Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

In 2016, Doom was a franchise of the past. Its classics were decades old by then, and its most recent entry, 2004's Doom 3, was a horror-centric take that fans just weren't looking for. The long, troubled development of its follow-up led to many a held breath when the soft reboot Doom finally dropped. To everyone's pleasant surprise, it was one of the best FPS's of the decade.

Doom (2016) is what I call a "feel reboot": while it plays more like a modern FPS than the old Doom's, it recaptures the high-speed, chaotic feel of the classics (similar to how Breath of the Wild recaptured the original NES Legend of Zelda's feel of being dropped into an open fantasy world, picking a direction, and seeing what you'll find. These are the only two examples I can think of). It's also brutal and gory, giving you plenty of opportunities to eviscerate demons and even rip them apart by hand with the new Glory Kills. Like the man says: "Rip and tear until it is done."

The Story is Such
Doomguy awakes on Mars, having been locked away in a tomb in Hell for years, after being dug up by the Union Aerospace Corporation during their attempts to harness Hell energy. True to corporate greed, this was a colossally stupid decision, and now demons are running rampant across Mars and the UAC base. Doomguy dons his armor once again to put these demons back where they belong.

The LP:
JigglyJacob takes the reins for an All Secrets run, but not necessarily a completionist run. He's going to find as much in the game as he can, but primarily this is a fun blast through the game on Ultraviolence and no particular care for the story, much like Doomguy himself. I (ThornBrain) and TorpidTypist join him once again on co-commentary.

Codex Entries:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11 | Part 12 | Part 13

---------------------------------

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yessssss
it is time

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The only Doom game I’ve played. Looking forward to hearing how it compares with the previous entries.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Finally, one I can watch and have experience with. Old school DOOM games were the only ones to ever give me motion sickness, and it got even worse with Ultimate DOOM. Strangely enough, I could handle Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein, but I was a kid and probably went through the game at a snail's pace

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Game of this century right here.

Titanfall 2 also had a single-player campaign kicked so much rear end it made the multiplayer an afterthought.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Will you be posting the codex entries in the thread?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I second the request for loredump posts.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Thirding the lore, this game has some pretty funny writing in addition to everything else awesome about it.

Doom 2016 single-handedly renewed my faith in FPS design, hopefully other devs were taking notes.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 24, 2020

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

A few days ago I had a mini-rant on how 40K chainswords are bad chainsaws, and then DOOM 2016 comes along and shows that you can draw a chainsaw that looks brutal and accurate at the same time. Guess at some point I should get around to Doom Eternal?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

anilEhilated posted:

Thirding the lore, this game has some pretty funny writing in addition to everything else awesome about it.

Doom 2016 single-handedly renewed my faith in FPS design, hopefully other devs were taking notes.

Indies and games like titanfall were keeping the fast paced FPS torch burning, even if at a low flame.
Doom 2016 hasnt made as big of a splash in the AAA scene as I'd have liked it to, considering how titanfall 3 got killed for apex legends, and the scene is mostly slow as molasses royales now.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

That intro that ends with Doomguy smashing the comm screen is such a brilliant move on the part of the devs. It's them setting an expectation for tone, and stands in stark contrast with he beginning of DOOM 3, and it is beautiful!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

azren posted:

That intro that ends with Doomguy smashing the comm screen is such a brilliant move on the part of the devs. It's them setting an expectation for tone, and stands in stark contrast with he beginning of DOOM 3, and it is beautiful!

The earlier scene where he throws the tablet across the room is also nice. I can just imagine him seeing the UAC logo on the screen and going "Oh, for gently caress's sake!"
I mean, it says a lot that UAC facilities apparently have "Demonic Invasion" as a specific emergency category.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

azren posted:

It was actually one of the last things they did for the game, if I remember the documentary right. The opening was one of the hardest things to get right, but they eventually landed on, well, the opening we got.

Also, if we're talking chainsaws, I have to bring up that one of the current best selling titles in Shonen Jump is called "Chainsaw Man" about a dirt poor professional devil hunter who gruesomely murders demons, zombies, and major religious figures with chainsaws.

Like Doom, it's a story about an ultra-violent lunatic who barely pays any attention to people making complicated plots all around him.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 24, 2020

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Another game that was wildly successful off a mode the developers didn't put their focus on is goldeneye in kind of a reverse DOOM 2016. I'm pretty sure I remember they just tossed the multiplayer together real quick and put all their effort into singleplayer.

