Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I grew like the concept of recruiting people but it's immediately undercut by just how things are handled in the story. Might as well call it "Bagley and those who stumble". In 2 everyone in the team did something and they worked out all the problems and had unique personalities and flaws. In 3 it's just "hey, we don't know what to do, tell us overlord Bagley" then it just tells you in an annoyingly roundabout way.

The characters may have unique abilities but they do nothing to move the story forward. While I came around on the idea of this stuff (I initially thought it was stupid) they just couldn't figure out how to integrate it into the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Think I've seen about the same amount of hitmen and hitwomen. I have one of each, my hitwoman is bald and I dressed her in 47's white suit.

Babe Magnet posted:

I've got like 2 "Amateur Hitmen" that come with like a silenced P9 and some other generic traits, I like to think they're mentoring.

My favourite operative was an amateur hitwoman with an AK47, extra health and a motorbike. She was amazing in the early game before I got any fancy recruits. Lost her when I was being too careless clearing a clan Kelly base and one of those bomb spiders got her just as she killed the person who threw it, RIP.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
IDK what's wrong here then. I want a Spice Girls squad, but the game stops me from doing that. It's dudes all the time. I keep killing them, too, because the RNG supposedly creates a new character then.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Combat Pretzel posted:

IDK what's wrong here then. I want a Spice Girls squad, but the game stops me from doing that. It's dudes all the time. I keep killing them, too, because the RNG supposedly creates a new character then.

Roaming bands of violent feminists executing every man they see so a woman can have his job

This is the future liberals want

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Has anyone experiencing crashing on the PC solved it? I’ve pretty much just shelved the game until there’s a patch for now since I basically can’t play. Crashes every ~30 minutes and apparently saves every 30+ minutes, so my progress literally is never saved.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

tildes posted:

Has anyone experiencing crashing on the PC solved it? I’ve pretty much just shelved the game until there’s a patch for now since I basically can’t play. Crashes every ~30 minutes and apparently saves every 30+ minutes, so my progress literally is never saved.

if you're using nordVPN and have uplay+ that solved my frequent crashing issues

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

The Iron Rose posted:

if you're using nordVPN and have uplay+ that solved my frequent crashing issues

Using NordVPN while playing with Uplay+ solved or caused the crashing? I have NordVPN but it’s not active when I am playing, tho I don’t have Uplay+ (I, in retrospect stupidly, just bought it).

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Wolfsheim posted:

Roaming bands of violent feminists executing every man they see so a woman can have his job

This is the future liberals want

i mean, it's not the future I don't want... :unsmith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Combat Pretzel posted:

Sorry, I'm getting them all. A good 80% of my characters are women and every zone recruit in my game was a woman except the hitman.

And I'm all for it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

tildes posted:

Using NordVPN while playing with Uplay+ solved or caused the crashing? I have NordVPN but it’s not active when I am playing, tho I don’t have Uplay+ (I, in retrospect stupidly, just bought it).

Sorry, forgot a word there!

NordVPN disconnects when switching servers in such a way that Ubisoft kicks you out of the game, if your only entitlement to the game is through uplay+. Every time I tried playing with it, I’d get consistent crashes when my NordVPN session expired and forced a reconnect - with the same failed to synchronize cloud saves error.

On a different VPN service or on no VPN all, no problem. Having it installed but not running would obviously not do anything though, so unfortunately I’d look elsewhere for solutions.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 11, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I read somewhere (reddit? youtube?) that if you find a hitman you can deep profile for competition which are essentially a re-roll.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I had to reinstall the game on my Xbox today after it started crashing almost immediately after launch.
An interesting thing I learned the other day but kept forgetting to post: if you autodrive to a location and don’t keep moving after it stops at your destination, you can cause a traffic jam. If you stay long enough, ctOS bots will issue tickets to NPCs for illegally parking. Eventually, the NPCs will get upset enough to drag you from your car.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I read somewhere (reddit? youtube?) that if you find a hitman you can deep profile for competition which are essentially a re-roll.
Thanks for the hint, because that'll cut down time, since you can time-skip with that deep profile stuff.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Now I found a supermodel hitwoman. Finally I guess.

So tell me if I'm right regarding this Skye Larson stuff. I found a picture in her underground creepy home with her and her boyfriend(/brother?) and I presume that's Bagley, right? --edit: I'm sure glad the kill or upload choice matters gently caress-all.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 11, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Combat Pretzel posted:

Now I found a supermodel hitwoman. Finally I guess.

