Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Feel like the one thing that Titans corner couldn't do there was overrun the tackle and let him get outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, that should absolutely an unsportsmanlike call on Claypool.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

lol the texans d

Did Romeo keep his DC role when he became the interim HC or did he promote someone?

His last year in KC he was DC to start the year but then gave the job to a LB coach if I remember right. I mean, it didn't matter either way probably.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

He wasn't DC anymore even before that, he was a special assistant. Anthony Weaver was promoted to DC in the offseason

Oh, poo poo. Shows how much I've been paying attention.

I should have known that considering Cris wouldn't stfu about what the new Houston defense was trying to do while they were letting CEH run wild in the season opener.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew Ben that wasn't a smart play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Drew just set another record.

It's garbage time already?! :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Things go even slightly differently a few different times and the Titans might be up by 14 right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm half blind and that looked like a clean catch live you weirdos. I couldn't understand why no one was even slightly excited.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Snell is cool, happy to see him do good things.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

First, sign Manute Bol

He would definitely have been up for it.

Knowing his story I feel really bad about how much younger me made fun of him for doing any silly stunt anyone asked of him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, exactly as planned for Tannehill.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

h3r0n posted:

Does Stefanski keep Baker in at this point?

Made me wonder who the backup is. Case Keenum is in that category of guys who might legitimately be better than broken Baker.

Everyone wants to turn the ball over in this Steelers Titans game but they can't quite make it happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I need Conner to stop running wild so I get to see more Benny Snell damnit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

I need Conner to stop running wild

This is apparently not going to happen, I believe he's responsible for every yard on this drive so far.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's no stat for this but I swear this game has more near turnovers than any game I've watched in a long time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Note to Titans corners, wide receivers are allowed to do that thing where they spin back and seem to like to do it against you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why would you give up on the punt?

If that was an actual fake why not give up on the fake and punt it when the play hosed up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

I wonder if there's a reason for that

The Steelers can be good and the Titans can also be in a situation where they should be doing better than they are.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That Tanny/Henry graphic makes no sense to show right now anyway, but Houston clearly didn't pick either way as far as stopping someone last week?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew, saw that coming the second Brown caught it unless there was a deeeeeep safety off screen.

There wasn't.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tannehill's pocket presence is poo poo today, he's usually not this bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

tarbrush posted:

It's always been the weakest part of his game

Yeah he's never good at it, but man it's just completely hosed up awful today. He's attempting to move around without taking off but moving a foot against a free rusher isn't quite enough Ryan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did the Washington guy get ejected?

That was a talking point this season wasn't it? That they were going to kick out players who made egregious hits?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YMB posted:

He was ejected.

Thanks, good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That looked like a healthy spot for Tannehill but those are impossible to ever overturn.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I have no idea what the numbers say but I've always suspected Henry isn't as good in super short yardage as you'd expect.

Are there easy numbers on this type of thing to look up?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I assume everyone's TEN/PIT broadcast is hosed up and it isn't just me?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mystic Stylez posted:

I think that was a first down

Yeah that was a rough spot, but I guess it didn't matter anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In a slightly different world Ben has like 6 picks instead of 3 today.

I mean he hasn't even been bad, just a lot of bounces.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bob Socko posted:

That’s Big Ben’s, what, third interception this game?

That was the worst throw on an actual interception and it was still bad luck.

One hail mary at the end of the half, one batted straight up in the air at the line, then that one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Big fuckup by Tannehill

If it's that or take a sack I think the 10 second run off from grounding is a net gain.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
God love the Titans kicking game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah, I see. Tannehill hosed up by not losing enough yards on that grounding call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, the poor Bengals.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And Parkey misses the extra point from a little closer in than they would have been without that TD.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Burrow have the arm from here?

Straight arm strength was never his best thing. He's got plenty of arm but not like a really huge one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was a solid hail mary in the sense that it worked like you practice a hail mary.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gully Foyle posted:

Scored one too many touchdowns and lost.

Twice in the last two days this has happened, both guys tried to stop realizing they shouldn't score too but it was too late.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh hey, Kevin Harlan on the snow game call. I was sad when I realized no Romo, but I can definitely live with that.

Less good feelings about Feely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, they didn't even bother to explain the Darth Vader breathing while announcing Drew Lock.