Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Dragonstoned posted:

Yeah but it kinda sucked when they reverted to the default clothes when I switched to a different guy...

This is a cutscene bug I think. One of my guys swapped back to her original clothes for the cutscene and walked off in world in her old clothes, but when I swapped back later she was in the stuff I had customised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I don't know, I'm warming to it, although there are issues. London is much better modelled than San Francisco, and although the voice acting isn't perfect, it's nice to play a game that isn't just generic American. The random character aspect isn't gripping me so far and I think Watch Dogs 2 wins for making you care about the characters. The story is bizarre and seems to range from super serious to outright goofy pulp science fiction. The AI assistant is luckily not too bad, but I can see how it might annoy, especially as it's overdone in video games now.

It's a strange one really. It's like its trying hard to be different, but then is reeled back by the usual Ubisoft open world tropes.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

The deep dive upgrade should be one of the first thing people get because it affect things gameplay wise.

I was also kind of disappointed on the fact that the character you recruit cannot be upgraded in some way.

Graphic are a mix bag and I find that, while I don't find the model straight up ugly, there is something off with them. Also the hair look like something out of saint row 2.

There seem to be a bunch of glitch link with the video setting on pc. If I play with the environment detail over the limit in the advance settings, I start glitching through boats and water into the void.

Beside that everything ran fine with an rx 590 (amd) on ultra in 1080p, they must had jam the rtx feature at the last minute causing all sort of problem.

I love the audio clip they hidden everywhere, but I too find it weird you cannot play the clips while playing.

For the empty cars, I think those that have a wireless symbole on them are self driving/without a driver.

Game is rough around the edges but you have to give it to them, it's a pretty ambitious title gameplay wise.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

First impressions of Watch Dogs are very poor, and this is coming from someone who likes Ubi open world games in general. I even somewhat enjoyed Breakpoint. This is worse than Breakpoint, and more janky.

Didn't help that the last game I played was last of us 2 though. Everything looks and plays like poo poo compared to it.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 30, 2020

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nuts and Gum posted:

This game is incredibly 'last gen'. And not just in graphics and overall presentation, loading screens nearly cutting off a line of dialogue. Like a film director made cuts to their movie based on when it was convenient to change the reel. I'm pretty early in the game but it feels like it should have been $30 DLC max so far

Maybe I'll feel better if it runs at 60 on xbsx. I can't find any performance mode or anything on the xb1x which is lame.

Bad news... It's looking like it's only 4k/30 only on next gen. Valhalla will be 60 though.

This game reminds me of crackdown 3. I barely made it past the tutorial on that too.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

update is out on pc, no performance changes that i can tell

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I just want the fucken thing to stop crashing.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Estel posted:

For the people getting crashes on PC i found a workaround that works for me. In the game folder there are 2 exe files, one called WatchdogsLegion.exe and WatchdogsLegionBE.exe. I guess the second one is related to BattleEye but after launching manually the first one i went form 3 crashes today to none.

This worked for me, no crashes since i started launching the game with the other exe.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i'm getting perf improvements just outside of the margin of error with the different exe, probably misjudging the margin though

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

i'm getting perf improvements just outside of the margin of error with the different exe, probably misjudging the margin though

What are your specs?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

well I crashed within 5mins of loading up the new patch so not completely fixed. suspecting I know why they don't put these games on steam now... [red]OVERWHELMINGLY NEGATIVE[/red]

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

What are your specs?
8700K and 3080, i'm not cpu limited on any of the tests. i did play around with 3x 4k monitors and even with dlss performance i need to knock down settings to hit 60

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

and it crashed within 15mins running from the non _BE .exe so I don't think that is a guarantee for everyone

literally the most crashy game I have played in years :/

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Im warming to it a bit since I plunked down for it and feel compelled to play it as such. Its kinda giving me Mafia 3 vibes in terms of the repetition involved in liberating places though.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Theres also too many tech points scattered everywhere and not enough skills I want to spend them on. And your reward for liberating an area is now you can see where all the tech points are. Great.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

man nurse posted:

Theres also too many tech points scattered everywhere and not enough skills I want to spend them on. And your reward for liberating an area is now you can see where all the tech points are. Great.
I think a good tip is to be really disciplined in resisting the urge to grab tech points when you see them in red zones that will take more than a handful of seconds to get. Only go into those areas when you are have an objective for unlocking another team member or on a mission or you will burn out, no matter you stamina for mindless bullshit.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How do I tell if I got the patch installed?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think the main issue too is that the skill tree just doesnt have much to offer this time around, making the loop of finding more tech points unsatisfying because its not evolving the gameplay or your toolkit appreciably.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I found a hypnotist

I want London's FUTURE clothing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got this on a lark and man I'm loving the hell out of it. Just a fun game, interesting themes and world building, and the NPC recruit feature is a cool evolution of what State of Decay did.

Does it reinvent the wheel? No. Does it take tried and true gameplay mechanics and build on them and create a cool world for it to inhabit. Yep

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Croccers posted:

I found a hypnotist

I want London's FUTURE clothing.
His Takedown attack is hypnotising them to SLEEP. Still counts as Injury and Hospitalizes them though.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Estel posted:

This worked for me, no crashes since i started launching the game with the other exe.

After the patch i tried launching it from Uplay so it uses the normal exe and it's been working fine, no crashes.

Qmass posted:

well I crashed within 5mins of loading up the new patch so not completely fixed. suspecting I know why they don't put these games on steam now... [red]OVERWHELMINGLY NEGATIVE[/red]

What are your specs?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Got this on a lark and man I'm loving the hell out of it. Just a fun game, interesting themes and world building, and the NPC recruit feature is a cool evolution of what State of Decay did.

Does it reinvent the wheel? No. Does it take tried and true gameplay mechanics and build on them and create a cool world for it to inhabit. Yep

Yeah, i got it after Cyberpunk's delay and I've been enjoying it too. I like that the npc's relations are more complex than it may seem and i don't know how it keeps track of everything. I found an athlete with great skills to use as a combat operative but noticed he hated Dedsec and it was because i drove over one of his friends.

It's like Pokemon but with ugly English people.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Estel posted:

After the patch i tried launching it from Uplay so it uses the normal exe and it's been working fine, no crashes.

What are your specs?

Yeah, i got it after Cyberpunk's delay and I've been enjoying it too. I like that the npc's relations are more complex than it may seem and i don't know how it keeps track of everything. I found an athlete with great skills to use as a combat operative but noticed he hated Dedsec and it was because i drove over one of his friends.

It's like Pokemon but with ugly English people.

Yeah I'm truly impressed with how it tracks relationships and all the dialogue they must have needed. I was expecting something shallow or just like SoD with a new coat of paint, but no they actually have backgrounds and flavor text to really make them individuals.

Also agreed on the ugly models. The picking the first recruit was kind of hard because just how ugly some of them were.

Funny enough I spent more of my first 4 hours doing recruit stuff before even doing the first Camden missions.

Also autodrive is great. Fast travel is also liked Ghost of T in that once you go near it, boom open fast travel no towers or bullshit.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Estel posted:

What are your specs?
i7 8700K & 1070

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I really liked the rough voiced babysitter I picked up as my first person whose bonus was that she had an MP5. So much so that I was legitimately worried when I almost got her killed during a mission as I'm playing with Permadeath on.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I think this game would benefit heavily from making character switching near-instantaneous. Don't give a loading screen and then a scene with the two teammates exchanging quips, just switch them and let me get on with it. I feel like I'd be playing a lot more variety of teammates if I didn't feel locked into the ones that'll let me summon a cargo drone at will because there's so much poo poo hidden on rooftops.

Give me Genshin Impact style switching, I don't care if it's not realistic.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wouldnt be shocked if the two people chatting will be skippable via patch eventually or if its covering the loading screen and will be an option for the next gen versions.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I don't know, I feel like I'm having a hard time feeling this game. I'm really happy I got uplay+ instead of dropping the $60 on this because I seem to play ubisoft games for their stupid stories and this game is so weird. The entire first area seems rushed, like they were going through the motions of all the ubisoft bog-standard things they have to do, but then it just feels really unearned and uninteresting. I guess if you are the kind of player that wants to goof off and cause mayhem and run around, then the game is probably super fun but narratively that doesn't match up with the story of these games at all. If they're going to go for wacky hacker hijinks, they need to just go all in on it and make that the game. Trying to walk the line between crazy hijinks and evil corporation is trying to murder everyone for control just isn't working for me.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have to say I really love how oppressive the world feels in both the lore text (and podcasts) and the world itself such as required auto driving cars and the signs and speakers.

Also I'll give credit to a game that specifically reference real world historical events like the Holocaust and discrimination against Muslims and even Poles/Eastern Europeans living in England instead of some made up allegory nation. It's the complete opposite of Far Cry 5.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Is there a way to listen to podcasts while walking around or driving? AFAICT you can only hear them while looking at the rather dull menu.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Fakename posted:

Is there a way to listen to podcasts while walking around or driving? AFAICT you can only hear them while looking at the rather dull menu.

I've seen one appear as a radio option, but you can't skip tracks.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
some baffling QOL issues like not being able to listen to the genuinely fantastic radio music on foot, and the horrifically ugly cinematography and sharp cuts

worked beautiful day 1, then kept crashing yesterday

the plot is really dumb and the writing is really bad. but, it's fun and engaging in a way I didn't really expect? Like I'm actually coming back to it on day 3, which is telling

real glad i only spent $20 for this and asscreed for the month, since after it I'll probably never play it again

fun for classic GTA chaos tho

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah I'm not seeing any performance improvements at all from todays hot fix. Just walking around is looking about the same numbers wise and driving fps also remains the same.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Yeah, patch did gently caress all. I'm uninstalling, not worth my time. I'd be more upset if I paid money for the game directly.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weird, I feel like Im getting much better performance with the patch and Ive had no crashes after a few hours of straight play now, bummer for those still having trouble.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'd maybe get a handful of frames uplift, but driving in the open world drags it back down to ~45fps.

Tried a mix of settings in the game on a 3900X and RTX 3080. Just not gonna bother, spent more time in the menus than the game at this point.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I had no crashes to speak of before patch, it was just the framerate never seemed to be where it should be. Running at 1080p on Ryzen 7 3700X, 32gb RAM and an RTX 2070. No matter what I play with in settings I can never seem to get out of the 45-55fps range no matter what I'm doing. None of the DLSS settings even effect fps somehow which is bizarre if you've had experience with DLSS 2.0 in other games.

Honestly I can deal with the frame rate where its at but I just can't help the voice in the back of my head that feels like it should be running better.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I'm just seriously enjoying being able to make a team of ladies over 35. My first recruit was a brawling alcoholic in her 40s with a bad IUD.
This game manages to make me insanely happy with that sort of thing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sounds like the PC version is a bit of a mess right now; anyone playing on PS4? How's it perform on that? I'm somewhat tempted to rent it for my pspoor while I wait for better games to come out, GTA clones are kind of my guilty pleasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Sounds like the PC version is a bit of a mess right now; anyone playing on PS4? How's it perform on that? I'm somewhat tempted to rent it for my pspoor while I wait for better games to come out, GTA clones are kind of my guilty pleasure.

Runs fine on my pro. I was surprised to read about these PC issues.