Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
[b]##vote Obama[/b[

Don't like how they came back into the thread, and how they jokingly dismissed my callout of them for the "so many posts".

Would also do Pmush for overexplaining their vote on Steak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

yeah, I do think it's a bit scummy, in fact

then why haven't you voted me in any of your posts you're sussing me in? lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Amnistar posted:

Would also do Pmush for overexplaining their vote on Steak.
And, presumably, if I hadn't explained my logic, you'd be going after me for making a drive-by vote, right? I know those catch-22 cases, Amni. I've used them, as scum. You're not slick.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

And, presumably, if I hadn't explained my logic, you'd be going after me for making a drive-by vote, right? I know those catch-22 cases, Amni. I've used them, as scum. You're not slick.

Naw, it's the "In light of Bif's flip maybe Steak was onto something but oh wait bif was 3rd party so it means nothing." comment.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

then why haven't you voted me in any of your posts you're sussing me in? lol

Lol!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Naw, it's the "In light of Bif's flip maybe Steak was onto something but oh wait bif was 3rd party so it means nothing." comment.
Or maybe I was explaining the logic on my reread and vote. If someone else jumped onto the same case they had on D1, I'd be interested to hear their logic, too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

And yet still ends up voting for .. steak?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bif flipped third party, everyone knows that means analyzing votes means nothing. But you explained that it meant nothing, except not by saying that it means nothing.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
amni u should vote pmush

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

amni u should vote pmush

sure.

##vote pmush

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Bif flipped third party, everyone knows that means analyzing votes means nothing. But you explained that it meant nothing, except not by saying that it means nothing.
Reading comprehension is important. It doesn't mean nothing, it explains the discrepancies in Steak's behavior.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JFC, Amni, I know you always think I'm scum, but at least have a real reason for it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

sure.

##vote pmush
You realize Steak ISN'T voting me, right? Dance on his strings, puppet. Dance for Scum Steak.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

JFC, Amni, I know you always think I'm scum, but at least have a real reason for it.

Man...the number of people that have told me this is off the charts...

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

You realize Steak ISN'T voting me, right? Dance on his strings, puppet. Dance for Scum Steak.

lmfao

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Man...the number of people that have told me this is off the charts...
Maybe you should listen, then. Or are you conveniently forgetting the times town told you that?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Maybe you should listen, then. Or are you conveniently forgetting the times town told you that?

Everyone I call scum seems to come at me with this "you always think I'm scum" rhetoric. Sometimes they actually are scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Everyone I call scum seems to come at me with this "you always think I'm scum" rhetoric.
Hmmm, I wonder why that might be! Could it be that you always focus on the same people? Naaaaaah.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You're voting DB, don't even front.

Votecount for Day 2

Dick Bastardly (4): ObamaAkbar., Mr. Steak, Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (2): sandnavyguy, PMush Perfect
PMush Perfect (1): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar., Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Amnistar
Idle Amalgam (1): Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (4): DGK2000, Retro Futurist, Scientastic, sirtommygunn

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 11th, 2020 at 7:59 p.m. PST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Hmmm, I wonder why that might be! Could it be that you always focus on the same people? Naaaaaah.

Maybe they should stop acting like scum!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Maybe they should stop acting like scum!
Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

People tend to unconsciously select information that supports their views, but ignoring non-supportive information. People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Confirmation bias is a broad construct covering a number of explanations. Biased search, biased interpretation and biased memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A series of psychological experiments in the 1960s suggested that people are biased toward confirming their existing beliefs. Later work re-interpreted these results as a tendency to test ideas in a one-sided way, focusing on one possibility and ignoring alternatives ("myside bias", an alternative name for confirmation bias). In certain situations, this tendency can bias people's conclusions. Explanations for the observed biases include wishful thinking and the limited human capacity to process information. Another explanation is that people show confirmation bias because they are weighing up the costs of being wrong, rather than investigating in a neutral, scientific way. However, even scientists and intelligent people can be prone to confirmation bias. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, eg, by education and training in critical thinking skills.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DO YOU GET IT YET

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
that's a whole lotta psycho babel, but yeah

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

You put way to much credit in how much I remember about previous games. Also, not confirmation bias to "always think pmush is scum" because that would imply that I think you're scum and then everything you do in any game confirms that belief. If anything, always thinking someone is scum is a sign that I am bad at accounting for individual playstyles.

Regardless, I think you're scum because you spent a lot of words talking about nothing important to leave your vote on steak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:allears:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote PMush

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote pmush

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote pmush
At least you finally put your vote where your mouth is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Look, Amni, I know you always think I'm tryna immediately sacrifice you to whatever 3P may be hunting you...

..and you'd be right

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Regardless, I think you're scum because you spent a lot of words talking about nothing important to leave your vote on steak.
Jesus loving Christ, Amni. What am I supposed to do, ignore my suspicions because ooh someone might think it's scummy that I wanted to look into my D1 gutfeel and see if there's anything to it? Maybe I should vote someone else just to make you feel better.

##vote Sandwolf

Driveby vote on a bandwagon.

There, is that better? Are you going to stop letting Steak manipulate you now?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I need to walk away from this thread before I pop a loving blood vessel

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

I need to walk away from this thread before I pop a loving blood vessel

if you feel that way, yeah, you probably should, this game ain't worth that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

also, not tryna upset you PMush, but you calling my vote a driveby vote on a bandwagon just really feels like you're not paying a lot of attention

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't see the PMush case.

Steak what are you doing with your votes there bud?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also ##vote db now that he's not at - 3

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't see the PMush case.

Steak what are you doing with your votes there bud?

yeah well who do you think is scum then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

Also ##vote db now that he's not at - 3

You're only willing to vote for your sus if you think it won't lead to a lunch?