Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
a fantastic 2020 omen for things to come i'm sure. apparently jordan peterson is not brain dead from experimental russian drugs, and he has plans for the future :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_6zwVNn88o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

End of Shoelace posted:

Also, he debated ultra-Marxist Slavoj Zizek about capitalism and communism, and he prepared by reading the Communist Manifesto lmao

worse preparation than a freshman reading the textbook an hour before the exam. utter ownage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBMmcX-5INQ

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

I know SA hates the guy, but his older material was really the sort of thing you had to pay a lot of money to have access to via university. He put it all online for free, which is cool.

pretty much every professor thats any good publishes their lectures online now a days:
https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hardon Crime posted:

the left needs a new intifada and a new international

they did its CSPAM

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The_Continental posted:

My armchair psychoanalysis is that he was a typically disenchanted man trapped in the malaise of academic obscurity who found a niche saying things designed to perk the ears of certain types of right wing boys. He's succeeded and has had to double down on his personal brand, which has brought him further attention and supercharged his imposter syndrome, which is already fairly common in academics of his stripe. He receives confirmation of his imposter syndrome when placed in front of guys like Zizek, of whom he never deserved to share a dais in the first place. He can't back down because he's receiving constant reinforcement from his increasingly puerile fanbase, that he generally despises. All of this culminates in acute anxiety which he now has to treat with Benzos.

hello jordan i didn't know you posted here

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So the left is doomed, you're saying?

always was

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

that is too perfect to be real

e:omg it's real

it looks like a Chuck Tingle book. Pounded in the Butt by MEAT ONLY

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

It's more that there exists an endless tide of boomers who turn out in droves to vote for the worst things, presumably out of pure spite

it turns out democracy fails when you get a huge generation of greedy selfish people who only vote for their own interests

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Don't forget philosophy's just old white men jerking off. Unless we talking about my boy Diogenes he's cool

Diogenes jerking off is philosophy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Atari posted:

The companies who own them and are extremely protective of their IP. These things are mainly used to augment other executive selection assessments, or in executive level leadership training.

be honest, this is all just a bunch of bullshit so that the board of directors can "scientifically" pick the white guy to be CEO right?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Is that a spoon in a big bowl of salt?

its benzodiazepine

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

guys i dont want to sound alarmist but i think jordan b peterson might be mentally ill

dont worry hes a psychologist so he would know if he is mentally ill

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

His popularity came about because he whined about trans people being added to an already existing workplace harrasment bill that covered a host of other minorities. According to him this meant all the trans people are coming to destroy your jobs because you misgendered them once, instead of the reality where if you're a bullying piece of poo poo who deliberately and consistently misgender a trans coworker you deserve to lose your job like any other workplace bully.

He sells generic self-help garbage in an alt-right wrapper. Typical Tony Robbins poo poo but with a heaping of "This means you additionally shouldn't care about or do anything progressive." He purports to care about "rationality" and "logic" but like most people who push that inane self-aggrandizing bullshit it just means he ignores the medical and scientific consensus on trans people and thinks people should instead force the government and society to be beholden to their middleschool health class comprehension of human reproductive bio while ignoring every single shred of evidence that proves them wrong.

He complains about "PC culture" and other such dogwhistles like "cultural Marxism" because like most bigots he believes freedom of speech that degrades minorities is more important than the rights of those minorities to speak out or be protected in society.

Essentially he provided the alt-right with a clear blueprint on how to make intellectual laziness and stagnant mental development seem "smart."

He is typical anti-academia despite being a professor, he whines about universities being breeding grounds for "radical leftist thought" despite the fact that they're bland liberalism at most, while his disciples regularly ignore the irony that this foppish, intellectually round-about knob with questionable ability to articulate his superficial beliefs is the epitome of the vacuous meandering academic preening they hate so much.

He's pulled the "minorities are plagued by an attitude of victimhood" card which as we all know is just thinly veiled bigotry essentially labeling oppressed people whiners and crybabies for daring to speak out, even though speaking out, performing activism, and attempting to politically alter oppressive systems is the opposite of laziness. Basically just believing that if he whines about how oppressed white people are it's a just cause, but when anyone else does it, it's a "victimhood complex."

In the meantime he sells his generic self-help drivel that contradicts virtually everything he says or how he lives his life because it asserts typical right-wing self-sustainability and conformist self-responsibility, despite being written by a drug addicted moron who eats like a loving eight year old who hates vegetables and lives in filth.

