Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"Fed Up" CM Punk

"Fed Up" CM Punk was a very bad gimmick. When he was talking on the microphone he would always have a red flustered face and make a lot of mistakes while speaking. He would try to be a sarcastic and biting mixture of bad rear end and smarmy, which was as bad as the combination of cream cheese and sour cream, whipped cream, and Casu Marzu, the nastiest food in existence. His name stands for Casu Marzu Punk. He kept on trying to appeal to the fans by kissing a ton of arse and saying slogans directly from corporate in order to make more money for WWE, such as "Bring back the WWE ice cream bars." This was yet another extremely disgusting combination that didn't fit and made people uncomfortable. CM Punk became this gimmick in real life and stopped liking wrestling soon afterward. He hasn't watched any wrestling in five years. That's how bad the gimmick was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Ok I get we have "Always Bad"ed CM Punk now or whatever but holy poo poo dude, stop. I know its funny he was bad at MMA but this is like saying Dean Ambrose is one of the worst gimmicks ever because Vince thought a hot dog cart was funny.

I decided to edit out justification for my entry since I didn't say anything wrong nor do I care about MMA. My entry stands on its own until thoroughly broken down and proven to be objectively false, and I also believe the catchphrase "always bad" being used in arguments should absolutely be frowned upon. It is so thoughtless and rude!

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vote for the worst gimmick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think the seeds should have been based on the argument made for each gimmick, and that cm punk should be a 4 to 6 seed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please remember. "Fed Up" CM Punk was a very bad gimmick. When he was talking on the microphone he would always have a red flustered face and make a lot of mistakes while speaking. He would try to be a sarcastic and biting mixture of bad rear end and smarmy, which was as bad as the combination of cream cheese and sour cream, whipped cream, and Casu Marzu, the nastiest food in existence. His name stands for Casu Marzu Punk. He kept on trying to appeal to the fans by kissing a ton of arse and saying slogans directly from corporate in order to make more money for WWE, such as "Bring back the WWE ice cream bars." This was yet another extremely disgusting combination that didn't fit and made people uncomfortable. CM Punk became this gimmick in real life and stopped liking wrestling soon afterward. He hasn't watched any wrestling in five years. That's how bad the gimmick was.

both of these gimmicks destroyed the person's career.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Is there room in the contest to nominate Cavauro? Because I've seen some bad gimmicks, but this posting tops them.

you can nominate me and i'll nominate you for that extremely embarrassing april fools thing

EDIT. i'm sorry. i doubt it was embarrassing. i read what you said, and it hurt my feelings so i felt my only recourse was to try and say something mean, but it rings hollow. Sorry again

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 26, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pleaes re-do the image so that my vote is in it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rico was an undercover police officer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I voted for the demon since it is the only gimmick in the matchup

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the kiss demon is directly tied to kiss as an idea. If you don't know, that's a rock band whose heyday was the mid 1970s to early 1980s. this band's members—particularly the originals—have done all of the worst things imaginable with the possible exception of direct murder. i'm not talking about drugs or paganism or infidelity. it's far beyond that. all the things that are uncomfortable to say. the demon character is the personification of those things. you really need to consider voting not with your distaste for embarrassing and awful television but with utter revulsion on top of that. the person who originally played the demon gimmick later went to TNA and was directly responsible for Johnny Damon appearing there as well. Johnny damon is a terrible Person and his name is similar to the demon and the entire angle led up to this which could be interpreted as being part of the demon gimmick as a result. That's up to you to decide. i'm not forcing thoughts or feelings on anyone so if you disagree try to be civil.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i decided if you vote for Dixie carter that's good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you go onto the dick's sporting goods website and put a lot of things into your shopping cart on there, or don't put anything, but you go to the shopping cart a lot of times, you're a dick's eCarter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's some important info. the 1998 kiss album sold 110,000 copies in its first week of release and charted at #1 in australia and sweden, #3 in the u.s. while slipknot's album from a year ago did 118,000 "album equivalent" sales or 102,000 in actual albums. this is to prove that they are the same and not that music monetization is extremely different and cannot be compared this way. Vote for dixie carter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

crying

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i will retroactively volunteer my entry to you, to be replaced by kelly kelly: exhibitionist. even though i wrote more than most do about their selections. That doesn't matter to me. my selection was eliminated. I'm sorry that you lost

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the stable 'pms' is the apex of wwe's sexist viewpoint of the mind of every woman which they still hold today. a well-earned 2 seed and an easy victory

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please be sure to end the polls that are close, in case you become embroiled in a difficult to disprove lying scandal later on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please read my advice earlier. if you have then that's good. i don't want anything bad to happen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no wonder everyone was so mad about cm punk. they're all voting based on the people and not the gimmicks. cm punk is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. but that's not what this game is about.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people don't like dentists, or feel uncomfortable with them. it's a better heel gimmick than racism is anything. it's just too bad i can't point to the evil dentist concept working today to really drive home the argument

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

but my name is Identity theft is not a joke, Rovets. Millions of scoopsmen suffer every year. and i didn't send that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hade vansen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gently caress off out of this message board game joey ryan

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dear Moderator,

I thought you said that you pooped at Glacier's behest.

Regards.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

asses and farts am i right?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vapors and shites

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was meant to be wwe comedy to go along with wwe drama and wwe action. the person doing it did not matter at all and a lot of gimmicks and occurrences are not for getting someone over, but for a brief moment of entertainment in some way. if i had the quote i would pull it up on here but someone said vince made it clear to them that he sees wwe as an end-all, be-all for entertainment purposes and that there isn't a reason to watch anything else. so he's going to put 'moments' and lots of useless scenes into his shows that he believes provide the full range of entertainment needs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a face serial killer is indeed not that big of a deal. the guy who intimidated people into drinking alcohol and beat up women and old people for no reason was a top 3 face in wrestling history. it would have made for a good nomination but i was far too late with people frantically posting their second, third and fourth nominations with insufficient thought put into the matter. chris masters and molly holly instead of "stone cold" steve austin is something we all have to live with now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i appreciate the simplicity and straightforward nature of the horrible spider-man ripoff. when it comes to the nightmare collective, practically anything can be claimed regarding 'the idea' as long as one makes sure to use the phrase "poorly executed." when it comes to facts, every segment involving that stable was muddled and incongruent, never making sense or providing detail about the purpose of what was happening or where anything was going. the people working together to end the stable didn't even work together again afterward and 50% of it disappeared while the other 50% has floundered since. the vaguery and complete failure of every person involved condemns it in this house.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 7, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we'll never know what might have happened with arachnaman because of the cease and desist letter.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not enough data was gathered on any of those gimmicks to say one way or the other.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the wcw invasion could have been good as well. punish these failures more than the rest

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

voting for the thing that was someone's gimmick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the matchup blows because one isn't really anyone's gimmick and the other was critical as well as major and large. that's why you should vote for whatever you want and then vote for their opponent in the next round. I hope my campaign is convincing lots of posters

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's not anyone's fault that it blows. Sorry for using that word

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

After Tim White really passed away the only good-taste reaction to that website angle is to purge it from memory.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It was correct

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the 800th "alien" against the 800th "non-heteros are crazay" is no contest indeed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a base ball is a good gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there were a lot of slur chants at house shows for gold dust. not sure about on tv