Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Tommunist posted:

I keep bouncing round the idea that bad posting doesn't equal scum and that acting like it does is disengenious. Scum is ultimately a self concious role and i dont think posters- especially on day one take that into consideration.

I think lurking is a much better indication than just ripping out awful posts, town shouldn’t be afraid to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I think lurking is a much better indication than just ripping out awful posts, town shouldn’t be afraid to post

Lurking isn't an indication imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommunist posted:

it can be, depending on when and how someone lurks

Tommunist posted:

Stop posting self consciously and let it rip @sirtommygun

agreed with this, I like ur vibe STG but just post about game and you'll fit right in

Bifauxnen posted:

That was a pretty drat good snipe though cmon

hell yeah, it was a super localized to mafia iceburn

it still doesn't validate his lack of proper posting

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i don't think your posting is bad stg

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommunist posted:

Noth of you loving blow gently caress u both

gently caress sandwolf fuckin nerd

you wouldn't survive a round with Daddy Mafia

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Taste you got any ideas about who's on what team here?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

bminus is scum in the way he's handled the assorted bad d1 pressure

right for the wrong reasons, etc

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommunist posted:

Eh I think it is sometimes. Town can find it hard to get into a game, but scum usually got it even worse. But D1 is probably the worst time to try and judge it cause a lot of people have a hard time finding their footing regardless of alignment.

Sandwolf posted:

hell yeah, it was a super localized to mafia iceburn

it still doesn't validate his lack of proper posting

I've reread Hum now and yeah, I could see this. When he's scum Hum will often hang back not actually doing anything, just showing up to show his face and fit in. Which people will usually let him do, since he'll drop some great lines so he doesn't come off as awkward.

##vote Hum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

t a s t e posted:

bminus is scum in the way he's handled the assorted bad d1 pressure

right for the wrong reasons, etc

But yeah I wouldn't be actually opposed to sticking with binus. I'm no longer getting the vibes I got off that one post but I would love to find out if I was initially right

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don’t like this late in the day redirect off of Binus and onto me

Reeks of opportunistic motives.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Now if you’ll excuse me for a moment I’m going to check what my role is because I forgot

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My role loving blows.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ObamaAkbar. posted:

People lurk for an assortment of reasons, don’t fall into the same trap other players do of ascribing a scum motivation to every lurker.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm also a bit suspicious of Mr. Hum, because they voted for ASF right after ASF said they were dealing with a fairly serious case of the flu. Then while I was writing this post he dropped 4 posts in a row immediately after he got called out for dropping in and out. ##vote Mr. Humalong

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Now if you’ll excuse me for a moment I’m going to check what my role is because I forgot

Unconvincing!!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm not a fan of this shift onto Humalong either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not a fan of this shift onto Humalong either.

why?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not a fan of this poo poo onto Humalong either.

I know right, if he's gone maybe the vore jokes will stop

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

was that a ninja edit? or is bif editing posts she's quoting

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm also a bit suspicious of Mr. Hum, because they voted for ASF right after ASF said they were dealing with a fairly serious case of the flu. Then while I was writing this post he dropped 4 posts in a row immediately after he got called out for dropping in and out. ##vote Mr. Humalong

This is an exceptionally lovely vote that is probably the tipping point for my being the day 1 lunch, btw.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is an exceptionally lovely vote that is probably the tipping point for my being the day 1 lunch, btw.

this feels kinda dramatic hum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

like you're -5 and yet you're tryna pin this on STG instead of Bif or I who are ostensibly supporting it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

this feels kinda dramatic hum

We have 5 hours to go in a slow game and I'm the vote leader with two scum voting me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

We have 5 hours to go in a slow game and I'm the vote leader with two scum voting me.

and those two scum are....

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

and those two scum are....

You and Referee.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Everybody calls my votes lovely, how do I make my votes good??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

You and Referee.

uh oh scumalonggggg you had barely mentioned me before now being certain I am scum and scum on a team with Referee!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sirtommygunn posted:

Everybody calls my votes lovely, how do I make my votes good??

stop caring what people think of 'em

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

so? what have you said of value?

This post is hilarious when you read back and see the sum of your "content" to that point is:

Sandwolf posted:

I’m actually okay with a binus vote, otherwise I’d vote sirtommygun

Sandwolf posted:

If binus stays largely quiet for the rest of the day I’d actually push to go back there

Sandwolf posted:

Though this feels like Scumalong

Then you double down on this being content by saying:

Sandwolf posted:

I have stated pretty cleanly what my reads are (binus, tommygun, now Hum) and I am in the process of trying to get the person with the most votes to talk more.

Who do you think is scum Obama? -100 points if you say it’s D1 and you can’t make any reads because your brain can’t do anything until the fictional day turns over

Stating "I'd vote that guy" is not making a read. You never mention STG again. I'd wager that was your distancing attempt.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Whoa thread blew up. Won’t be able to post until 7 cstbut I will be available after that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

This post is hilarious when you read back and see the sum of your "content" to that point is:

Then you double down on this being content by saying:

Stating "I'd vote that guy" is not making a read. You never mention STG again. I'd wager that was your distancing attempt.

okay now analyze it with all the posts AFTER that point

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

uh oh scumalonggggg you had barely mentioned me before now being certain I am scum and scum on a team with Referee!

Yeah I just started caring about the game.

Probably shouldn't have pushed me, you could have had a coasting town Hum instead of one sniffing out scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah I just started caring about the game.

Probably shouldn't have pushed me, you could have had a coasting town Hum instead of one sniffing out scum.

why would I not want that lol

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

##unvote

Catching up- Sandwolf’s pressure earlier on read towny to me. Solus’ defense to pressure earlier reads less so, but I’m having trouble articulating exactly why, I’ll try to give it a better shot when I’m not posting on my quick break.

sirtommygunn posted:

If you want to assign some intent to my shitposting I'm trying to get scum to target me so they'll waste their night action killing a complete idiot.

This is a post I don’t like at all, though. That said, if STG is new(er) I’ll stick it on the back burner for now.

Should be back in about an hour and will have more time to dive in deeper.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How come I don't get to be the scum, I'm the one who me-tooed Sandwolf!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

okay now analyze it with all the posts AFTER that point

I see you having a meltdown about two newbies asking you to chill the gently caress out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

I see you having a meltdown about two newbies asking you to chill the gently caress out.

yep, keep going, you're almost there

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Someone pinged IS in Discord.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

How come I don't get to be the scum, I'm the one who me-tooed Sandwolf!

I think he can sense my confidence and it scares him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I won't be answering any more of Sandwolf's posts. I see no reason to engage with scum.