Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh

i was just surfing around the adagio tea site, havent really been "into" tea in a couple years but im gonna place an order today maybe, so good timing on this thread popping up.

im a sucker for blends and especially the fandom blends on that site. And since i don't know poo poo about tea, if a character i like has a tea i've never heard of as part of its blend, then i get to try a new thing. i learned that i really like lapsang souchong and rooibos and pu erh.

lapsang tastes like being on a camping trip and its probably my fav

thanks so much cda <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh

Prof. Crocodile posted:

tfw your booze is too fancy for trashed crew, but your tea isn't fancy enough for tea crew. :negative:

pretty sure id be chased out of serious tea drinker circles showing up w/ undertale character themed tins lol. don't compare yourself to others :justsip: :teapal:

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

Khanstant posted:

do they have sweet tea where yall live?

if we're talkin iced tea then golly yeah. Every place here in the south has these big multi-gallon metal dispensers they make fresh every morning. we didn't really have those in NJ. so i grew up with brisk iced tea and still like it better :shobon:
Or if there's a Wawa (beloved east coast convenience store) nearby, then i want their sweet green tea.

i got an electric tea kettle in today that i can set to a few different temps. dunno how accurate it is, probably not very. but it was like 40 bucks on amazon. looking forward to maybe not having to dump water between 2 cups to cool it down for green/white tea all the time.

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

Gluten Free Dad posted:

I'm going to start a Coffee Thread and it'll be way cooler than this thread and periodically we'll come into this thread all hopped up on caffeine and ready to jostle the heck out of you.

We're gonna dunk your posts into exactly 165 degree water for precisely 2 minutes

E: :synpa:

Jinh

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

i made lapsang and tried to do a goofy "smores over a campfire" thing by adding a little chocolate syrup and and threw in a cinnamon stick to represent graham cracker.

a cinnamon stick, it turns out, is a *lot* of cinnamon. not bad though.

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tea update: i had bought a bunch of pressed 7g cakes at some point and they were all labeled individually with stickers on the foil on the cake. About half of them had the labels fall off so I'm shootin' into the dark with figuring out what I'm actually drinking (it was a mix of oolongs and black teas) and it's kind of fun to just go with whatever I unwrap.

that would drive me up a wall, im new to the tea game so i have to triplecheck the steep time and temps on everything

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

Spearmint green tea this morning

Jinh

working on my second steep of some jasmine phoenix pearl green tea. kinda liked the gunpowder better, this is too... delicate i guess. its wild how much the tiny pearls unfurled though

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

black tea w pumpkin spice

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

I would third rooibos for a tea that works well with brandy or dairy. I have a mix with rooibos and chai with cinnamon and caramel flavoring and it's basically pie flavored tea

Jinh fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh

amechanicalapple posted:

Had some awesome golden flower oolong today. I like low oxidation oolongs. It's always kind of confounding how much rolled leaves really open up over multiple steeps.

Aww yeah when they go from tight balls no larger than a pencil eraserhead to long flowing ribbons, that's the stuff.