Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Oklahoma

Okay, "good ol' J.R." has a multitude of sins to answer for. But this parody was unfunny and meanspirited even by wrestling standards, unless you think a guy slurring J.R.'s catchphrases while pretending half his face is paralyzed is hilarious.

And of course it led to a non-wrestler writer beating actual female wrestlers, usually via bottle of barbecue sauce to the head. He even ended up being WCW cruiserweight champion for two days (winning the belt from Madusa), but was forced to vacate the belt because he was over the cruiserweight limit. It was won a month later by The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Iaukea (another possible entry for this list).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

If we can nominate two, then I'd throw in:

Shaniqua

Linda Miles was co-winner of the second season of Tough Enough with the infamous Jackie Gayda. Her reward? Getting renamed Shaniqua, because I suppose Linda didn't sound black enough for Vince, and made manager/dominatrix of the terminally bland Basham Brothers. When she wasn't interfering in their matches, she was flogging them backstage for "motivation."

Oh, and at one point she took a couple weeks off after getting hit by a Clothesline from Hell from Bradshaw, and came back with new breast implants, which were explained away as "swelling" from the clothesline.

(I did want to see a few more women's gimmicks in this tournament, and it was a tough choice between this and Incestuous Katie Burchill.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Looking at that bracket, I wouldn't be shocked if we end up with a final of Beaver Cleavage vs. Marianna Komlos Fakes Being Abused.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Seams posted:

Even if hadn’t fallen on his fuckin arse the Shockmaster would’ve been a disaster

That's where I'm at. Even if he'd done a perfect grand jete through the wall, what the hell is the gimmick? Fat guy in a big coat wearing a kids' Stormtrooper helmet covered in glitter paint. Is that something that's gonna make you buy tickets?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Shame there was no nomination for Donald Trump, Good-Guy Billionaire. (Remember when Trump "bought" Raw and WWE stock immediately tanked?)

Selachian fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Batista was never really meant to be a main event level guy. He just lucked into a huge storyline with Triple H because WWE rushed Randy Orton's exit from Evolution. At that point he took the ball and ran with it but before then he was just in Evolution cause they needed a big guy and his Deacon run had done nothing

I'd always heard that Batista had gotten very over playing a monster in OVW as Leviathan, and bringing him up to the big league only to make him the flunky of a midcard comedy gimmick was pure WWE "gotta pay your dues" booking.