Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

It's because night is when your eyes and brain plays tricks on you. Kind of like being in a sensory deprivation chamber. You see branches rustling in the trees or maybe an elusive nocturnal animal and then "ZOINKS!" - especially if you've been gorging your brain on ghost stories all day. There is a reason why a lot of people are scared of the dark.

Maybe that's what these shows are trying to do. Or maybe they are trying to cover up the fact that they found nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Vakal posted:

I think that's why I enjoyed Ghost Hunters the most. It was the most legitimate since they would spend all night at a location and never find poo poo besides maybe a bug light orb and maybe an unexplained knocking noise.

This was back in the original Jason and Grant days so I don't know what the more recent episodes were like.

The only show of this type that I have watched is Destination Truth. I think you would like it too, Josh Gates seems like such a friendly wholesome guy. In fact - it's really more of a travel show than a paranormal investigation thing. They never really outright say it but they know they are never going to find hard evidence.

Meeting the Lobizon for the first time. (Argentinian werewolf).

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Zeluth posted:

There was emotion here. My squeaky fart was caught on digital recorder and thermal imaging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGdx3I3dPE

No joke, when I was a young kid I got the strange idea in my head that farts were the ghosts of poops.