Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Good morning! My parents received a copy of American Rifleman in the mail. Here is an ad I saw today.

Intrigued by the promise of 24-karat gold embedded in functional guns for which I could make monthly payments, I noticed they had a website. America Remembers is an incredible tableau.

quote:

Welcome to AmericaRemembers.com, an organization dedicated to the remembrance of notable Americans and significant events in American history. America Remembers is always striving to honor and remember significant events in American history and legendary American personalities. We strive to uphold the values of liberty and freedom that have made our nation great.

Here at AmericaRemembers.com, you have access to a collection of unique, collectible, and superbly crafted collector firearms that are intended to capture the essence of our American heritage from the Founding Fathers who established our great country, through the Civil War, Old West, and the tumultuous 20th century and significant events as they unfold now.

In 2005, America Remembers acquired the firearms branch of the American Historical Foundation and combined operations. With an unmatched reputation for excellence, America Remembers and the American Historical Foundation have worked closely with legendary American heroes and personalities, museums and other organizations to issue unique and handsomely designed collector firearms. For the discriminating collector, particularly notable issues are those that honor heroic and legendary Americans, both past and present, such as Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Audie Murphy, John Wayne, Roy Rogers, Hopalong Cassidy, Chuck Yeager, Gene Autry, Elvis Presley, James Arness, J. Edgar Hoover, Chuck Norris, George Jones, and Marty Stuart.

While I can't vouch for how quality the craftsmanship is re: use as a functional gun, there is a surprising amount of artistic detail in each piece.

Does anyone know anyone with one of these marvelous pieces? I unfortunately don't see any product reviews but I am certainly interested in a product that can both protect my family and also be melted down for backyard gold someday. These products help prepare Americans for the future while also helping us reflect solemnly and with gratitude upon our past.

Also, the Elvis Presley products are in the American cowboys section. Someone please also confirm for me whether Elvis was a cowboy. TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How often is 9/11 mentioned? Or did they forget.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Does the Chuck Norris gun kill everybody in one hit like it does in Goldeneye for the N64? If so, that's a pretty solid purchase.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Doc Fission posted:

Elvis was a cowboy.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Surprisingly I don't see any pieces commemorating 9-11. I am considering writing a helpful email suggestion.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Does the Chuck Norris gun kill everybody in one hit like it does in Goldeneye for the N64? If so, that's a pretty solid purchase.

I'm assuming all these guns kill everyone in one hit, empowered as they are by the force of one's love for the nation.

He himself is not wearing a hat or chaps as far as I can tell so this proves very little to me.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Who What Now posted:

I think you mean, according to Trump, 7/11.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

CHUG NORRIS

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Chuck Norris Facts were a direct ripoff of the much cooler Vin Diesel Facts.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

*Buys 24 carat gold plated guns.*
*Gets shot by burglar stealing them.*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

Stephen Seagal memorial gatling

Lorenzo Llamas eulogy bazooka

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The Chuck Norris™ Tribute Revolver

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I want to buy "The Anton Chigurh Tribute Captive Bolt Stunner "

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

celebrate the history of america with the limited edition "JFK memorial italian-made carcano rifle"

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
i wonder if you could just scratch off all those high quality stickers

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GolfHole posted:

celebrate the history of america with the limited edition "JFK memorial italian-made carcano rifle"

The Lincoln memorial gun really should be a Deringer.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Squeaky Fromme commemorative model 1911 .45 Automatic Colt Pistol.

JagerNinja
Sep 13, 2011

Steely-eyed Missile of a Man
I just checked the mail and the NRA magazine was in there (I'm not an NRA member, it just shows up). I wanted to flip through it and see what advertising gold was in there. First up, the obligatory America Remembers ad:

Of course, some trinkets for chuds (probably made in China):

Some weird non-sequiters (who would buy this from a gun magazine?):

And, of course, snake oil, because nothing terrifies boomers more than their own mortality:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This thing is basically BUDK but with more guns and slightly more class.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JagerNinja posted:

I just checked the mail and the NRA magazine was in there (I'm not an NRA member, it just shows up). I wanted to flip through it and see what advertising gold was in there. First up, the obligatory America Remembers ad:

$2200 for a piece of poo poo replica plated with $10 worth of silver :captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Slapping a bunch of chintzy poo poo and famous whites onto a crappy firearm is a great way to secure a huge profit margin via peoples stupidity op