get laid and/or are in wonderful fulfilling relationships. If you think it must be looks, I know people with horrible facial deformities who bone and have found love. Hell, I know LARPers who bang on the reg.

Turns out being a genuinely good person and finding someone with somewhat similar interests is all it takes who knew.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Jim Long-un posted:

jorp is a dumbass but the whole thing about him posing for a picture with Literal White Supremacists is dumb poo poo nonsense. he posed with two chronically online dork asses holding a loving Pepe flag and one of them made the OK hand symbol because it triggers overly self-serious libs.

look at that idiot's stupid twirly moustache and tell me that is the face of hatred. the only hate crime that dude has committed is against facial hair

I'm 90% sure I knew that dude back in university and if he's who I think he is, he's both a gigantic goober and also 100% did become a serious racist.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Another Bill posted:

I may have said this before but I have a friend who's a psychiatrist (studied at UofToronto even) and one night when we were drunk after a soccer game I asked him if he was into Freud or Jung and he totally scoffed at me. According to this legit doctor, nobody in the field reads or uses Freud or Jung anymore. 95% of his job is 20 minute check ins with patients and renewing or adjusting prescriptions were started by their family doctor.

It was kind of devastating.

According to my buddy's psychiatrist girlfriend there actually still is exactly one dude in the Toronto psychiatry community who is really into Freud but everyone thinks he's a weirdo.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Jorp would also need to have a class to teach to violate the code, and it's my understanding he hasn't taught an actual class at UofT since at least 2014. He may have tenure but he's not welcome back, according to my prof union source.

He definitely was still teaching as of...2016? Given that was when the whole poo poo storm kicked off with him saying in lecture he wouldn't respect pronouns. I was in grad school at U of T at the time and I remember the barrage of emails from the grad student union about it. I think they stopped giving him courses the next year and he got quietly pushed out somewhere around 2018/2019.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Who What Now posted:

lmao Noam "Hitler had some good ideas" Chompsky

I'm sure Hitler would have been a fan of his Cambodian Genocide denial.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Rex Murphy is just Colin Mocharie from the evil Mirror Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

In New York state, it’s legal for women to be topless anywhere men can be topless, so pools, parks, just walking down the street, whatever. Been that way for 30 years. But you already knew we were a bunch of degenerates

Yeah it's been the same in Ontario where Jorp lives since like 1996 lol.