Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
When I was a kid, I went to England on a school exchange. My first morning there, my host mother asked if I wanted to try some real British Tea. I said "sure, what kind?" She just stared at me like she couldn't parse what I'd said. "What....kind?? There's....only one kind of tea." It was some disappointing generic green stuff, I don't remember what brand. That's my British Tea story.

Anyway, I recently tried some buckwheat and gyoji berry tea that was really good.
https://fingerlakestea.com/product/subtle-bouquet/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

I was given a sampler of like 30 different teas for Christmas. Today I tried something called Honey Orchid Aroma. It was a pleasant black tea. Yesterday I tried Edgar Allan Poe blend, which is black tea with beetroot, giving it a blood-red color and earthy flavor. I'm not fond of beets, so I did not enjoy it, but it was at least a unique form of unpleasant.

Buttchocks

Today's tea is called True Creme Golden Buds Oolong. Trip report:

- strange smell, almost like rice crispies
- not sure how much to use, just eyeballing it
- gave it a short steep, only 3 min
- if tea were a custard, this is what it would taste like
- woke up in my car with the motor running in a Hobby Lobby parking lot

Not something I would drink every day, but would recommend.

Buttchocks

Brewing up some late night Song Imperial Court oolong.
It's ok with a touch of honey. It neither inspires singing, or tastes like jury duty.

Buttchocks

Today's tea is Republic of Tea's Mandalorian brand Mysterious Black Tea: this is not the way.
With condensed milk over ice: this is the way.

Buttchocks

Today's tea is Darjeeling Monsoon. Nicely pouring down my gullet.

Buttchocks

today's tea is Kanchanjangha Noir, a black tea from Nepal, with smooth cigarettey overtones and long sexy legs large leaves.

Buttchocks

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I would also like to know more about the cigarette tea

It is from the Nepal Tea company of Jersey City, NJ and has a silhouette of an elephant on the pouch. USDA organic.

Buttchocks

Tonights tea is Taylors strawberry vanilla green. It has a very strong artificial small, but the flavor is subtle. Better than I expected.

Buttchocks

Tonight I am drinking Dragon's Treasure brand Gingerbread tea. I like gingerbread, but this tastes like black tea with molasses. If gingerbread houses have toilets, this is what the contents would taste like. Maybe it would be better if I put royal icing around the lip of my mug.

Buttchocks

Today's tea is not labeled, like at all. I'm not even sure this tea, it might just be random floor cruft. Tastes ok. I have some dried mushrooms I could toss in to make cup-a-soup.

Buttchocks

Tonight's tea is ...Darjeeling Second Flush. wtf?
Tastes kinda murky. just a little foamy.

Buttchocks

I did a tea and chocolate tasting today that was kinda fun. We ordered a tasting kit and there was a webinar explaining all the stuff. We screwed up the pairings because it wasn't clear which chocolates were which, but it's chocolate so how wrong can you be? The teas included some white berry flavored tea, a jasmine, a herbal, a puer, a black tea, and either an oolong or darjeerling, I forget.

Buttchocks

Having some Trader Joe's chai.

Buttchocks

poverty goat posted:

drinking some hot bean tea

Buttchocks

Having some Royal Yunnan tonight, followed by some Royal Funyuns.

Buttchocks

Leraika posted:

actually if someone can recommend some good places to order samplers, I would also be interested

https://www.theteasmith.com/gifts/tea-sampler-set/
https://fingerlakestea.com/product/mix-n-match-canister/

Buttchocks

I'm having some Shui Hsein oolong right now.

Buttchocks

Got myself some puer that comes in a compressed little puck. Tea is very dark like coffee. looks and tastes like dirt water, but with a pleasant caramel aftertaste.

Buttchocks

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I am visiting family and the water up here is funny tasting and it makes my tea very funny tasting

No one said you have to use water to make tea. Try hot milk, or hot apple cider, or hot maple syrup, or hot gin.

Buttchocks

I finally got a hold of some Loyd cherry, cocoa & chili tea. I was expecting it to be spicy, but it was really just nicely aromatic.

Buttchocks

I'm drinking my way through a halloween-themed variety pack of Adagio brand tea that someone gave me as a gift. It has bits of orange and white confetti in it. I can't taste the confetti, but the tea isn't bad.

Buttchocks

Escape From Noise posted:

Well, there's more to the ceremony, yeah. But that's a lot of equipment.

You need the proper matcha if your human sacrifice is to be accepted.

I'm enjoying the buckwheat tea I got for christmas.

Buttchocks

My mother went to a tea convention in Kansas City and sent me a bunch of different teas from Taiwan, Nepal, and France. There were also Mississippi teas (not a euphemism), but I did not get any of those.

Buttchocks

aldantefax posted:

I made a tea business

Tell us more!

Buttchocks

Tonight I am drinking Nepal Tea's Buddha's Potion, a white tea with spices. It's nicely aromatic, but the flavors are a bit too subtle for me. It's...fine. I neither desire this tea nor suffer because of it.

Buttchocks

Tonight my cup holds Jing Si Black Oolong from Taiwan. Smooth, pure taste. I like this better than other oolongs I've had.

Buttchocks

Tonight I am drinking a French vanilla black tea. very nice!

Buttchocks

Tonight is Nepali black tea with black pepper, ginger, black cardamom, and cinnamon leaf. Tastes like black tea. I'm kind of underwhelmed. With those ingredients, I was expecting mouthgasms. It's not bad for black tea though.

Buttchocks

Tonight's tea is Bohea. A black, smokey tea that's not bad.

Buttchocks

I've been drinking Monsoon black tea from Nepal Tea Collective. It's good but very strong. Does Nepal have monsoons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

Today is Jubilee black tea from the London Tea Merchant (of st louis, mo:ssh:). It has a lovely citrus smell, and a light flowery taste.