He claims women have not been oppressed throughout history, believes that Islamophobia is a "fascist" phrase (who the gently caress even knows where he got that from), consistently denies the reality of arbitrary gender roles and the gender/sex dichotomy (which again, is him disagreeing with experts in fields he has zero experience or education in), and last but not least all of this is motivated by his milksop, weak-rear end Christian bent which is the true source of his beliefs. His intellectual posturing and nonstop incompetent "debates" are essentially nothing but a man who used his academic experience and knowledge of rhetoric to purport that his mediocre right wing ideals are actually born of an understanding of "reality," birthed from practicality and science, rather than the fact that he's just a boring rear end typical religious bigot who learned how to exploit complete and total gullible idiots like Mnoba into thinking their utterly facile moral cowardice and total social uselessness is somehow a strength.

He's nothing but a figurehead who exists to provide the illusion to alt-right simpletons that their brainless beliefs they've likely held the majority of their lives were gained from careful consideration of the world, versus the reality where right-wing people are basically infants with extremely lacking theory of mind and a total, blithering incomprehension of the complexity of human nature and social structures.

all of this stuff is true and a good reason why JP is poo poo. but the 150% most important reason that he is dangerous is because he is hardcore into race essentialism. he is a nazi in every sense. Jordan Peterson believes that black people have a genetically low IQ, and he also believes that jews are genetically superior and he is very concerned about what we should do about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A18yNBO3nlU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Slotducks posted:

never forget when jim loving jefferies of all people circle logic'd jordy peeps into admitting he's wrong in like 40 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdvS2Re21Og

this owns.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

No, Zizek. You know, an actual philosopher and not a drug-addicted loser like Jorko Pillerson

lets not go crazy and pretend Zizek isn't a drug addict.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

huh posted:

I bet no one on this thread is familiar enough with his body of work to be properly critical of it.

hi i wrote a paper for publication when i was doing my masters in Information & Library Science. i examined a variety of "alt-right" sources in the context of canadian libraries, and during that research i did a deep dive into the "research" that Jordan Peterson loves to quote all the time. guess what i found? he is a nazi!

jordan peterson loves to quote statistics from a book called "The Bell Curve", this book is heavy into IQ and is where the "study" finding racial differences in IQ lives. this is jordan petersons bible:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve

lets dive into this fascinating book. who funded this book? an interesting group called The Pioneer Fund. an organization that promotes a variety of right wing causes....hmmmm....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Fund

But lets look into the Pioneer Fund!
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11371656_The_American_Breed_Nazi_eugenics_and_the_origins_of_the_Pioneer_Fund

quote:

The goal of this article is to fill the existing gap in the history of eugenics by presenting a detailed analysis of the origins of the Pioneer Fund. Pioneer is a foundation chartered in 1937 to support and publicize study on "heredity and eugenics" and "the problems of race betterment." The paper focuses on the role of Harry Laughlin, one of he most successful publicists of the "racial radical" branch of the American eugenics movement, and Wickliffe Draper, a wealthy New Yorker who endowed the Pioneer Fund. The paper explores several archival collections, tracing contacts among Laughlin, Draper and the Nazi scientists whose work informed Hitler's "racial hygiene" movement. Harry Laughlin received an honorary degree from the Nazi-controlled University of Heidelberg as "a pioneer in the science of race cleansing," only three months before the Pioneer Fund was incorporated.

:thunk:
oh dear is Jordan Peterson quoting literal nazi science? yup!

my original paper about alt-right literature in ontario libraries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oxhsv...tRight.pdf/file

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 24, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

huh posted:

But what you're describing isn't his body of work.

his body of work consists of a variety of YouTube videos where he quote statistics from the The Bell Curve at impressionable idiots.

that stuff he wrote in a book about "the dragons of chaos" is just nonsense

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol thank you to whoever mod changed the thread title

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i don't understand how peterson can still have devoted followers. you would think his message of "make sure your entire life is in order before you criticize society!" would make him look like a gigantic hypocrite considering he was preaching this message when addicted to benzos

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
a PhD doesnt mean you are generally smart, it means you are very good at one extremely specific thing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

IbrahimSom posted:

If you like Jordan Peterson you are probably a racist/sexist and unhip. Don't clean your room. Engage in low pleasure and drugs to deal with your low place in the dominance hierarchy. Lobsters are just food.

