Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

whos that broooown posted:

I lost a lot of respect for ryan day when he apologized for scoring a garbage time td.

i saw that on the ticker and its legit the lamest poo poo i've seen in college ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Nebraska is about what we expected, I guess. Pelini is the best Nebraska coach since Solich. Hard to believe.

It took a long time but watching Nebraska loving twist in the wind for almost two decades while expecting a return to glory has almost made me forget the 96 Fiesta Bowl.

poo poo the Chris Brown/Bobby Purify game almost did it on its own. That game was orgasmic.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mike_V posted:

I'm ready to whoop some Gata rear end and win the East like James Franklin is at QB and Gary Pinkel is wearing his visor on the sidelines!!

It may happen. We can’t stop poo poo. Our offense is good but it basically has to score every drive against any team with offensive pulse.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Yes, it's admittedly a shitshow but on the other hand I know of multiple people in my extended circle who've killed themselves due to lockdowns exacerbating their problems. Covid-19 sucks any way you address it.

If only we lived in the richest nation in human history and could provide for the basic needs of all without breaking a sweat.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UF was number one in the college baseball polls when the season was canceled and thus they won a second title in my heart forever GOGATA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

It's great that Florida got another 6 or whatever positive COVID tests which is an improvement from the 19 last week. Going great.

Well I work Saturday so we may as well skip that game too.

With covid numbers hitting records and not even a whisper of relief or mitigation from leadership, we may find this season in dire straights in three weeks or so.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Worse than relief, Senate Majority put the senate into recess until after the election, so yea there is that.

Mitch has proven time and time again that his priority is to consolidate power and make money. Literally nothing else. So, no surprise here.

I hope he dies in considerable pain.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I worked with a born-and-raised-in-Lincoln Nebraska fan and as much as I love college football it was almost impossible to even discuss it because all other teams were 'thugs' and Nebraska and 'Dr Tom's Way' prevented them from selling out and being 'classless,' all without a hint of irony with all the bullshit CDV nonsense around mid-90s Nebraska stars like Lawrence Phillips. He wouldn't even address it when I'd bring it up.

Look, Nebraska fans are the nicest and classiest fans on the planet. Just ask one. They sell out every game and are a year away from turning it all around! Traditional powerhouses can't be held down forever!

This of course doesn't apply to the Nebraska fans here who are all awesome but man, the fart-huffing is pretty thick with the ones I've met in daily life.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Silver lining is I hope more of them are realizing that the landscape of college football has changed in the last two and a half decades and they will never be in a position to reach their previous heights ever again.

Lol, who am I kidding. At least it's not as bad as Minnesota fans touting their championships from the 40's as a sign that they are a national power just waiting to be unleashed.

If only they'd kept Glen Mason :argh:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Cthulu Carl posted:

If Nebraska wants to play football, I say let them. Force them.

Unceasingly.

No offseason, no bye weeks. Everyday, Nebraska football. 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All home games. Each requiring their own ticket. Clock hits 00:00, it instantly resets for kickoff of the next game. No forfeiting. Halftime? Halftime show is football.

A runza opens and speaks. "KILL ME." It's the voice of all Nebraska. It's the new fight song. Football does not hear.

This made me giggle like an idiot.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wa27 posted:

Look guys we're just trying to return to our former glory days of going 9-4.

You fired the Patron Saint of 9-4.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Mullen is the patron saint of 9-4 and 10-3. Which is fine, really, after the badlands we recently wandered for a decade.

He's been 10-3 and 11-2 in two years in Gainesville so I don't think he can dethrone the loving Master of the 4 Loss Universe

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Declan MacManus posted:

bo had a .713 record overall (good for him, picking up some bowl wins) and was 9-3 his last season; he’s not bob devaney or tom osborne or anything but he’s the fourth best coach by winning percentage they’ve ever hired and miles better than the guy before him or the two guys after him

the stupidest thing of all, though, is that they could’ve easily fired pelini when those tapes leaked, or for his numerous on-field incidents, or his disastrous press conferences, or for being a general rear end in a top hat nobody liked, but instead they decided to twist the knife and said he couldn’t get it done in big games

incidentally they fired the last decent coach they had before pelini at 9-3 (frank solich)

The game seems to have passed Pelini by defensively, but he did a pretty good job at Nebraska even if he had a relatively low ceiling—even if he is a big dumb rear end in a top hat.

Firing Solich to chase Bill loving Callahan of all people was the cardinal sin, however.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

To be fair they went after like 8 guys before they got down to Callahan

Who did they go after?

I guess I memory-holed that. I thought Pederson and Callahan had some prior relationship or he was obsessed w NFL PEDIGREE or some poo poo. It was awhile ago after all.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

My only memory of it was they they really really wanted to break with the option and get a Modern Passing Offense (which is why Pelini didn't get a shot at it) and Callahan was ostensibly a west coast offense guy back when that was still considered a selling point.

Yeah that was my memory too and like why they targeted him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

jamal lord was so bad he convinced them the offense they'd watched dominate for like 40 years was actually bad

I’m pretty sure he was on my Athlon magazine cover in 99 or something. What a bust.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

it would have been after that, he was the guy after crouch. He wasn't actually that bad but the team stunk his junior year and then he regressed individually the next season. Also he was a hopeless passer even by Nebraska QB standards. All the Nebraska fans I knew hated him

Oh gently caress yeah you’re right. So when I was in college. Crouch got his career appreciation heisman in 2001 so it must been that offseason as the heir apparent to the job. I definitely had the magazine. Bizarre we used to get football previews in print. Makes me feel old.

Raku posted:

starting to feel like the guy that advocated for a full stadium of 100,000 people might be a rube totally unsuited for any responsibilities handling a pandemic

Yeah that was pretty stupid. But also this whole loving season even happening is dumb as gently caress so :shrug:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mike_V posted:

Gonna bet Florida sends out some positive players (knowingly or otherwise) and Mizzou's gonna have an outbreak next week

Mullen is dumb, not a total murderous rear end in a top hat.

I don’t think this will be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

soggybagel posted:

Theres a good chance that the Gophers go from an 11 win season last year to zero wins this year.

Roll the Boat