So tell me if I'm right regarding this Skye Larson stuff. I found a picture in her underground creepy home with her and her boyfriend(/brother?) and I presume that's Bagley, right? --edit: I'm sure glad the kill or upload choice matters gently caress-all.

Funny thing is this was my guess but you meet “Bagley” in the postgame after a stupid scavenger hunt quest

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Two frustrating crashes last night that each lost 15 mins of progress, so I think this game goes on the shelf until it’s had a few more patches. The worst part of losing progress is that it fucks with my sense of what I’ve completed.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
New update! I’m patching presently. This one is mostly for Xbox players.
[quote=DedSec, we’re deploying a patch for Xbox One tomorrow, and for PlayStation 4 later in the week. For Xbox One, we’re taking an incremental approach to deploying stability fixes. As the first step, this patch will improve game stability and address many of the crashes experienced by our players on the platform. We thank you for your patience, and will continue to monitor your feedback as we work to bring a better gaming experience for everyone.

Xbox One

Resource optimization improvements for User Interface, Textures and AI that decrease crashes occurring during gameplay.
Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when exiting to main menu.
General stability improvements for the in-game areas “Carousel Plaza”, “Slaughterhouse” and “Tower of London”.

Global

Fixed an issue that caused “Doomed” Operatives to immediately meet their doom after recruitment. What do we say to the god of death?
Fixed an issue that caused highly reflective clothes to appear as black in the Team App.

Update: The patch is now be live for Xbox One users.]

[/quote]

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

The game is still crashing frequently on Xbox despite the update

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I looked up some key cutscenes on Youtube, my desire to keep playing has waned. I still want to replay Watchdogs 2, again, tho.

--edit: Oh dear god, the German dub of Bagley is pretty terrible.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 13, 2020

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
The choices for the first operative were all pretty funny and pretty bad, I chose some stylish hipster guy because his (only) trait was "owns a motorcycle". Literally five seconds later I realise you can just steal any vehicle you want any time. Oh well!

Next operative I get is a proper talented character, so now I'm running around as a forty-something Indian lady with dyed hair and a blazer, with a "born in India" accent. She's also really good at hacking. poo poo owns

Pretty early on I came across the hypnotiser and that gadget she gets is just broken. Basically anyone you use it on is guaranteed to get themselves killed, usually manages to take one or two other baddies with them as well. Zero risk carnage. On some side mission when I used it on the last enemy I thought it would do nothing, but nah, the guy ran up the stairs to pick a fight with some random guard half a mile away and got himself killed. :allears:

Then I recruited a spy and did the usual thing with drone hijacking and invisibility cloak until I noticed that it's real easy to just shoot everyone in the head with the silenced pistol. And a few operatives later I got a hitman and decided to try the assault rifle... yeah that poo poo is super effective as well. :catstare:

Game is pretty fun, enough different ways to do things. I'm not very far in though.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
So, was playing this on PS4, PS5 arrived and I downloaded my free PS5 upgraded version copy of WD: Legion. Except anytime I try to load the cloud save, it immediately crashes. Anyone else have this issue?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
50% of my time in the game has been spent beating the poo poo out of cops and gangsters on the street. I've been having a good time, all in all.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Found a weird bug in a mission. The one where you have to seduce someone to take down Zero Day. She’s a woman, and I try a woman first. In the profiler, she has both a female lover and a girlfriend. It makes me use a man to get her to sleep with an agent.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

This game really wrecks my 3090 and 5950 rig.

1440p, Ultra Settings, 100% Extra Details, 4 Car Headlight Shadows, Raytracing Ultra and DLSS Quality.

Without DLSS a loving 2500 Euro GPU and CPU setup can’t even get remotely close to 60 avg fps in maxed settings. More like 45-50 frames. lol
:allbuttons:

Say goodbye to 60 fps in 4K unless you drop several settings or push DLSS into worse visuals with performance mode.

It’s the usual horrid open world Ubisoft Experience in the launch month.

Other than that I think WDL is „okay“ and fun to fool around with the mechanics.
I like the setting and atmosphere, but it’s worlds away from any GOTY contenders, a solid 6 of 10.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 20, 2020

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Tragedienne posted:

So, was playing this on PS4, PS5 arrived and I downloaded my free PS5 upgraded version copy of WD: Legion. Except anytime I try to load the cloud save, it immediately crashes. Anyone else have this issue?

