Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

What's up, goons?

Since we're under new ownership, I figure it's a good time to reach out to the community for some feedback on the state of the place, and what we want it to be going forward. To that end, lay it on me. There's a few things I'm curious about below, but beyond that there's a couple ground rules:

1. No callouts. We're not here to talk about specific posters. If you think someone's posting is bad, hit the report button or shoot me a PM.

2. Try not to empty quote.

A couple questions to lead off:

What do you think of our current rules? Anything that stands out as needing an update? Anything that you'd like to see added or removed?

Anything you'd like to see me do differently?

I'm thinking about trying to reboot some of the megathreads. I don't think they need to go away, but some of the OPs are badly out of date or by people who aren't active here anymore so haven't been updated in years. Any objections? Anyone particularly enthusiastic about writing a new OP for a thread they regularly post in?

That's it, go to town!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

GWS is good. Moderation, at least on the surface, looks non-existent which means it's done well.

So I don't really have any suggestions. Maybe free cake? Free cake would be lovely.

I haven't been able to bake for anyone in six months and it's driving me up a wall. This is the longest I have gone since childhood without cooking a meal for anyone other than myself and it's crushing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

My advice for ICSA is always :justpost:. We have some really talented and creative people here, so we get some great entries, but half the fun is seeing everyone's attempts.

Even one that doesn't turn out is a fun story.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yep. I sticky them when I see them or when someone PMs me to do so, and enforce the rules. That's about it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

1 Sriracha 1 mayo

And yeah moderation is fine and good here. I usually forget you're even a mod.

That's how I like it. My mod duties are most just janitorial work, and I'm happiest when it's not visible.

Scientastic posted:

More ICSAs would be good, because stretching myself for ICSA is basically how I went from being a mediocre cook to OK

The only real limit on them is people being willing to step up to run them. I try to do at least one a year myself, but I can't really swing paying out prizes all the time. :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Scientastic posted:

Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.

I will name him...

GUY FIERI, GUY FIERI, GUY FIERI!

This is how you end up in FLAVORTOWN, scrubbing the RANCH TROUGH.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Sous vide then grill to finish, obviously.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I always tell people that there's nothing stopping them.

You got a good idea for a Cook or Die, or ICSA? DO IT.

I run one every six months because that's about how often I want to pay for prizes. :)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Mindphlux ate a regular ban for relentless incoherent drunkposting and just hasn't re-regged on that account. Not forumbanned or anything.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

pile of brown posted:

He got banned for shitposting exclusively in the chat thread after he won a mod challenge to be allowed to shitpost there and even though I barely know him it makes me really mad for some reason and I miss his posts

Shitposting doesn't bother me that much.

This is the post I banned him for.

mindphlux posted:

orkdappgar
graopkasmkawladawidnaeoirgmnpsmndreg;ale

fdsooef;f;sda
hnhfkdgmldsmbg;ddflvmdsdcaksjxnzhjfiwj390j
fokwe

h ;ell yeah benihana up in this bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Be the stoned OP you want to see in the world. :catdrugs: