Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Oh gently caress yeah. I love worm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually gently caress it, I'm in, Yami has just informed me that me and Amni are apparently Accord Buddies so can't leave him hanging

Yes. Accord and The Elite need more love.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also please make me cult recruiter Echidna.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tithin posted:

I suppose cult recruiter is one way to think of her

From a mafia role standpoint I think it makes perfect sense! :)

Bifauxnen posted:

Has anyone made an ungodly huge AU fanfic yet where he gets to solve world hunger and all

Umm...not that I can think of. I think Security might have them using accord's plans? SI fix-it fics are probably most likely for that kind of thing.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Referee posted:

So I started reading this and love it. I’m assuming playing in this game would give me spoilers, though?

Not sure how long the book is, but put me as a replacement for now and if I finish reading while signups are still open, I’ll move over.

yes. This entire setting is basically spoilers :D

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

I burned through the entire thing in like 3 weeks at work a few years ago but I remember very little of it now.

I definately read as far as I did in like 2-3 days. The setting and characters are so interesting.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Please tell me if the deadline works for you guys.

Fine with me.

##vote sandwolf

Will this be the sand turbo game?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

This is my first Mafia game in awhile please be nice

The new hotness is to kill sand people as quickly as possible.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Is this a thinly veiled Madalorian spoiler?

Do sand people play a role in the Mandalorian?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tithin posted:

##vote sandwolf

Yes. Do it!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

keep posting bif you're drunk.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I wish I was awake for Auspool stuff...you sound like a bunch of cool people.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Apologies. It's not anything super serious.

I am glad that you're back and playing again Sal! I have missed playing with you.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

bad vote alert

far be it from me to agree with a sand person. But I agree with this sand person.

##unvote

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Well ..that felt coordinated.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sirtommygunn posted:

Killing is better than not killing, even if its random, right? changing to ##vote b-minus1.

I found the scum bandwagon vote!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So just to clarify, you don't think b- is scum, you just are voting for them because you want someone to die?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Okay, you're new so I'm not voting you for this right now, because I don't vote new players out day 1.

This is a poo poo position. Yes, voting *someone* is better than voting *no one* but the way you're casting your vote is removing all culpability for the vote, which is bad play for the town. If you don't think b minus is scum, then try and find scum. It absolutely IS possible to find scum based on day 1 interactions.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

I'm voting for Binus because he's scum, it's pretty obvious.

I can respect that even if I don't agree with it.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote obamaakbar

Looking through day 1 posts introduction, this is the one that jumps out at me. Imediately excusting themselves for being relatively new and absent from the game, and then their entire history has been distancing from making decisions or commenting.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Thought you didn’t vote for new players D1?

Don’t really know what you are getting at here either

You've got 10+ games in votefinder. You aren't new to the hobby here on SA, so I don't extend the same protections as someone that just started playing the game. It's about encouraging new players to keep playing and not get frustrated that they die in day 1 before they get to experience the game.

And my issue is that your posting in thread has had 0 substance, and the only thing you've posted that is related to actual mafia is "we shouldn't kill b- because they might be town and have a cool role."

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Hey, Hal or Bif or Amni - am I really being that bad here?

I think you're talking past each other a lot, resulting in miscommunication of intent.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I dont think sandwolf blows up at someone for "bad play" then calls them town as scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I've been Sandwolf since Maple Story at 11 and I'll be Sandwolf until I die!!

One day ill make it happen day 1.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

my scum strat is to immediately let 3P win you know that

....I'm still salty at you sandwolf!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, vote Obama. Yes we can!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Amni what will it take for you to vote Hum

Obama no longer being an option.

##vote Hum

I don't think Sandwolf is scum, I'm not sold on Humalong but my reads right now are Obama, who other people aren't willing to vote for and STG who I' won't vote for on D1.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I have two more pages of posts since then, but again, you don't actually want to get me lunched, you want to make sure you survive

...##unvote

I don't see this happening at all and it's making me second guess sandwolf not being scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

he literally OMGUS suspicioned at you as soon as you voted amni are you kidding

He's got poo poo reads, but he's not "more interested in staying alive". He's been pushing like this since before he was really a front runner. The misrepresentation of what is happening is what I have a problem with.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Referee posted:

Completely separate from my opinion of you in this game: MAN I hate when players threaten this poo poo.

If anyone actually did this I would refuse to play with them ever again. It's literally saying "I don't like the fact that people are playing the game so I'm going to throw a tantrum and ruin the game for everyone."

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

wait...it is???

Hum, you're an angel and we don't deserve you.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'll claim at -3 or so

can you claim your flavor first so I can play "game the mod" and try to guess your power?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Okay so tinker, which automatically makes me suspect JOAT because Yami likes to make up complicated roles with multiple moving parts. Movement specialization so...limited shot watcher/tracker/hider thing?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

lol well now I don't want to but yeah I was 100% gonna blow you away immediately I haven't had a chance to shoot a gun in forever

And this makes me feel better about you as town. Anyone with a lurker gun that wants to give people a "chance to explain" is either scum, or steak.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

....wasn't Chariot a mole in the Protectorate?

According to the wiki:

"The heroes deduced Chariot was a mole for Coil since every other group in the city was too poor or racist to be employing him. "

So...that's a thing?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't read this yet is Coil evil?

Good Guys = Wards/Protectorate/Guild/Cauldron

Bad Guys = Empire 88/Coil/Asian Bad Boys/Merchants/Cauldron

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote hum

yea, my jitters about sandwolf aside, I think humalong is a good vote today.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

that's -1 in the span of 3 minutes

Yea...man...votes coming in at deadline to ensure someone dies is an unusual thing here at something awful mafia...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I do think the Sal and DB votes are not so hot so your words are not lost on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sirtommygunn posted:

So yeah, b-, why'd you bring the hammer down if you believed humalong was for sure a town, and that the people pushing hardest for his death were scum?

Also think STG is worth consideration today. Straight up said yesterday we should kill someone and it didn't matter who, now is roasting someone for hammering at <30 minutes to deadline.