Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Edit: wait, I'm a moron that didn't read the OP completely

To go into a little more detail on your original question, Yapese food is a lot of root crops, starchy fruits, seafood, crab, leafy greens - but it's been heavily influenced by US imports, specifically canned foods and fatty meats. Things like turkey tails, which there was a flap about a decade ago when Samoa tried to ban them but the WTO strong-armed them into acceptance again, have become part of the diet, though not without consequences. China and the Philippines have been influencing the local diet as well. So you'll have traditional foods alongside BBQ'd turkey tails, Calrose rice and a case of Budweiser, with everyone chewing betelnut (like a nicotine buzz, except your teeth turn red). Chicken and spare ribs also are popular items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Donated $25.00. We better see some fuckin smiles on faces or I'm going to Yap and talk to each and every person on that island to listen to their story. And then I'm going to spend my time walking trails, snorkeling, fishing, walking beaches, watching canoe festival, etc.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Up to $1730! Almost there!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanna see the gofundme's creator responding to this uptick in donations

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I wanna see the gofundme's creator responding to this uptick in donations

He will arrange “gently caress Lowtax” in Christmas lights.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

a little bubble of snot came out of my nose when I read this post

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

Stretch goal is to have that as the google maps image for Yap

Chipped in money's for lights

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I'd chip in but im going through a split/divorce right now :smith:, but this helps out a smile on my face :gbsmith:

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
C’mon goons, only $180 left to reach the goal!

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Just got a raise so why not pass on the good fortune. Threw my :10bux: in.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Threw a few bucks in; hope it's a little more light this winter out there. Wish I was on a tropical island right about now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Abugadu posted:

Which brings me to my pitch: first, please don't Doobie this up.

You can't tell me what to do, threw him $7 to cover the price of a Doobiest Maximas at his local franchise.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Guess who donated enough to hit the goal? This loving guy

Edit:

Abugadu posted:

Which brings me to my pitch: first, please don't Doobie this up. Don't spend your kids' present money on this,
Too late. My kids are too young to understand holidays and we already asked grandparents not to get any toys since we already have way too much poo poo in this house.

bar88537 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 29, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
HELL YEAH WE DID IT!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
it was at $2k so I kicked it over the top with $25
ed: It should show up in a bit.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
gently caress yeah, goons are amazing! I’ll post his response as soon as it hits.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got an email, I guess the guy wants to thank each and every person who donated and would I be willing to give him my real name (no) by connecting on facebook (also not)?

It's very nice of him and I am not offended but what is the best approach since we're still keeping this all secret, do we just not reply and leave him baffled, or...?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 29, 2020

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I would just not reply, but if anyone else wants to take him up on it I’m not going to say anything.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

hell yeah, light this place up real good yo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
:unsmith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:toot:

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Buy him an account

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RepeatingMeme posted:

Buy him an account

This. He's got to become a member of the Illuminati in order to learn the truth

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Abugadu posted:

I would just not reply, but if anyone else wants to take him up on it I’m not going to say anything.

Nah, I'm not going to reply. It feels kinda good to do something nice for someone and not take any credit for it.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I got an email, I guess the guy wants to thank each and every person who donated and would I be willing to give him my real name (no) by connecting on facebook (also not)?

It's very nice of him and I am not offended but what is the best approach since we're still keeping this all secret, do we just not reply and leave him baffled, or...?

I got this too. Who does he think I am; 'facebook' indeed. I'm a nigerian prince with a fortune to distribute, but for some insane reason no-one ever replies to my emails anyway. Yours in god almighty Dr. Clement Okon

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Unsticking, OP please let me know or post here if there are updates and I will restick!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

The lights have arrived :) Shipping costs were huge, probably no way he gets anything close to what he wanted if he didn't make his goal.

quote:

Christmas Lights are Here!!!!!
I am so happy that the Lights got here way sooner than I expected. It will help me better plan on how to decorate the Museum. I also want to Thank Everyone that has Donated to the GoFundMe Campaign. We have reached the GoFundMe amount in less than a Month. Which helped with the Shipping Cost and Plywood and Rebars that will be used for Decorating.
I want to thank all the People that have donated and helped make this happen.
[list of names, redacted]
There are also 51 People who also donated to the GoFundMe, but I have to respect their decision on being Anonymous.
Thank You All!!

Can't wait to see this up. Again, thank you to all the goons that donated.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

nice, can't wait to see where he puts the christmas pentagram :devil:

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Abugadu posted:

The lights have arrived :) Shipping costs were huge, probably no way he gets anything close to what he wanted if he didn't make his goal.

:thumbsup:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Abugadu posted:

I love that he still has no clue where the sudden influx of money came from.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
cant wait to see the end result!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Not close to being done yet, but an update on the Xmas decorations that so many of you helped put together:

The rest should be up by the 23rd, will post an update then :)

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
very cool :cheerdoge:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Awesome. Tell them Merry Christmas for us please.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Looking good! I'm excited to see how this comes together.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Way cool to see

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yes! Christmas lights!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Merry Yapmas

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

peanut posted:

Merry Yapmas
And a Happy New Yap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU