Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

:11tea:Hey everyone. The old tea crew thread is buried, so I'm postin' a new one!:11tea:

:11tea:Again, this is an easygoing thread. We're not going to get too hung up here on the definition of "tea". Herbal infusions and other such drinks are welcome for discussion! It doesn't have to involve any camellia sinensis at all! Just no coffee! You sick weirdos (it's okay I still luv ya)! But hey, if the countries tea has been drunk in for centuries call herbal and flower teas tea, it is fair fuckin' game! And yes, those Korean honey tea things are also fine! Just sit back, relax, brew a pot, and have a good time!

I was out of tea recently so I made the trip out to Kobe's Chinatown to get some more. Specifically I'd run out of black tea, got some Yunnan gold that I'm drinking right now! It's not a super fancy variety but one of my favorite morning teas! The woman there also sold me on some pu erh tea, and said it went well with a little bit of this flower tea as a mix! Now that it's getting colder I think that'll be a nice one to have!

:11tea: As the tag suggests, this thread is a safe space for tea discussion, chat, questions, etc. If you have any questions about things like styles of tea, where to get certain teas, etc. feel free to ask! I'm sure the friendly members of Tea Crew will be happy to help out! We just like to chill and relax with a cup of the stewed leaves and like to help anyone out who might need it!

:11tea:Tea, baby! It's good!:11tea:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

No judgements! This is a safe space to sip tea and shoot the breeze.

Escape From Noise

I had some Yame green tea with my lunch. I think with most greens you have to be careful about steeping time and water temperature. Adding too much tea leaf can also make the flavors really intense. Also I think a lot of green tea varieties taste way different from one another. Gunpowder, dragon well, Xinyang Maojian, and gyokuro all taste very different to me.

Escape From Noise

More Yunnan gold leaf this morning. Mmm bb

Escape From Noise

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

oh goodness i seemed to have missed this thread when i bumped the old tea thread this weekend but i see this one now woowee i love tea

No harm no foul!

Escape From Noise

Just had some tea at a temple in Wakayama.

Escape From Noise

Post more threads imho

Escape From Noise

Bitch, I'm sippin' tea in yo hood, what the gently caress is up?

Escape From Noise

Doctor Dogballs posted:

this is the thread for me

Welcome tea friend.

I gave my friend a gift today. The gift of tea.

Escape From Noise

Had some rooibos. It was a nice way to relax after a very intense 4 days of seeing a friend who apparently cannot set out a skeleton of a travel plan to save her life.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

Gluten Free Dad posted:

Coffee gang here to ruin your poo poo, get ready for a jostling the likes of which you've never experienced

Hey. It's okay. I know you're insecure and that's why you lash out like this, but it's okay. We aren't judging you here for drinking coffee. You can do that all you want, but there's some tea too if you're interested

Escape From Noise

Gluten Free Dad posted:

Gonna give your lapels such a ruffling bro

[In psychic kid from the matrix voice] There are no lapels.

Escape From Noise

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tea update: i had bought a bunch of pressed 7g cakes at some point and they were all labeled individually with stickers on the foil on the cake. About half of them had the labels fall off so I'm shootin' into the dark with figuring out what I'm actually drinking (it was a mix of oolongs and black teas) and it's kind of fun to just go with whatever I unwrap.

Nice!

Escape From Noise

Drink what works for you. I had coffee and I think I'm going to die

Escape From Noise

Had some boring black tea with lemon with my breakfast before getting on the bullet train.

Escape From Noise

Making the gratis green tea in my crappy little business motel room and thinking about WTF I'm going to do in the near future.

Escape From Noise

Gluten Free Dad posted:

Coffee rules

(Message brought to you by Tea Sucks Gang)

You're free to your opinion, friend. Sorry that your so agitated. Maybe you should relax a bit

Escape From Noise

City of Glompton posted:

chai at midnight followed by english breakfast this morning soon to be followed by coffee :twisted:

Had chai today with my curry. Good for my bad hangover

Escape From Noise

I had some rooibos before bed. Watching Inglorious Basterds, but it's not really my thing tbh

Escape From Noise

Luv that yunan gold!

Escape From Noise

Having a cheeky pot of pu erh tea for the first time in a while. Good for the cold weather.

Escape From Noise

Having a cuppa honeybush and cinnamon tea I picked up today

Escape From Noise

Had some more honeybush with cinnamon. Good before bed

Escape From Noise

amechanicalapple posted:

Finally got a tea pick and a tray for breaking up cakes so I got into some brown sugar small batch pu-er. Can't stop. My tea habit is turning me fully nocturnal and I am just going to embrace it. King of the raccoons I will be.

