Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

SBC sounded like he was doing his version of what a random person doing a Borat impression sounds like. Also how much of that poo poo had to be staged! The fertility dance part couldn't have been real??

it was a movie so actually 100% of it was staged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

GolfHole posted:

it was a movie so actually 100% of it was staged

drat I hadn't thought about that.

Phony Horse
Oct 22, 2020

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Article about father and daughter who were in the Macon Debutante ball where Borat and Tutar did the fertility dance:
https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/10/georgia-newspaper-editor-reveals-he-and-daughter-18-were-tricked-into-being-in-borat-2.html

“While preparing for the film, the movie company asked Davis and his daughter to take a short online quiz that tested their knowledge of pop culture and asked them if they knew characters like Will Ferrell, Sacha Baron Cohen and Mike Huckabee. Davis said he could only identify Huckabee.”

lol

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Watching it right now.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

wesleywillis posted:

Watching it right now.

Oh poo poo, sorry I'll stop talking now

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

May all your shits have antlers

Hardawn posted:

Oh poo poo, sorry I'll stop talking now

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

wanna cuddle with that jewish nana

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
the eric andre movie "bad trip" a goon ITT recommended was way funnier imho

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It was funny, unless you were a Trumper, then you were likely salty as hell.

That ending was fantastic.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I did and laughed my rear end off the entire time.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Gentle Autist posted:

wanna cuddle with that jewish nana

She died :(

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Chrs posted:

Did she get the plague?

It was funny.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

did he actually smash his nuts with a test your might machine just for a .8 second gag

cause a very careful analysis of the wah wah we wah he emitted has revealed that

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

GolfHole posted:

did he actually smash his nuts with a test your might machine just for a .8 second gag

cause a very careful analysis of the wah wah we wah he emitted has revealed that

That would be awesome if he really did. But lovely that they didn't show more of his reaction if it actually happened.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I was howling with laughter over the opening scenes in Kazakhstan.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Imagine not liking this movie. I can't. I'm going to bed, very naaaiice

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Article contains spoilers about the Borat film:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/10/borat-2-sequel-spoilers

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Chrs posted:

I’ve seen a lot of people complaining that Cohen ruined the Rudy interview by running in right as it was “getting good” but I can imagine he didn’t want to let the actress get sexually assaulted

Also if he'd actually gotten his dick out on camera there's a good chance they'd have had to cut the whole thing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Having seen it for myself, it looks to me like he was just tucking in his shirt.

I suppose there could be some sort of creative editing that cut out something that was really incriminating, but to me it looks like he was just tucking in the shirt.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
He was tucking in his shirt in the weirdest way possible under extremely suspicious circumstances, the whole interaction was creepy and Rudy deserves all the shame that gets sent his way

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He was tucking in his shirt in the same spot continuously for about 5 seconds.

He was tucking his shirt into his penis.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

He was definitely tucking in his shirt and probably adjusting his gross half-chub boner but insane people on twitter played it up like he was jacking his hog off for 5 seconds or something and blew it way out of proportion. He's a fat dwarf and probably can't adjust his shirt and dick and balls without laying down on a bed. Plus they looped and cut the footage like 2.5 times to stretch it out. He just had some chick basically propose to bang him so he probably thought she wouldn't mind if he adjusted his nasty junk with her in the room. It's still weird and gross but it's not some big insane gotcha.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

AHH F/UGH posted:

He was definitely tucking in his shirt and probably adjusting his gross half-chub boner but insane people on twitter played it up like he was jacking his hog off for 5 seconds or something and blew it way out of proportion. He's a fat dwarf and probably can't adjust his shirt and dick and balls without laying down on a bed. Plus they looped and cut the footage like 2.5 times to stretch it out. He just had some chick basically propose to bang him so he probably thought she wouldn't mind if he adjusted his nasty junk with her in the room. It's still weird and gross but it's not some big insane gotcha.

Lol, him grabbing his tubesteak was probably the least offensive part of that bit. Dude was creeping on her from the very beginning of that interview. If you watched that entire scene and didn't feel absolutely repulsed, then I don't know what to say.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

AHH F/UGH posted:

ah yes the ol' nonchalant lying down hand-in-pants shirt tuck

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lol, him grabbing his tubesteak was probably the least offensive part of that bit. Dude was creeping on her from the very beginning of that interview. If you watched that entire scene and didn't feel absolutely repulsed, then I don't know what to say.

"Rudy Giuliani is a gross creepy moron" doesn't even register on my shock meter in 2020

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Chrs posted:

she’s in heaven now :angel:

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

It was good but if you haven't had a chance to watch who is America that is the best work that Sacha Baron Cohen has done

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PoshYellowHoki-mobile.mp4

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

GolfHole posted:

very nice

this, but in the borat voice

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I haven't laughed that much at a movie in a while. would've been more hilarious in a theatre full of people. was also surprised how much heart was in the movie

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Tace Vim posted:

I haven't laughed that much at a movie in a while. would've been more hilarious in a theatre full of people. was also surprised how much heart was in the movie

Yeah, I loved the first Borat, but I think I like this one more because of Tutar.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

sbc is never going to be allowed in this country again and watching him break into it in the next movie at like, 68 years old, is going to be very nice.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Grevling posted:

I loved Borat but probably not going to watch this. I can't take cringe comedy at all anymore. I don't think I could watch the first one again either, thinking back on the scene where he shits in a plastic bag for example.

That's something I still keep thinking about. He did that and it was forgiven because of cultural differences but it was inviting a black woman as his date that got him thrown out.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Cringe comedy, and the irreverent and esoteric are the only kind of comedy that work anymore after living in the nightmareworld of 2020. Scripted sketch garbage like SNL is dogpissshitass.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if you dont think rudy was getting himself worked up so as not to risk laughter when he pulled it out you didnt really watch the movie

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

I thought there was a Lindsay Graham bit and was sad there wasnt

I was sick the other night so I only watched the first 15 minutes of it but from that, a few of the clips I've seen, and what I've heard, isn't it using the daughter character to show how Republicans view and treat women? I somehow doubt Lindsey would be suceptible to the tricks they were pulling to get these guys to out themselves as creeps.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

wesleywillis posted:

Did she get the plague?

It was funny.

I dunno but in the credits the movie was dedicated to her memory

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Her children sued.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Gentle Autist posted:

she’s in heaven now :angel:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Zesty posted:

Her children sued.

People do weird things on grief. They might also be litigious greedy fucks, who knows. At the end of the day the woman is presented as an unshakable and caring person. Shes a real hero just for being.

I found the scene really moving. Shes completely unshocked by his costume, knows what it is, has seen it and its analogues 100s of times, and responds with kindness and understanding. Its actually a really amazing legacy to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The_Continental posted:

People do weird things on grief. They might also be litigious greedy fucks, who knows. At the end of the day the woman is presented as an unshakable and caring person. Shes a real hero just for being.

I found the scene really moving. Shes completely unshocked by his costume, knows what it is, has seen it and its analogues 100s of times, and responds with kindness and understanding. Its actually a really amazing legacy to leave.

Yeah, that was an uplifting scene.