Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I got the shittiest ending by literally backtracking 20 feet which pissed me off, but mercifully the game saves before the final encounter and lets you go back and get all of them.

So it’s not based on how many times you get caught by monsters or panic? You can get all the endings in a single play through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Major complaint is the flashing visions when low on sanity. Just loving over the top and annoying. Sometimes I just wanna look at a pile of guts or a cool skull, don't give me poo poo.

Yeah the game is just way too obsessed with taking control of the player and obscuring their vision. The flashbacks, low sanity effects, baby complaints, crawling, etc. are all annoying. For the flashbacks, I would much rather have seen what other games do where a ghostly scene plays out while you remain in control.

Overall I'm a little mixed on the game. The desert ruins setting isn't that interesting most of the time, and the other planet starts off extremely spooky and foreboding but by the third time you come back to it it feels like something in a Chronicles of Riddick game..

Does anyone know what the deal is with the meat dimension? It's some other world than the two you see, right?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 25, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Flimf posted:

It's the "Shadow" from the first game, that hunts down anyone who uses the orbs.

I guess that’s how it was in the first game but it sure doesn’t seem like I’m being stalked by a monster when meat explodes out of small tubes

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 25, 2020