I wonder how many people took the burst fire option first for the shotgun upgrade. It's just so much less satisfying. For all that this game does right, there are definitely have and have not guns/alt fire modes.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
The demon fan-fiction lore definitely needs to be posted.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

I wonder how many people took the burst fire option first for the shotgun upgrade. It's just so much less satisfying. For all that this game does right, there are definitely have and have not guns/alt fire modes.

*Raises hand sheepishly*

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

FoolyCharged posted:

Another game that was wildly successful off a mode the developers didn't put their focus on is goldeneye in kind of a reverse DOOM 2016. I'm pretty sure I remember they just tossed the multiplayer together real quick and put all their effort into singleplayer.
Yeah, the multiplayer in Goldeneye was coded by one guy without permission from his bosses and it got thrown in.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

JigglyJacob posted:

Some folks were asking for it so I'm going to be posting the Codex entries I collect in each part here. Underlined titles indicate Codex entries that are collected throughout the level rather than automatically gotten.

[Part 1 - Holy Heck]

The Praetor Suit
UAC REPORT FILE HGFLTGTV

Additional relics were found in the tomb alongside the Doom Marine. Some incantation tablets, and an ancient combat suit which was given a name: the 'Praetor Suit'. When found, it was encased in an inscribed stone tomb. The suit was extracted from the rock, cleaned, and subjected to numerous tolerance tests, and found to be almost impervious to any damage. It appeared to have some mechanical function as well - small receptors on the gloves and chest plate that attracted Argent plasma and dissipated it through capillary tubes in the substructure. Markings on the armor were also consistent with images of a man (or humanoid) seen in several tablets and stones found on other expeditions. The same markings were also noted on the Helix Stone.

Despite it being clear that the suit can be activated in some way, no method has been found to do it. It appears to be missing a component, likely the Doom Marine himself.

The Possessed
UAC REPORT FILE GASWST6U

The Possessed are created in a Lazarus Wave event, a phenomenon was first discovered by Dr. Olivia Pierce during her Lazarus Project. While most victims exposed to Argent biowaves will expire without further effect, some subjects will absorb traces of Argent Energy and enter a state of posthumous vigor. Despite necrosis of the internal organs (with the exception of the brain), the victim continues to animate and exhibit a low order of sentience for weeks or even months after clinical death. Posthumous brain activity in the Possessed is limited to instinctive behavior. The Possessed are known to be territorial when confronted by the living. When isolated, they will often enter a dormant state for extended periods of time. They will stand, unmoving, for days or weeks at a time until presented with a live food source, or threatened by a predator.

An interesting behavior has been seen when the Possessed are held in small groups. They will drag human corpses to a central location within their holding pens, and then perform a silent ritual around the pile of bodies. The resulting ceremonial site appears to be the initial stages of a Gore Nest. These actions must be driven by a telepathic communication with higher ranking demons, as there is no local brain activity that could manage such choices. The Possessed will perform these tasks even when limbs are removed or Pavlovian pain responders are implanted in their cortex, further cementing the theory that they are unwilling slaves performing an integral part of the life cycle of the demons. The Possessed create the birthing ground for new demons, and upon expiration are themselves used as fertilizer for the Gore Nest.

Combat Shotgun
The UAC shotgun disperses a spread of high velocity buckshot for maximum impact against the enemy. Ideally suited for the operative who requires a speedy response for deadly close encounters, the wide coverage of this weapon loses impact at long range. The weapon is forged from a high quality Titanium Steel alloy to ensure maximum reliability, repeat rate, and yield strength.

Imp I
UAC REPORT FILE 3888OAOYT

These ferocious and agile demons are found all over Hell, and are often used on the front line in a concerted attack in either dimension. They revel in battle, feeding off their victims, when the hunger takes them.

Gore Nest
Decoded Entry 001

Studies of demons upon entering this dimension have shown that their conduct is not purely vindictive - there is a method behind their actions. When a demon captures their prey, the fresh kill is taken to a temporary ceremonial site where arcane rituals are performed on the pile of blood and gore.