Nice! I had a little green tea with breakfast. Now that it's getting colder I will probably be drinking more pu-ehr

Escape From Noise

Had some hojicha with a little cake at the shrine I went to to see the fall foliage.

Escape From Noise

RickRogers posted:

I drank some "milky oolong" tea yesterday, it was odd, today I have stomach pains. Help?

Maybe mint or ginger tea?

Escape From Noise

RickRogers posted:

I am going to make a special kind of tee today where I grind up some roasted beans and let the hot water slowly drip through them.

Kuromame cha?

Escape From Noise

RickRogers posted:

I like the glaze, my gaze was drawn to the glaze for days.

Last night I roughly chopped some ginger up and threw on some hot water. Felt like real stone age tea.

That's like a go to for me when I have an upset stomach for sure! Have you ever had that Korean tea that's basically ginger infused honey? It also comes in other varieties like yuzu.

I'm having some green tea right now.

Also that tea cup is pretty as heck

Escape From Noise

RickRogers posted:

Sadly not, sounds like my thing though.

My father worked for a while in Korea and gave me a sack full of dissolvable Ginseng tea in little packets.
Tastes earthy and okay, bit I have a feeling there is a better version(?)

It's slightly different I think.

Here's a recipe with requisite cute story about it.
https://food52.com/blog/23673-korean-honey-ginger-tea-saenggangcha

Escape From Noise

Gluten Free Dad posted:

I have some new coffee beans and they're pretty special. More like a nice cuddle than a kick in the face (which is how I usually like my coffee) but that's okay. They taste like hazelnuts and milk chocolate and they put me in a very autumnal, cosy mood.

Reported

Escape From Noise

I have a Yamazen kettle, but the Moosoo looks like it's got good reviews

Escape From Noise

RickRogers posted:

drat they all look fanxxxy, especially the Yamazen

I think it's cheaper in Japan. I don't think it'd be worth quite that much, but it works well for me.

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

I am going to be baking and having some ginger, galangal, and tumeric.I don't really know what galangal is but the tea is nice and spicy. Soon it'll be lapsang season though :getin:

Galangal is that ginger used in Thai soups a lot.

Been drinking a lot of rooibos lately as I get over yet another bout of strep.

Escape From Noise

My tea setup is pretty basic. I used to have a gongfu set up minus the tray but lost a bunch with all my moves. Now I just have a basic tea pot I picked up at the grocery store here and my electric kettle with temp control. I drink pu erh tea on occasion just using my normal teapot and it's just fine.

Gongfu tea sets are really cool and I'd love to get another one, but it's not like a huge difference. It's more about seasoning your pot with a given tea style from what I understand but I'm no expert on it. I used mine just for oolong, but I dropped it and broke it a few years ago! Once I can travel again I really want to go back to Taiwan. If I do I absolutely plan to get a cool teapot there again.

Escape From Noise

Having some dong ding (frozen summit) oolong tea as I sit around recovering a bit.

Escape From Noise

RickRogers posted:

:eyepop:

May tea soothe all your ills SWR

I'm almost there. Feeling better than yesterday and the day before. Really mild case of strep. Plus I went to the doctor yesterday and got meds so that's helping a lot. I just keep getting strep for some reason, I think this is the third time in a year, maybe the fourth. Fortunately they've all been super mild cases since I guess strep somehow is way less severe if you get it when you're older. I remember getting it at 18 or 19 and thinking that I was dying.

Escape From Noise

Now I'm drinkin' some Eastern Beauty oolong! How u like me now?

Escape From Noise

RickRogers posted:

Earl grey is good and buttholes are very useful

:c00lbutt:

I have a little lemon tree and I will sometimes take some fresh leaves (still red-ish) and mix them in with my Darjeeling.
I'm not sure if this has a name, so I guess I'll call it earl Rogers tea now, thank you.

Lemon Stealing Whore

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

I'm the only lemon stealing whore around here, I did a lemon crime and then put the lemon in my darjeeling and then learned this was a mistake. It's not good at all.

I will sit with this lemon crime, as Dharma. I'm still gonna drink this ruined rear end tea though because I'm not about to waste it and at least I didn't put the lemon in the pot so there's better tea to wash it down.

I'm sorry about your ruined tea, but gratz on your citrus crimes. Reminds me of stealing grapefruits in Tucson with my aunt when I was like 8 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Havin' some more rooibos with honey and lemon for my throat.