Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

I hearby suggest the name Woolooloo for our wooloo, because who am i to turn down a good meme

It's a big shame that Wooloo gets so much less cute when it evolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Falconier111 posted:

For those of you at home, our Chewtle needs a name. PS Boyo is now locked in.

Chewtle's evolved form is pretty boss though. If it fits, name him Monsnapitan

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

megane posted:

If that's the case, maybe 815? E-i-ko; eikou means "glory." :v: As a bonus pun, it also works as eigo, which means "English" (the language).

815 sounds good.

I went with 42 myself, because as you should know, it IS the Answer.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ah, you made Marnie even better. I know some people like the 'douchebag rival' trope, but I like the 'friendly rival' better, usually, and the game does a pretty good job with Marnie.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Awww yeah the gym music is super hype and I love it.

I also vote for Dietrich for Toxel, whether you use him or not.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

One thing is that I don't remember the game ever actually telling you about Gigantimax until like, a sign post on one of the late-game routes. It'll just confuse new players when their Cenitskorch doesn't do it on its own.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I used a Falinks (named Leonidas) for most of my Shield run. He was an MVP.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

Spikemuth is cool, but yeah, it is also extremely tiny and there's nothing here, :rip:.

Which is a shame, because Sun and Moon right before this had Po Town, which did the whole "antagonist team base + town + 'run down shithole'" thing in a way that was genuinely jarring and memorable, even if it was just a bunch of Team Skull fights.

You'd think that there would at least be a clothing store, but nope! All of the punk-style outfits (as well as marnie's outfit, if you have the DLC) are bought in Wyndon's shop, for ridiculous prices. Why isn't that here? The town should have some reason to come back later.

As a sidenote, I don't remember the actual reason for the gate being down, but I'm gonna go ahead and headcanon it as Pier's unofficial Gym Challenge. "If you can't be bothered to try and get past a door, you fail. :colbert:"

Also, since we're here now and this is a marnie-centric update, I feel like this video is relevant??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmPyVBF5FvM
(I love Marnie's theme, it's great)

I think the gate gets explained in a minute.

And i saw that same awesome video and thought of this thread. You beat me to it! :argh:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Characterizing the grunts instead of showing off the (mostly) boring battles is a great touch. Team Yell is definitely the most chill 'evil' team out there, and you can't help but love the goofballs.

It really does kind of mirror that the whole game's plot feels more low stakes. Yeah, there's some stuff going on with the weird Dynamaxing at this point, but the adults are taking care of it like they should. (Though it would have been pretty fun if instead of Leon doing it himself, you get to do a Dynamax battle with him, Hop and Marnie or a local Gym Leader alongside you. How cool would that have been?)

You're a trainer trying to do the challenge, you're not running around fighting organized crime syndicates or terminally dumb terrorist organizations. You're dealing with overzealous fans of another trainer, and said trainer doesn't even hate you.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Route 10 is definitely a little tame as far as Final Dungeons go. They've really cut back on the whole 'Victory Road' idea since...I want to say Gen 5 was the last set of games to really have one.

I do miss some of the difficulty and puzzle elements that were found in those final stretches.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Black Robe posted:

I'm replaying at the moment and I noticed on Route 3 Sonia points out a processing plant off in the distance near the mines. I assume originally we were meant to go there at some point and find all sorts of things hinting that Rose had his own agenda, because she really makes a point of drawing your attention to it but you never actually go anywhere near it.

The same thing happened with all those power plants or what have you in XY.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

limeicebreakers posted:

The last line got a huge chuckle out of me, ngl. :allears:

Certainly beats the actual plot. This is definitely the most WTF part of the whole game and very clearly rushed. Your writing has made it a lot better.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Falconier111 posted:

Oh, actually, two quick things:
1) what should I name it?
2) I just opened this page again and it took several seconds for all the images to load in. So many images... I upload them in batches of no more than 9 labeled “shield [update number] [alphabetical name of batch] [picture number]. I think the farthest I’ve ever gotten before this was J4. That last image? Motherfucking O9. Over 120...

I named mine Yamato, simply because the Dynamax Cannon reminded me of the Wave Motion Gun.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Falconier111 posted:

I mean, I’m not opposed on principle to people spending money on me in exchange for something (I’d definitely take the time to show it off), but I think it’s like a subscription service. What are you going to do, buy me a free trial.

It's a yearly subscription at the least. But there is that logistical hurdle.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Honedge is great, it's a pokemon whose middle stage can really use an Eviolite and remain strong, since the gimmick of Aegislash can be rough to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Huh, I never realized there was a free Porygon there, it's one of my favorite pokemon too, I had one blast through my copy of Soul Silver.