Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Oberndorf posted:

Also a reference to old-school cheat codes. All of the first run Doom cheat codes started with ID for obvious reasons. IDDQD was invulnerability, hence the delta-Q-delta. IDKFA was all weapons and full ammo. There were a couple others, but those are the only ones I can recall at the moment.

IDKFA is all keys, weapons and ammo. IDFA is the version without the keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I've heard that this game is supposed to take the previous games as canon, so I assume the titan is meant to be the Icon of Sin? But then I've also heard that the Doomslayer is supposed to be part of some ancient warrior race or something? That sounds dumb. Him just being some guy who turned out to be amazingly good at killing demons is a much better story.

I took the lore dumps in this game as being the demons mythologizing this human who walked into hell and murdered his way through it and out the other side, but I haven't played Eternal (or even actually finished this game), so I don't know what it has to say about any of that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The comment about the one enemy in this episode being generic reminded me of my only major complaint about this game, and it's that all the enemies (and environments) look pretty similar. One of my favourite thing about the original Doom is how easy it is to tell, even from a brief glimpse at a great distance, exactly what type of enemy you're looking at - with the exception of the Troopers and Sergeants, which are still easier to tell apart than some of the enemies in this game. And there's blue and red and green and yellow all over the place. I'll take colourful over "realistic" any day.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

So lorewise Argent is not originally hell but fallen into it. So really what Hayden is doing with all of this extraction is stealing from the demons energy that THEY stole and corrupted in the first place from these Argent Wraiths.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The short of it is: Hell was created. It isnt natural.
The story of Doom was so much cooler when it was just "Hell is real and scientists accidentally opened a doorway to it. Whoops, demons everywhere!" All this new poo poo is tiresome.