Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The Vols had no chance yesterday (no QB really and not enough D talent). The Hokies i guess are what they are under fuente. Dude is not gonna turn this thing around, the inconsistency is all on him and his staff. the offense was keeping us going, but our pass game is way way way too simple. Probably why they didn't use it last week when they didn't have to. Best players probably gone after this season (Herbert, blackshear, Farley) and after 5 years of taking tons of WRs still none that can do a drat thing on game day. Pathetic.

pruitt can recruit, maybe they get it figured it out down on rocky top. in blacksburg, nah it's just not even worth being excited about the program anymore. Everytime you give them some benefit of the doubt, they poo poo the bed against a team that shouldn't be close, and you know there is nothing coming down the pipeline that'll make it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s a weird season so i don’t think fuente will be fired this year but next year his seat’s gonna be on loving fire

i wonder if fickell would ever leave the midwest, i feel like that would be a slam dunk

I have often wish they'd pursued Fickell instead of Fuente.

He isn't going anywhere until at least after next season just based on the buyout. VT just does not have the kind of boosters that would shell out money to get him gone without it destroying the budget. I think we will still win another 3-4 games but which games those are are anybodies guess. Is it possible they just start stringing together wins? Sure, but it's also equally likely they'll be streaky like they have been for the better part of 3 years. Losing in weird dumb ways and looking good on occasion against equal or lesser talent.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

They're so loving bad

They have decent onion rings, but yeah that's about it. There is a reason that chain hasn't made it beyond the borders of the corn lands.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

I’m blaming the southern conferences for not cancelling when the Big Ten and PAC-12 did and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

There is no way Illinois can play football tomorrow right? How loving irresponsible would that be.

This is fair and true, the SEC and ACC basically gave everything the middle finger for MONEY and VISIBILITY and here we are.