When enough corpses have been gathered, the ceremonial site becomes a "Gore Nest." These sites, imbued with Hell energy from the rituals, act as umbilical cords to Hell. Extreme caution must be taken when approaching a Gore Nest. Attacking the nest, or indeed any demons within close proximity to the nest, will act as an alarm and siphon more

The UAC
A Brief History

Despite the discovery of liquid water on Mars in the early 21st century, the colonization of Mars had little appeal beyond exploration for the next century. With the discovery of the Argent Fracture (a transdimensional stream of unrefined Argent plasma) in 2095, settling and mining Mars became both practical and essential to meet the vast energy demands of Earth. However, the need for atmospheric conversion and terraforming of the Red Planet was a task that seemed insurmountable to all but one corporation - the UAC. Through their diligent dedication to technological advancement and forward-thinking, an outpost was established in MTC 2096 to extract Argent plasma from the Fracture. When this plasma is subjected to the UAC's Fermionic Transference Pattern, Argent Energy is produced. This remarkable venture eventually bore fruit, as Argent Energy became the primary power source for all of Earth. New visitors to the UAC facility may take for granted the rich atmosphere while on the surface, but it should be remembered that just a few short decades ago Mars was an inhospitable desert that could support no life.

Unauthorized exploration into the exclusion zones outside the base is not allowed under any circumstances. Highly volatile experiments and artifacts are frequently researched a safe distance away from the base, and your safety in these areas cannot be guaranteed.

Possessed Soldier
UAC REPORT FILE 60014Q1Y

While Lazarus Wave exposure does effectively wipe out any vestige of human behavior from most of its victims, some subjects continue to display tactical cognizance posthumously. As with Possessed Engineers, this does not appear to be random. If an individual has training in combat (as part of the UAC Military) the Lazarus Wave event will transform them into more than mere slaves. This anomaly further supports the theory that there is some form of genetic coding embedded within the Lazarus Wave particles which governs the outcome of Lazarus Wave exposure on a per-case basis.

Frag Grenade
The design of this weapon is conventional in nature, though it has been refined to perform at the limit of its ballistic capabilities. The UAC Fragmentation Grenade uses a Comp-D explosive package encased in a steel alloy shell, and has an effective fatality radius of about 5 meters. Improvements on the antiquated M67 grenade include a more reliable chemical fuse mechanism, interior machining of the casing to provide more efficient projectile dispersion and a trigger switch safety clip to prevent unwanted activation. The newer Comp-D explosive also ensures the radial pressure wave has no "drop spots" - ensuring full damage potential within the fatality zone.

Elite Guards
Decoded Entry 001

The Elite Guard is a company of security personnel charged with protecting the Lazarus Project research and maintaining order throughout the Argent Facility. Their distinct red uniforms help distill a calming influence among UAC employees and they are known to be level headed, disciplined, and fair but firm. Their suits contain cybernetic augmentations which give the Elite Guards an advantage should they need to quell any disturbances. The augmentations allows them to be faster, stronger, or more resilient to injury.

Field Drone
Decoded Entry 001

Often referred to as "Droppers" these drones were developed by the UAC to autonomously receive and deliver ordered parts to engineers, off/duty employees, and soldiers.

Combat Shotgun
Explosive Shot

This shotgun ammunition incorporates a glycerin fuse that detonates an Octanitrocubane gel upon impact. Embedded shot is dispersed at the point of impact, creating a wide area of effect. Highly effective against multiple targets or when detonated to the rear of enemies in defilade.

The UAC
Welcome to Mars

New advocates! Welcome to the UAC. This guidebook will serve as your personal guide to fitting in at the Argent Facility on Mars. Your devotion to the UAC's mission is the foundation on which we achieve the establishment of a new paradigm to move humanity forward into the future.

Tier 1 advocates may take some time to adjust to life on Mars, but with faith and dedication, you can look forward to a long and fruitful career as you work towards full induction. Your transition to Tier 2 status will be judged upon your actions here. Make good impression, new advocate!

This guide will update automatically as you access new areas of the facility. Expect more helpful hints into the UAC way of life, and as we say here on Mars "Power; from the People!"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Huh, I didnt realize the Doom Marine was your literal, formal title in setting.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

It's what UAC named their guy in a box artifact in their reports. Doomguy himself doesn't care about it, since it is not a demon to be punched.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, it just created this really funny image in my head of one of the guys at UAC being a complete dork about it. "You know, this guy reminds me of that computer game as a kid..."

