Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
my dad is great, he never yelled at us kids ever (mum had that pretty well covered lol) but that just made it fuckign terrifying teh one time he had an argument with mum lol. he's chill though and i'm trying to raise my kid as chill as possible too. helps that my wife is very quiet, I take more after my mother (eastern european volume levels)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
vary naice

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

echinopsis posted:

VARY NAICE!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I watched my dad eat a plate of mushrooms last night it was a good night.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my mum cooked some fish, and she asked how it was.

dad said "tough"

normally mum apologies but tonight she said "how can fish be tough"

and he said "you deserve a slap" and stormed out, came back later and now acting like normal

good old dad :bigwhat:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/thatlittledemon/status/1346523036367925249?s=21

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol some of those like “did you fall in” are universally golden

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im more a fan of "everything come out ok?" but "did you fall in" is classic

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

"Look, horses" for life

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

"it's not heavy, it's just awkward" is both something I say and something said about me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my stepdads beer posted:

"Look, horses" for life

right?? what kind of sociopath doesn't call attention to horses when they seem them

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

"it's not heavy, it's just awkward" is both something I say and something said about me
growing up, every single time any object large enough to require two people was movex, this was said roughly every minute or so for the entire task

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

chris elliot wrote a book with his father where they each wrote an alternating chapter. the format was supposed to be chris writes one story, then his dad writes a rebuttal. what was published was chris writing heartfelt stories from his childhood in his chapters, followed by his dad writing about going to the mall and buying gold-toe socks or something.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

that is a fuckin STRONG comedic family

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

aw he passed away in 2016, RIP dude

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
“we needed this rain” backed by “boy its really coming down out there” is an unbeatable dad one-two combo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

FMguru posted:

“we needed this rain” backed by “boy its really coming down out there” is an unbeatable dad one-two combo

"like a cow pissin on a flat rock"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s not on there but “were you born in a tent?” is an extremely dad rhetorical question (knowing full well you weren’t)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the americas cup is on at the moment and I have no idea why NZ is always involved but anyway there was a race other day and we were losing so my dad turns off the TV. turns out we came from behind to win.

good one dad

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

the americas cup is on at the moment and I have no idea why NZ is always involved but anyway there was a race other day and we were losing so my dad turns off the TV. turns out we came from behind to win.

good one dad

your dad the emotionally abusive cop is a real peach

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

"guess they'll let anyone in here" is gold

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bobbilljim posted:

"guess they'll let anyone in here" is gold

ikr

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

My dad is very loving. He survived Vietnam, homelessness, crippling poverty, and managed to raise two caring sons on his own. It did...however, require us to start parenting ourselves at a very young age and even take on a parental role with him at very young ages. I've had a little distance from that role over the past decade.

He's 76 now though and nearly became homeless again a couple years ago and is getting harassed and threatened by landlords again this year. I'm just so tired for him and wish he could be old and in peace without this poo poo.

El Mero Mero fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 17, 2021

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

my stepdads beer posted:

"Look, horses" for life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

“americans are the dumbest race on the planet” my
dad says . that is verbatim

also he goes on an on about how he hates american crap. but all he does all day is watch youtube. loves american tv

and wow when it comes to music, he loves country and the kinds of bogus sounds that are made only in america

honestly my dad would extremely fit right in midwest america and love the poo poo out of it so hard

what is with country music anyway. he loves rodney crowl. he loved bonnie raitt years ago and belonged to a club called the bonnie raitt appreciation society and got one of those wood prints with this picture on it and it was in the lounge and we even called our dog bonnie

but in colour

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

outlaw/dirtbag/old country music owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

americans are the dumbest but so is everyone else