I did the same thing, and the download of the cloud save kept failing. I got it to work eventually by just loading the game up on PS4, running around for a few minutes, and re-uploading the save to the cloud. Then o switched it over to the PS5 and was able to load the cloud save.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

This is why I refuse to upgrade to 1440, because my perfectly good system would immediately be unable to run anything

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I wound up getting an Xbox Series X rather unexpectedly so I bought Watch Dogs Legion when I saw it on sale.

It’s running really smooth, but hot drat when is Ubi going to add quick resume support, because when your soon decides to quickly swap over to the Lego movie and you need to restart the whole opening process...it’s really annoying.

The plus side is all the dlc and stuff I unlocked on my PS4 play through is already unlocked on the Xbox Series X. None of the recruits I got, but ones I bought and lore I found. It still starts at the beginning though. And I’m not going to complain as it made the buying of a new version a hell of a lot easier to swallow.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I wound up getting an Xbox Series X rather unexpectedly so I bought Watch Dogs Legion when I saw it on sale.

It’s running really smooth, but hot drat when is Ubi going to add quick resume support, because when your soon decides to quickly swap over to the Lego movie and you need to restart the whole opening process...it’s really annoying.

Kids rock lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They do indeed. Watching him get excited beating a level is worth it all.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Does anyone know if there's an internal benchmark test in Watch Dogs Legion? I know that some Ubisoft games have one, but I haven't found one here.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Ersatz posted:

Does anyone know if there's an internal benchmark test in Watch Dogs Legion? I know that some Ubisoft games have one, but I haven't found one here.

There is, but it does not reflect performance in the open world at all. It's the video settings menu though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I really enjoyed Legion more than I expected I would and don't have a huge amount of outright criticisms, but I really feel like they could have capitalized a lot more on the "recruit anyone you see and make your own team" angle if you'd been building, like, teams rather than just a bunch of individuals. Say for example you get four slots for a team. One is your active character, the other three get to provide you with support based on their own abilities and stats - a drone person can harass enemies with drones, a tech guy gives you better hacking, a marksman can provide overwatch fire, all kinds of things like that. It could have added some more choices to how you play (And possibly allowed for more difficult missions and stuff as a result) and given more avenues for building up your people as characters.

Also it would have been nice to have some background stuff about how dedsec is helping create/support community organizations and resources. Like in one or two missions you do things like provide a distraction so the local grassroots can shift their gear away from an impending Albion raid and that's cool, but I don't even necessarily mean you need to be involved, just some logs and chatter about how after a borough got liberated the people there got to work running themselves, housing the homeless, expanding the food distribution places, finding better ways to handle keeping the peace with Albion and their cronies largely booted out but not wanting to just bring the Met back, all kinds of things of that nature. Could have offered lots of small opportunities to highlight alternatives, and if they did want to make content from this, there's all kinds of ways you still could - "Hey Albion is keeping medical supplies locked up, hit this place and get the stuff out to our street clinics", "We've got an activist from San Francisco secretly coming in to talk about their experiences with ctOS and help organize more effectively, they're coming in via the Thames so can you get a boat and meet them?" (And then that allows cameos from 2), "We were paying Clan Kelley to use one of their smuggling routes to bring in food from the countryside, but they suddenly trebled the price. Can you do something about it?" All sorts of things like that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ms Adequate posted:

Also it would have been nice to have some background stuff about how dedsec is helping create/support community organizations and resources.

Agree, but I'm not surprised that Ubi's politics don't extend quite far enough to put a spotlight on mutual support.

Going to dive back in and see if it's any less crashy for me. Hoping for a patch in the last few weeks that will keep me from losing so much progress...

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I kind of hate that I enjoyed this game as much as I did. I also kind of hate that I've gotten most of the achievements (something I usually avoid doing) and that the person who pressured me into getting the game so he'd have someone to play multiplayer with has barely gotten through 1/5th of the story. Then, of course, they delayed multiplayer. Welp.
I wish I could put a finger on what it is I actively enjoyed... All I keep coming back to is that I very much liked making a team of 30+ year old women who obliterated most everyone.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

New patch is out!