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
One thing this has over Eternal is that Eternal has none of the sense of fun or humor in its lore entries.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Huh, I didnt realize the Doom Marine was your literal, formal title in setting.

I'm actually a bit confused on this, because I've seen the name "Doom Slayer" in various other places. He's still Doomguy to me, though.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Foxfire_ posted:

Doomguy himself doesn't care about it, since it is not a demon to be punched.

"You can call me whatever you want, just don't call me late to slaughter!"

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

It's the Tickle-Me Death Truck!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

JigglyJacob posted:

[Part 2 - My Only Friend]

VEGA I
UAC REPORT FILE OYLW96M

Running the Argent Facility takes a lot of power. Not just electrical and mechanical power, but computational power. With so many interdependent systems feeding off a single power source, the UAC decided it would need to create a central mainframe computer to manage not only the flow of Argent Energy, but the day to day operations of a facility with over 60,000 employees. This mega-computer - the brain-child of Samuel Hayden, head of the UAC - would exceed the computational ability of any systems before it, and more importantly, would be recognized at the first truly autonomous Artificial Intelligence entity. They named it VEGA.

Resource Operations
The Resource Operations center (referred to as "Res Ops") was one of the first facilities constructed at the Mars base after the discovery of the Argent Fracture. It encompasses several key areas needed to run the facility, including plasma extraction and processing, isotope stabilization, heavy metal and ore mining, artifact analysis, communications networking and off-world transportation. New UAC employees posted to the Mars facility are expected to fulfill a tour of duty in Res Ops before moving on to their specialized career bracket. Security clearance level 1 allows access to all areas of Res Ops, excluding the VEGA networking hubs and some Satellite Control centers. For access to these locations, new advocates must submit a Delta-Q Delta form to the Departmental Enforcer.

Possessed Engineer
UAC REPORT FILE TTIXXLSM

During the Lazarus Wave event, victims undergo dramatic changes to their physiology both internally and externally. Aside from fundamentally changing the composition of their internal organs, the high intensity plasma wave is strong enough to fuse metal to skin. In many cases, personal items such as watches and jewelry can burn through the skin and become permanently embedded in the victim.

Perhaps the most unfortunate victims of this fusing event are any subjects that happen to be working with acetylene tanks or welding equipment. As this equipment is often attached to the body to allow for mobile work in low gravity environments, the Lazarus Wave will create a demonized human with a highly combustible explosive device embedded in its skin.

As with all Possessed creatures, they are mindless and driven through some form of telepathic communication from an unknown demon overseer. Additional care must be taken when confronting a Possessed Engineer; if the fuel tank is punctured and it doesn't explode, the weakened container can turn the Possessed Engineer into an explosive projectile. This is a danger to any being nearby, both human and demon.

Resource Operations
To New Advocates

"And in that vision they saw the future, bold and powerful, and the many worked as one to bring the new order."

What better words to inspire you as you set about yourself into the UAC? Those who came before you and those you serve with all operate with the same goal in mind: the development of a new dawn for mankind. It is by this principle of teamwork that we will elevate ourselves to the next plane of existence.

If you have any new suggestions to improve the work environment while working your tenure in Res Ops, please submit suggestion form WAD-E1M4 to your Command Controller. However, it is imperative that you learn to accept the things you can't change and follow the path that has been laid out for you. Your service in Res Ops is a test of your devotion to the cause. Should you be asked to submit yourself to an interrogation program or experimental treatment, you are expected to comply without question. If a fellow advocate asks you to engage in a dedication ceremony, say yes! If you see an advocate doubting their role at the UAC, bring it to the attention of an Enforcer so that they might receive the help they need. Don't be selfish. Tier 2 is for everyone.

Chainsaw
There have been reports of this item being seen at the Argent Facility, though are no known uses for it. Security personnel have been made aware that this item has likely been smuggled onto Mars, and have been directed to confiscate it immediately. As there are no practical use for it, it must be assumed that this item should be considered black market enthusiast's weapon.

Combat Shotgun
Charged Burst

An Argent-charged Compression Reloader allows the operator to automatically fire up to 3 rounds in rapid succession. With the enemy at close range, this action is devastating, taking down all but the most resilient of adversaries. The Compression Reloader requires several seconds to recompress after use.

Plasma Rifle
The Plasma Rifle became standard issue among military units with the advent of Argent powered electromagnetic accelerators. Based off the HIPGD design of the early 21st century, this weapon delivers a rapid salvo of plasmoids that inflict both impact and thermal damage to the target.

Heavy Assault Rifle
Although recently superseded by the Plasma Rifle as the UAC's standard issue weapon, the Heavy Assault Rifle is still in widespread use due to its dependable mechanical firing mechanism, high accuracy at long range, and an abundant supply of ammunition. The weapon is effective at all engagement distances, and is best used against a solitary target, unless a micro missile modification is present. The standard issue ammunition is a .50 caliber FMJ round.

Berserk
UAC REPORT FILE D4NUVHAO

Test subjects exposed to this sphere exhibit extreme rage and increased strength. It has been noted that subjects given the Berserk sphere will vent their rage on any living creature they can find, and will even self-harm if they have no outlet for their fury. In the extremely rare case that a subject survives exposure, they will be left in a perpetual state of delirium and should be exterminated.

Possessed Security I
UAC REPORT FILE G9X6EWK

Possessed Security units exhibit the most complex battle strategies of all possessed humans, including mobile shield advances towards the enemy and firing while in defilade. Possessed Security will also drop their shields to adopt a more accurate firing stance at the cost of lowering their defense.

Possessed Security II
UAC REPORT FILE CHV3PWYX

A Possessed Security will keep an optimal distance from its target. If the target gets too close, the Possessed Security will attack with a ferocious shield bash then retreat to a preferred engagement range. Possessed Security have only been observed using DS-117 UAC shotgun and shield outfit which suggests that their ranks are exclusively created from members of a special forces military unit called UAC NeoPhalanx. The NeoPhalanx is used exclusively as military defense for remote UAC colonies.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

quote:

please submit suggestion form WAD-E1M4 to your Command Controller

That's a slightly esoteric Doom joke: .WAD is the file format OG Doom uses to store data (literally stands for Where All Data) and E1M4 refers to the fourth map of the first episode of Doom 1 - called Command Control.

e: Anyhow, it just goes to show that hell is, in fact, corporate propaganda.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 31, 2020

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Also Delta-Q Delta is the name of a Doom 2 remix album.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Also a reference to old-school cheat codes. All of the first run Doom cheat codes started with ID for obvious reasons. IDDQD was invulnerability, hence the delta-Q-delta. IDKFA was all weapons and full ammo. There were a couple others, but those are the only ones I can recall at the moment.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

quote:

In the extremely rare case that a subject survives exposure [to Berserk], they will be left in a perpetual state of delirium and should be exterminated.

:cawg:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Oberndorf posted:

Also a reference to old-school cheat codes. All of the first run Doom cheat codes started with ID for obvious reasons. IDDQD was invulnerability, hence the delta-Q-delta. IDKFA was all weapons and full ammo. There were a couple others, but those are the only ones I can recall at the moment.

IDKFA is all keys, weapons and ammo. IDFA is the version without the keys.

Deveritas
Oct 31, 2011

Oh duh, that makes sense - it's just an acronym for ID software, Keys, Feapons, and Ammo.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The corporate announcements are one of the best-executed things in this game. At first, they're all just bland corporate-speak stuff you'd find in any workplace, with only a few bits to show how messed up they are - the only thing that stands out from the one in this video is "this year's Soul Harvest" where a generic training program would normally go. Later, they get more and more explicit - all in the same cheerful corporate tones.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Deveritas posted:

Oh duh, that makes sense - it's just an acronym for ID software, Keys, Feapons, and Ammo.

Keys, full ammo would be my guess.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Firearms, ammo?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

FoolyCharged posted:

Keys, full ammo would be my guess.

ID software. Keys, full ammo, F?, A?. We'll figure it out eventually!

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

I always thought it was ID Killer loving Arsenal.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I Don't Know, Fucking All (of it)

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Gnoman posted:

I always thought it was ID Killer loving Arsenal.

When my friends and I were playing the shareware version on college, it was ID Kicks Fucking Ass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I appreciate how anti-corporation this game is, the UAC sucks rear end and they aren't shy about it. Subtext, cowards, etc.

Of course, the logs suggest Argent energy is used all over Earf, so they may have gone from "terminal late-stage capitalism" to "eternal capitalism" :v: