Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Rik
Face: C4
Natiönality: 1d2 1 Töan
Aptitude: Polishing
Focus: Offensive

Originally from Fostis, Rik loved nothing more than to polish and clean every surface he could find to a brilliant shine. When he heard that SAGSY had the biggest siege-machines, and made the biggest messes, he put his application in.

Rik gives the top of his head a quick buff in order to bounce the sunlight into his opponent's eyes!

Polishing head to blind opponents: 1d100 52

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Colours were suggested here and on the Discord (pester DogKisser if you're not already in), and I made some swatches.

Black & yellow

Black & gold

Dark purple & gold

Dark purple & silver

Eggplant & 50% grey

Neon pink & blue

Neon green & fuchsia

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rik
Accolade 0 -> 3?

We were... losing? How? Rik consulted his sketchbook. His wall idea was a simple one: Find some metal lying about, like some gold or whatever, form it into a wall, then polish it into a brilliant shine to dazzle and blind our enemies!

But no time for that now. Rik decided to help Spoon and Brûh with their new and improved drinks plan. He went over and started polishing the glasses/bowls, making them look more appealing to his fellow teammates. As he did so his memory slipped back to ol' Fostis, and his time at the Queen's Head bar.

Flashback! posted:

BARTENDER
"Hello small böy! What can I do you for?"

RIK
"Um..., uh..., I need some money pretty quickly, and so..., uh..., do you need someone to clean glasses for you, sir?"

BARTENDER
"Hmm, maybe. Let's see what you can do with this." Hands Rik a very filthy glass.

[POLISH!]

RIK
"All done!" Hands back a pristine glass.

BARTENDER
"That's good work! I could use glasses for longer, saving me some money! You're hired, kiddo! Name's Freddo!"

RIK
"Gee, thanks, Mr. Freddo! I'm Rik!"

Polishing the glasses for the soup/shake plan, using Flashback: 1d100+5 105 Nat 100, bay-bee! :yaybutt:

EDIT: Forgot to vote, going to go with Slaan's idea.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 29, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rik
Accolade 3 -> 6

That was some real good soup! Rik followed some of the others into the tunnels, ready to stop that ball. He travelled the tunnels until he found an opponent that wasn't directly pushing the ball, tapped them on the shoulder and explained to them their breaking of the Öffside Rule.

Rik didn't really have much of a plan for the sanctum. The whole thing was designed to be as dark as possible, which meant his talent couldn't... shine as much as they normally could. What he did have, though, was a small knife stashed away, polished to a brilliant sheen, sharpened to military precision (then blunted to SASGY Tournament standards). Useful for cutting enemies... 's equipment, honest. Also stashed alondside it was a match-book, enough for a small light to form. The other team's eyes would be accustomed to the dark in the tunnels, and so with a tiny light and a sharp knife Rik could reflect light right into their unprepared eyes, blinding them for a moment.

A: Explaining to opponents the Öffside Rule, using Rules Lawyering: 1d100+5 42
Also, voting for the Fröman Baths. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rik
Accolade 6 -> 7

Rik stared in horror at the pyramid formation, ...then a small smile crept onto his lips. The floor outside the Baths was notoriusly slippery, and if someone were to use their standard Curling polishing broom to polish the floor and make it extra difficult for any pyramids that just so happened to wander past to keep their footing, well,... what a shame that would be. Rik grabbed his broom and set to work, polishing the floor, like he had in his Curling team back home.

A: Polishing the floor to topple the pyramid, using Athletics: 1d100+5 82

While polishing, he looked at the formation again. A lot of opponents..., but where was the Ball?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rik
Accolade 7 -> 10?

Time to attack. Rik looked at the bags of... stuff. The idea of touching them filled him with... trepidation. But, like his dear old mum always said, there's more than one way to polish a stone. Rik carefully seperated some of the looser bags from the pack, and put them to one side, in the open of the sieging pitch. He then quickly engineered a sign.

"FREE BAGZ!"

Hopefully the other team will grab the bags, and in their haste for free stuff grasp too tightly, causing the bags to open all over themselves. Rik retreated to a safe distance, and waited.

A: Using Engineering to offer free trapped bags to the enemy: 1d100+9 19

While he waited, Rik thought of his ideal siege weapon. Probably just a curved mirror on a wheeled base, able to catch the sun's rays and harness them to the team's own ends.

But if that wasn't an option, then Rik thought Snööd's idea was really well drawn.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rik
Accolade 10 -> 11

Lux Animus posted:

"Rik, do you have anything highly reflective we could use to blind the enemy's siege spotters up there? Here, take a look through this:"

"So, if you're down, I'll use this and be your eyes, while you do the reflecting!"

"Sure do, Trinique," Rik replied, reaching into a pocket. "I never go anywhere without my personal mirror. So useful, in a variety of situations! And if anyone else has a handheld reflective surface, just follow my lead and add your efforts to ours!"

B: Using Tactics to blind the ranged opponents: 1d100+5 91

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rik
Accolade 11 -> 12

This was it. Rik had just enough time to really polish the Siegeball within an inch of its life to make it move through the opponent base as silky as anything.

But then, the flash powder. It was so bright, it was the most beautiful thing Rik had ever seen. Now, I could lie and say that, as a Polisher, Rik's eyes were sorta immune to bright lights, but I don't think that'd work. So Rik took the full blast of the Flash powder, and in his rage, tried to keep the ball on course.

"What the hell was that?" he shouted. "No-one out-shines me!!!"

A: Using The Extreme, Polishing and Momentum to help score a goal: 1d100+18+30+20-10 112

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rik
Accolade 21

Jvie posted:

- ...though seriously, I've been thinking about it. Joining the knightood I mean, after I graduate. If they'll have me.

"...Huh." Rik said. "I thought, what with all the peace we've apparently been having these past few years, there wasn't much call for Knights or any other soldiers. I mean, aren't like half of the tutors here ex-Forces? But hey, there's not much else to do until the next Siegeball match. Tell you what, Nit, lemme just polish off what's on my plate and we can go together. I'll give the spiel a listen, if nothing else."

A.

Team name: Actually, Team T-5 sounds fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rik
Accolade 21 -> 22

"Huh," Rik says to Nit. "Surprisingly little info about knights."
"Yeah," the girl replies. "Listen, Rik, I gotta go. The Flights have practice tonight. But, we should do this again sometime, yeah?"
"Sure. The next crazy, ranting person I see, I'll think of you."

The silence goes on a little too long. Nit offers a quick "OKBye!" and practically sprints away. Rik internally adds another regret to the pile and heads to his dorm room. As he walks up the stairwell, two voices echo down to him.

"-lying skillcore?"
"Yep! Courtesy of a now-quite-rich gravedigger."
"So you're gonna-"
"Oh no, this ain't for me. I've got all my slots planned out. Nah, I'm feeding this to Aurora before our next match."
"Your ashenwing? Do skillcores even-"
"Who knows? I guess we'll find- ssh, footsteps. HURRAH FOR QUEEN NOGGINS, EH!?"
"Uh, Hurrah!!"

Rik turns the final corner and walks up the final flight of steps, past the two teammates. "Hurrah," he says to them, and steps into the corridor, and then his room. He sits at his desk, looks at the mound of paperwork ahead of him, and sighs. Time to polish his brain.

-----

Rumour: Someone's feeding their ashenwing a flying skillcore. (Or lying, or supplying, or bullying etc., but flying makes most sense.) Effectiveness unknown.
Mascot: Orb!
Personal choice: Bettering myself.