Ubi posted:

We’re deploying TU 2.20 this week for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. This will add a manual Save Game button to PC, as well as bring additional crash fixes to Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PlayStation 4. We continue to monitor your feedback as we work to bring the best playing experience for everyone, and we thank you for your patience.

Global

Fixed an issue that could cause longer load times when exiting to the main menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted.
Fixed an issue that could cause lost progress during Borough Uprising missions when loading back into the game.

Xbox One

Optimized game on Xbox One and Xbox One S to reduce instability during certain missions (among them "Justice for Claire") and the open world.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when scrolling through the Team tab.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Main Menu to become unresponsive when quitting the Single Player mode.
Fixed a crash that could occur while auto driving on the Tower bridge during the "Inside Albion" mission.
Further incremental optimizations made to improve game stability which improve performance and reduce crashes.

Xbox Series X/S

Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when switching between users with non-English and English text versions.

PC

Added a manual save game button to the Pause Menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause a Borough to not be liberated despite the player having completed all necessary activities.
Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.
Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted after a crash or freeze.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when one or all Operatives die.
Added CPU optimization that increases framerate on high end PCs in DirectX 12 mode.
Fixed an issue that caused the game’s framerate to drop significantly when looking at water or reflective surfaces.
Fixed an issue that could cause Operatives to go missing after the game crashed.
Fixed an issue that caused the game to become pixelated with DLSS enabled and playing on the lowest available resolution.
Fixed an issue that caused Reflection, Ambient Occlusion and Subsurface Scattering to not save their value after changing the graphic quality from Custom to Low/Ultra and back.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash under certain rendering conditions.
Fixed an issue where some players would see a “Dunia Demo” error message and be unable to launch the game.
Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.

PlayStation 4
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if a character model was not loaded correctly.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when quitting to the Main Menu.
Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.

Stadia

Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.

Ubisoft+

Fixed missing English localization for Russian users.

PlayStation 5 (Deployed on Thursday, November 19th, 2020)

Fixed an issue where the game would crash on game launch when the graphic settings (e.g. brightness) were changed.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when quitting to the Main Menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause a cloud save download to fail on first try.
Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the EPC area in "Lost in the Process" mission.
Fixed and issue that could cause longer save times

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I honestly feel like this game was kind of a turd, especially compared to asscreed vikings which is really good. This felt just kind of half baked and repetitive and tonally dissonant. Kind of an anemic open world, too, especially compared to Dogs 2. I completed the thing and did pretty much near everything I could for some reason, but I doubt I’d ever come back to it. I also just played as a single operative with a silenced pistol the whole game because I never found a good reason to switch it up.

Meh.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

I think this patch finally fixed the Xbox One version. I haven’t had a single crash for an hour.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
This was briefly mentioned but part of the deal with this bug-fixing patch was that they're pushing the multiplayer modes to 2021:

quote:

As part of our commitment to fixing the game’s issues, we’ve decided to delay the Online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion to early 2021. This will allow us to focus on fixing issues with single player, and it will give us more time to test the Online experience to help ensure a smooth launch of the mode.

Pretty unfortunate! I dropped off this game hard when Valhalla was released, not because I disliked it but because I could see the groundwork for a bunch of interesting additional modes features they were going to add but hadn't yet. I got into W_D2 after all the content was out so I started from day one screwing around with fun invasion and bounty hunter modes between story missions, and this game is especially badly in need of stuff like that to flesh it out and give it a bit more personality. So...see you next year, hope we all make it through covid and the presidential transition!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Wolfsheim posted:

This was briefly mentioned but part of the deal with this bug-fixing patch was that they're pushing the multiplayer modes to 2021:

Pretty unfortunate! I dropped off this game hard when Valhalla was released, not because I disliked it but because I could see the groundwork for a bunch of interesting additional modes features they were going to add but hadn't yet. I got into W_D2 after all the content was out so I started from day one screwing around with fun invasion and bounty hunter modes between story missions, and this game is especially badly in need of stuff like that to flesh it out and give it a bit more personality. So...see you next year, hope we all make it through covid and the presidential transition!

sucks but i am not shocked. i have played the game on and off again and i do like it but i have played maybe 2 story missions and have mostly just spent time recruiting randos. i am gonna probably get into hard when the big DLC drops so i can play as wrench and Iconic Hat Dickhead, plus the assassin. plus gonna play Valhalla AND Cyberpunk and Gods and monsters first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Polish James Bond is awesome.