--Goon Hivemind

fascinating. please expand on these points

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress the Demiurge, physical reality sucks

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Jordan B. Peterson has a NEW BOOK which you can now preorder and give him money for right now! he promises this book is excellent and he has been working on it over the last 3 years during his benzo haze and russian coma (so you know its solid content). it has a ominous black cover and its called Beyond Order, which im sure isnt inspired by fascism in any way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu635BJxBQE

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

That strange guy posted:

This is the book he has been working on.

hes canadian so it should be "Colour with Jordan"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

this seems like a reasonable rule

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Strategic Tea posted:

I'm sure you can get them for free when you're a useful idiot spreading alt right chuddery throughout the west :nsa:

oh god i hope jordan peterson isnt some kind of canadian manchurian candidate

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
god only has 10 rules jordan, yet you think we need 24? kind of arrogant if you ask me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A thread of embarrassing times for Jorp. There's a good few and will likely get longer because it's being added to as I post this.

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1331505661817937921?s=19

this thread is a very pro click lol

quote:

jordan peterson unfolds his deranged theory of inceldom, whereby "chads" get all the women and this is horrific for society so has to be changed. joe rogan points out this contradicts his rage-whining about "equality of outcome" being stalinism, and peterson is literally stunned

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Whorelord posted:

yeah this is really relevant to my life

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You're Jon Pop, aren't you?

i think its actually jordan peterson himself

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

Are you suggesting the sex trade exists because college costs too much?

yes

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
women should be free to be prostitutes if they want to. but only if they want to gently caress so much they just can't get enough, not because they need money for necessities.

this problem would be solved if women collectively owned a portion of the means of production and had no need to sell themselves for college money

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i wish i was a tenured professor at university of toronto. thats the golden ticket. JP flew to close to the sun on wings made of bigotry

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I want to have sex

with jordan peterson?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

xtal posted:

Question for the thread: What is JBP like in bed?

that depends on the size of your claws

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Students are very dumb and he was always creepy and in that same article there were at least a handful of students in his classes who were like “this guy is completely full of poo poo .”

if anyone is curious Jordan B Peterson has a RateMyProfessor page:

https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=32245

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Grevling posted:

who's jim?

Jim Peterson is the evil duplicated Jordan you see sometimes. you can tell Jim apart from Jordan because he has a beard

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I’m talking about the bit at 9:50 when she says people in male-dominated fields don’t wear makeup to “present more masculine to be taken seriously... but another part of it is clearly some kind of ‘not like other girls’ weird flex”. Those are the only two reasons she gives for women in academia/male-dominated fields not wearing makeup. And she’s talking about people she knows personally there. I found that really rude, short-sighted and dismissive. The rest of the video felt like an attempt to justify why she’s so obsessed with her own appearance by saying that it’s fine because every woman is and only women who are trying to ‘signal’ something aren’t. I don’t think she should be mega-twitter-cancelled or anything, it just highlighted how she and I don’t really have anything in common any more and I was increasingly finding her takes to be bad and just as rooted in stereotyping as jorp’s, just different stereotypes.

yeah, you've lost me when you start talking about all womens behavior in generalities. "all women do THIS" is pretty much always a hot-take and worthless as far as analysis

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Galewolf posted:

Thought Slime (I think this doesn't count as bread tube since it's more of an anarchist one): I watch TS videos now and then as background noise, 5200 USD per month since it's public.

I imagine some of that income goes to income tax but add the 3k to 5k per video and other side gigs to the fray.

I mean, hell, I want in on that shindig. I'll start now: "Hey guys, welcome to my video channel. Jordan Peterson, what a jerkoff amirite?"

thoughtslime made a video to teach you how to be thoughtslime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-d3QxeBOo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squashy posted:

So who does leftist stuff on YouTube and sucks the least?

i'm enjoying HasanAbi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=defz03mgZqo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Cass Eris (A cognitive psychology expert) made a response to the whole book that everyone should watch:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIK-x5uT6oS9EnO9-D6ePsWKOxtFhDZdF

It's long but worth it. poo poo gets weird and autobiographical. I thought people hated lobster daddy because he was pandering, turns out it's much much worse (dangerous incel/blackpill energy).

:eyepop:
37 part series deconstructing Jordan Petersons grift? this seems a bit excessive, i think more effort was put into this than JP put into writing the book