Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I have no idea what to think about Kentucky. The offense is completely jekyll and hyde. Two second half turnovers against Auburn to set up short fields turned a close game into a blowout. Stayed with a high powered Ole Miss offense but a missed FG and missed OT extra point were the difference in the game. Struggled against Miss St but were saved by excellent defense. Rebounded against Tennessee but final score was aided by 2 pick sixes. Was non-existent against Mizzou. The defense gets a huge stop after a 9 minute drive to prevent any points, and gets rewarded by the offense going 3 and out. It's amazing they only gave up 20 points while spending 43 minutes on the field.

A lot of the focus is on the struggles at QB, but what's most frustrating to me is not giving the ball to you best offensive weapon because you're loyal to the senior instead. AJ Rose can break a run every now and then, but he has fumbling issues and is not the tough yard guy. Chris Rodriguez is called mini Benny for a reason. He's averaging around 5 yard a carry, gets yards after contact, gets out of tackles the way Benny Snell did. Obviously that kind of guy works in this offense, Bowden did the same kind of thing last year. But they are continuing to split carries and it doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Somehow I missed that Auburn was given yet another gift by replay officials this week. Holy hell, what do they have on the league offices? The Arkansas one you can at least (barely) justify as an inadvertent whistle, but I don't know how you explain the Kentucky or Ole Miss plays.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I did my part, but it's a futile effort. As long as Mitch claims to care about your guns and babies (he doesn't), he'll keep winning this state.

In football news, Terry Wilson has a hand injury, so Joey Gatewood and true freshman Beau Allen have been taking the snaps in practice. The start is Gatewood's if Wilson can't play, so the offense won't change much. There are also changes on the receiver depth chart, with a couple true freshman making the cut. Got to try something, because as bad as QB has been it doesn't help when receivers either can't get open or can't catch the ball.

It also won't matter this week because Georgia is going to win in a blowout no matter what.