Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Knorrren posted:

My dream bathroom:

Ancient bricks, splintery old floor, and an exciting assortment of underthings raided from the Colonial Williamsburg staff hamper.

I especially love that someone owns (and made) an artificial dead Christmas tree here.

dont forget the rotting splintery box of YEASTCREAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Here’s a Christmas decorating idea: instead of hanging ornaments up on a tree, place them in your glass hard candy jar and set a stuffed goose to watch over them!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I had to redo my bathroom with unfinished brick walls and a hardwood floor but it was worth it to have the best Christmas ever

Knorrren
Sep 8, 2014

Another fabulous tip:

This is a surefire way to add an olde-timey ghost infant to your holiday spirit(s).

Jolly old Saint Nick was two hundred years too late.

Knorrren fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 26, 2020

Knorrren
Sep 8, 2014

A filthy snow lass and an old board painted black can add cheer to any room:

Knorrren
Sep 8, 2014

From their website, a maniacal Santa lugging a decrepit panda through the snow.

The reindeer were just dead weight!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Knorrren posted:

Another fabulous tip:

This is a surefire way to add an olde-timey ghost infant to your holiday spirit(s).

That table and those chairs are too polished and modern-looking. Didn't they have any furniture stolen from the backyard of an Appalachian moonshine shack?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If your family doesn't have a coat of arms, consider breaking into the mausoleum of a wealthy family and stealing the coat of arms from one of the coffins.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Used to know a person who's parent was born of rich white people in South Africa, like the worst people, servants/slaves. Anyway they always had big Xmas trees and stuff, also they all had chimpanzees and a table for them at christmas. And one Xmas dinner a chimpanzee jumped on the tree and it fell and all the rich cunts were like "Well, that's just not right, my word!" and I guess the servants ran out and fixed it up.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

This poo poo is some real poser Appalachia. No mention of 'shine sippin' on this here Jesustide day?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Instead of dressing up like Santa for the kids, the dad in this family dresses up like a usurious landlord who shows up to cast the family out into the snow on Christmas Eve.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

you know I probably won't go back to my parent's house for christmas due to the pandemic, so thanks for this thread, it's like I'm there already.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Skratte posted:

you know I probably won't go back to my parent's house for christmas due to the pandemic, so thanks for this thread, it's like I'm there already.

When did you first realize your parents' house was haunted by the ghosts of several Victorian children?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
if draping socks over any outcropping is how we are decorating for christmas now then i have a head start on the holiday season!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Knorrren posted:

You can always swing by the abandoned dairy shed to help yourself to some BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES.

The single filthy sock makes it festive.

Also available in the shed is a sack of EARLY PEASE:

I want the BUTTERY sign

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Knorrren posted:

A filthy snow lass and an old board painted black can add cheer to any room:

This snowman whispers into the dreams of children, demanding tithes of flesh that it cannot possibly consume.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dixville posted:

I want the BUTTERY sign

I want a dedicated hook to hang my string beans from.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Knorrren posted:

A snowman made from the snow you find next to the road:

Those are probably made from used bandages stolen from a Shriners Hospital. Doubly cursed.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Knorrren posted:

Plenty of forlorn, skinny Santas Claus:

A bonus sad dirty snowman and decorative old sock making their appearances.

These rooms make me itch.

The whole "found in an abandoned barn in the Ozarks" aesthetic sucks. That furniture needs to be burned.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The whole "found in an abandoned barn in the Ozarks" aesthetic sucks. That furniture needs to be burned.

I get the impression that all of that furniture would go up like a tinderbox. Especially considering every square inch of empty space has been stuffed with straw. A stray spark from your home's overtaxed 1930s-era wiring and the dry, brittle wood of your china cabinet goes up like a dry Christmas tree. You come home one night after an evening of caroling and all that's left of your house are the smoldering iron bands of your washtub.

Knorrren
Sep 8, 2014

More inspiration from the Country Sampler website:

Long ago, this family was turned into a bundle of festive tapers when they forgot to leave a saucer of hooch out for the Christmas Barn Witch.

Knorrren
Sep 8, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I get the impression that all of that furniture would go up like a tinderbox. Especially considering every square inch of empty space has been stuffed with straw. A stray spark from your home's overtaxed 1930s-era wiring and the dry, brittle wood of your china cabinet goes up like a dry Christmas tree. You come home one night after an evening of caroling and all that's left of your house are the smoldering iron bands of your washtub.

The nice thing about decorating with filthy trash is that you can always start fresh with whatever is left after your housefire:

Even more country character than it had before!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Knorrren posted:

Long ago, this family was turned into a bundle of festive tapers when they forgot to leave a saucer of hooch out for the Christmas Barn Witch.

Even the candles look old and rotting, Jesus Christ

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Christmas is known for its grime, squalor, threadbare-edness, echos of The Great Depression, and early brooms so I'm really not sure what everyone is so drat confused about.

Knorrren
Sep 8, 2014

A classic Santa suit + giant rusty jingleballs is displayed in front of the forbidden cupboard:

The Christmas tree decorated with wooden clothespins is great, too.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The scratchy blankets above the candle are all the host gives you to keep warm in their drafty living room while they sleep upstairs in comfort on their four-poster with the convex mattress.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
EARLY BROOMS is a pro-tier username

Knorrren
Sep 8, 2014

This angel IS pretty distressed:

This snowman, however, doesn't seem to mind its fate at all:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

"Let me out," whispers the snowman in a tiny voice like a lamb. "Let me out."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I open my gift. It’s a pinecone.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Knorrren posted:

The nice thing about decorating with filthy trash is that you can always start fresh with whatever is left after your housefire:

Even more country character than it had before!

It's a stocking made out of pita bread at the underfunded orphanage for ghosts. Merry Christmas yall!

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

A very corona christmas

I think the editor of that magazine just inherited a lot of old trash and is trying to make it a "interior design thingy" for the insurence money. Its the perfect crime, oh no I lost my 500$ Early Broom box in the christmas fire. Yeah its an antique, very rare and valuable. Pay up.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So I've been trying to look up "early brooms" and the best I can suss out is that the "early" in "early broom" is used the same way as "early man" as in like, a primitive "early" incarnation of the broom.

But people back then wouldn't have called early brooms "early" they would have just called them "brooms."

So these dumbasses googled old-timey brooms, saw that they were tagged as "early brooms" and thought that "early" was the KIND of broom they were, and then made a faux-aged box with an old-timey label based on that misunderstanding.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
early brooms are for sweeping in the morning

late brooms are for sweeping at night. shhhhhhhh he's sweeping, they say.

regular brooms are for sweeping from 12pm-6pm

this isn't difficult

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What disgusts me most is the lack of a coherent narrative in these displays. Like, if you’re going to decorate your house like it’s Christmas during the Great Depression that’s one thing, but even people in the Great Depression has a rhyme and reason to the way they arranged their belongings. This is more like Christmas at the dump.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
tiny tim's crimmas hovel

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Is this like a witchcraft catalog? Could I curse someone with one of these pumpkin-headed abominations???

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Country Sampler is my favorite Nelly album

Spinz posted:

Khristi

Khountri Samplher is my favorite Knhelli album

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Knorrren posted:

Another fabulous tip:

how the hell are we supposed to play rummikub on that table with that nonsense blocking everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Knorrren posted:

Those are farm prototypes of alarm candles. You lay on your belly top of the blankets, screw one up your rear end for the approximate burning time (one hour per inch), light it, and go to sleep. Don't fart! The candle will wake you up without fail. Those candles look used by early risers.