Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hello GBS,
I don't post here very often, but this is still the top forum so I figured it's where I would post this.

I didn't believe a few months ago that lowtax would actually give up control of these dumb forums, but I am happy that he did. As a show of this gladness and in the spirit of a sort of forums Renaissance, I am here to give you, the proletariat goon masses, a bunch of :siren: free forums stuff

Here's the deal: Jeffery has said this site takes a minimum of $1200 a month to keep afloat. After a decade here, I am going to pay for (up to) a month of its operations via whatever dumb poo poo you all decide you want. Maybe I'll even get the chance to ban Lowtax myself!

:siren:Thank you for participating everyone, the giveaway has ended. :siren: Let's look forward to a hopefully slightly saner future for SA!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

If you lost a gangtag let me know so I can fix it!

Just post in here with what you want, be it archives, plat, titles/avatars for yourself or others, smilies, banners, unbans (I guess?). I think the only thing I can't buy directly for someone is a new account, but I'd be willing to give gift certificates to people that want to give their "friend" an account.

Steps, for the brain geniouses:
  1. Post in this thread with what you want.
  2. Specify what account this is for. If you don't specify, I'll assume it is for your account. I need the email you want me to send the certificate to for account stuff (plat, archives, new accounts).
  3. Be fuckin' patient, at an average cost of $10 for a thing, this is potentially 120 different purchases I have to process.
  4. Don't be a poo poo - I'm not putting any particular limits on this, but be considerate to others. I obviously reserve the right to deny something.

If you want a smilie purchased, you have to give it to me, obviously. I'm not going to tweak them until they fit in our weird rear end restrictions, so go and check those before submitting. Same goes for avatars, titles, banners, etc - make sure the content you give me fits whatever requirements.

Also, because at the end of the day this entire bit is kind of a vanity project, I'm going to make a donation equivalent to whatever I end up spending here to Plinky's wonderful CSPAM Goon Assistance Fund.
Many of you may not have any clear picture of what CSPAM is or why there's always so much drama around it in QCS, and hopefully this gives you a better idea. If you're a goon in need of real world help in the lovely world we inhabit, be sure to check out that thread.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I would like you to buy the next three posters Platinum Upgrades to their account please.

:homebrew:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hell yes. In accordance with the post above-- Platinum for me if you're offering.

Clinton Log
Dec 12, 2007
please buy an avatar for the next poster who posts without an avatar.

the avatar should be of a particularly human-looking dog.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

mind the walrus posted:

Hell yes. In accordance with the post above-- Platinum for me if you're offering.

I need your email address

e; I made sure to clarify this in the OP, for :frogsiren:any account related stuff (platinum, archives, new accounts) I need an email to send a gift certificate to.:frogsiren:

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 21, 2020

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

If you're giving away free platinum, I'm not gonna stop ya.

edit: here's an address to send it to: samfaust11112@yahoo.com

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 21, 2020

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I need an avatar-- it's been years if you're feeling generous. I hope you get the one-time permaban button reward, friend :)

E: You move fast, this avatar is unsettling and I'm quite happy with it. Thank you!

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 21, 2020

haggisforthesoul
Feb 2, 2006
Soiled Meat
I've had this stupid newbie avatar since 2006, so I wouldn't mind a different one.

E: Thank you. You are awesome.

haggisforthesoul fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 21, 2020

Chimbley Sweep
Jul 21, 2006

haggisforthesoul's mortal frenemy
Surprise avatar?

Edit: perfect

Chimbley Sweep fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 21, 2020

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

There’s this TFF poster named half cocaine: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=224957

Pretty good poster, all top-shelf stuff. Unfortunately, they still have the Stupid Newbie avatar. Could you please buy them a custom title that is just the word “football”? Thank you!

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Can I get a few sock puppet accounts, thanks

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I see you’ve already done it, thank you!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I figure I should probably pay active attention to the thread at least initially so people believe that it's real lol

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
yo

I've been here like 19 years

I'd love an avatar, can PM you my email or whatever

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I would like archives access if you're willing.

SomedoodIV
Feb 28, 2013

Let me get some Plat and a surprise avatar if you feel kind enough!

And to not feel like a beggar, I'll return the goodwill with something you request.

Look forward to your owning of the abusive weird foot guy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I would like a new avatar please. I'm not sure exactly what I want but I know I want something new!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

This guy moves fast! Thank you so much and good luck on your quest to permaban lowtax!

saintonan fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 21, 2020

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

If there is any way you can still purchase reg dates, I'd like mine changed to 9/11/2001.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

For that much money you could probably buy Groverhaus

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

For that much money you could probably buy Groverhaus

He'd be overpaying by $1195

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I would like a more appropriate title for my :krad: avatar

freddiestarfish
Dec 4, 2005
I LIKE RABBITS
I don't need anything. Ta.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I would love archives

I just want to remember the good times, maaaaan

Edit: Thanks, buddy! Now I have the power to see all the posts in games before they were mysteriously deleted just now.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 21, 2020

Cum AllYeFaithful
Oct 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I was going to do this myself, but since you're offering AND because I just paid a $2,200 vet bill for my cat, I'd love the archives upgrade please.

If you're feeling extra generous, I'd also like a $10 gift cert to get my wife on here, I'll PM you the email to send it to.

Thanks in advance for whatever you decide to do!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I've never had an av before. That sounds neat. Please and thank you.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS

THANK YOU SANTA SKYl3LAZER

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sir Not Appearing posted:

If there is any way you can still purchase reg dates, I'd like mine changed to 9/11/2001.

I don't think so

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Hey, I could really use platinum, unfortunately I am going to be sticking around here awhile.

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

I literally signed up today, so I'd feel kind of greedy asking for plat. But I'd take a new avatar if you are up for it. Surprise me.

SomedoodIV
Feb 28, 2013

:five::five::five::five::five:

Edit: email is somedood4@gmail.com for plat

SomedoodIV fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 21, 2020

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
I would like to purchase a ban for the poster after me

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Again, I need email addresses for any archives, platinum, or new account certificates

e; ^^ oh you lil poo poo

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 21, 2020

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I've always wanted to try archives. I'm hoping it's not mostly broken imagewaffle links.

Thank you, Skyl3lazer!

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 21, 2020

Cum AllYeFaithful
Oct 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Skyl3lazer posted:

Again, I need email addresses for any archives, platinum, or new account certificates
PM'd you, thanks in advance for what you're doing here!

Stabbing Spork posted:

I would like to purchase a ban for the poster after me
LMAO

Kilbas
Feb 1, 2011

An avatar would be nice, brand me permanently with your generosity.

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

Archives would certainly be cool if you are being generous, thank you. Username with no space @ gmail.com.

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

And of course it is a fedora tipped furry.

I regret nothing and everything.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I have nothing further to say than “lol” and “this is pretty cool of you”.

Edit: I hope you get to perform the ceremonial permaban, my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

please unban my primary account. it's "nefarious" and the email is nefarious71 at yahoo dot com

it got banned for "forum invasion" when I posted in a gbs thread that got moved to fyad. lowtax said he would unban everyone but it turns out he was a lying greedy piece of poo poo :shrug: