Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Danish submarine killer Madsen caught in prison escape https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54612455

This guy was an object of fascination on SA because we had a goon who actually worked with him on some of his projects. I have this (probably completely wrong) idea that Danish prisons might be easy to escape from, can anyone confirm/deny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Phlegmish posted:

Why do you think that, OP?

The o.g submarine murderer thread mentioned that chilling out and playing Playstation are the two main activities in Danish prisons, and that prisoners don’t serve anything close to a whole life tariff even for barbecuing cub scouts; basically as far from a supermax as you can imagine.

This is not intended to glorify or denigrate any particular method of incarceration, but rather to ascertain whether it’s easier in practical terms to escape from a standard Danish prison rather than say the SHU at Pelican Bay.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

frumpykvetchbot posted:

That wasn't really how it happened. It was a private leisure craft that sighted the submarine and pulled alongside. It was for the crew on that boat that Peter performed his "technical malfunction" scuttling circus and then jumped in the water himself before swimming over. The police were waiting on shore when they pulled in to the nearby harbor.

I really appreciated your input in the previous thread, interesting and informative despite some people being assholes to you.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

now on CD-ROM posted:

Opps sorry if I offended you. I'll consider my words more carefully next time I talk about the expensive pleasure craft built for the sole purpose of torturing a woman to death on.

if you could not be an ANUS, thanks in advance