Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The Batman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Scientastic posted:

Which Batman?

The Batman

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I would also accept this OP

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well as the world’s greatest detective I am obviously the most town player itt

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

but mostly because we both posted as soon as game opened in a beautiful sand union

Pretty sus if you ask me

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Also going on purely statistics it has to be

##vote DB

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Why read anything when you can just have it spoon fed to you like a big baby

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Bifauxnen posted:

What the gently caress man, why're you voting the claimed scum hunter

Another one who didn’t read the op guys :rolleyes:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Dick Bastardly posted:

me rolling scum three games in a row is highly unlikely, statistically :colbert:

Actually it’s more likely I think you’ll find, it’s simple mathematics I wouldn’t expect you to understand :eng101:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sirtommygunn posted:

Sounds good enough for me!

DB scumbro spotted

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Wow lot of posts to get through this morning!

My feelings so far, bif/steak slap fights feels like they are mostly talking past each other, although I thought it was pretty obvious that steak was joking with his earlier “serious” posting and I’m not sure why bif is if pretending that his quote of hummalong was him uncharacteristically going back to joking.

Not liking the meta reads really as it would be easy for scum to act differently to throw off town, or mislead players who are less familiar by trying to push a bullshit meta read.

Especially not liking the “this is how you/I posted in x game when we were both scum” rhetoric. Both DGK and SNG are guilty of this and it smacks of grasping at straws.

DB’s posting hasn’t gotten any better either and I no joke think he might actually be scum again lol

Would also vote SNG, DGK and bif in that order

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Bifauxnen posted:

Wait what

Ok first of all, how would him going back to joking be "uncharacteristic"

Second of all, do you think all of his posts since start of game have been joking, third of all why does that even matter when I just fuckin voted him cause he annoyed me with his joke being so annoying spamming up votefinder it made me go "wtf is this poo poo, what happened to murdering jokephase"

Fourth of all, what am I "pretending" I didn't even say anything about his Hum post until just a bit afo cause I'd already assembled a bunch of serious posts to quote on my phone and that seemed like enough to illustrate but Steak was all "but wait you didn't quote literally every post of mine" and he's like look I went back to joking but I don't loving care because it was something to poke him on and it worked I don't CARE how many jokeposts he had in between or whether a certain one was actually a joke it has nothing to do with anything that happened when he decided to flip the gently caress out over my vote

##vote obama

Maybe uncharacteristic was the incorrect word to use, all I’m saying is it was obvious he was joking originally, I’m not saying all his posts were joking but I didn’t see anything scummy in them.

Maybe my brain is fried from trying to read all those posts with the night I just had but that’s how I read the situation and it feels like several posters itt are using spurious meta reads and grasping at straws to try and push their cases. That seems more scummy to me than someone getting frustrated that they are being misunderstood

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah STG posted like this last game and he was town so I wouldn’t really read much into that. Still finding his feet

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Dick Bastardly posted:

This doesn't read to me like Steak was being flippant and jokey, which makes OA's take look disingenuous and unnecessarily shady. Would vote OA today but I still like my current vote and probably won't budge unless we face a NL situation.

Was starting to change my mind on you DB as your last few posts have been pretty good but you are now saying you’d vote for me today when you earlier had me in your light town read list? And this based on information that was already out there when you composed your list...

3p lunch is solid though ##vote bif

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

So PMush and Amnistar both have pretty low quality wishy washy posts D1, I’m equally suspicious of both of them.

I want to hear DB’s reasoning for changing his mind on me D1 based on no new information, it’s like he is just cribbing other people’s opinions rather than forming one himself. Overall not feeling great about him

Looking over hummalong’s posts there isn’t much to work with, he suspected STG based on one weird post but that was about it, nothing conclusive in my mind to indicate why he was targeted

##vote PMush

Would also switch to amnistar

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Don’t really get the narrative that bif might have been lying either, seems to be a weird thing to get stuck up on when she had no reason to

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Actually sticking with my initial suspicions, as I’ve been hosed over before ignoring them, I think it’s

##vote DB

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Amnistar posted:

[b]##vote Obama[/b[

Don't like how they came back into the thread, and how they jokingly dismissed my callout of them for the "so many posts".

Would also do Pmush for overexplaining their vote on Steak.

When did I jokingly dismiss you? I only have brief windows where I can post as I have a small child that currently takes up a large amount of my free time.

As for my “so many posts” post I don’t see much to defend, I read the whole lot of them as painful as it was, not sure how it’s scummy to jokingly refer to the number as many other posters itt have done

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah I think PMush is a more solid lunch than DB today.

Not sure what SNGs case on sci is other than the same spurious D1 meta crap

##vote PMush

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I feel like STG is getting an easy pass right now as well, has barely posted recently, I can see newbie scum trying to avoid attracting attention by lurking and just hoping to make it to the next night

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok that’s weird. New theory is pmush is in fact scum, and so is steak and this is a last minute cred grab. The bomb isnt real but steak looks like king town for offering

This makes no sense, how would scum get town cred if scum would in fact know it’s fake?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I mean once PMush flips it’ll be obvious if she’s fake claiming or not right? How is that a good scum play?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

The logic is: if Steak and PMush are scum, PMush can tell Steak it’s a lie, then Steak can offer to be the hammer vote (the one that will explode due to lunchbomb) for the townie cred of ‘wow he doesn’t care if he dies he mustn’t be scum.’

But it’s a pretty silly bit of logic, because even if it’s all true as RF says, that would *never* be enough to prevent Steak’s lunch.

Yeah but her scum buddies would know she is lying so in reality it’s not a useful gambit.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

So we have several posters seriously avoiding putting a vote down on PMush or just pretending it’s not happening including DB who decides to come in near the end and vote for SNG who was -7 ffs. RF then starts spouting a load of rubbish about PMush’s fake claim that makes little to no sense and feels almost like a badly thought out scum play to try and frame steak yet again.

SNG pushed back so hard yesterday against a PMush lunch that I can’t actually see it as a scum buddy defence as no scum in their right mind would stick their neck out so much when PMush was getting so much heat.

I think my initial suspicions of DB were correct though I’d happily vote RF at this point too

##vote DB

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

RF seems more scummy to me yeah.

DB isn’t as scummy because they were the alt push if pmush didn’t get the lunch. I doubt scum would have wanted to split the vote between two of themselves, which makes DB more town in my eyes at least.

Not sure I get this logic, the fact it was split means there was a large number of town voting for both of them. Scum would surely want to try and push a third candidate like DB did late into the last the day

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Okay my thoughts at this time are that DGK is likely town based on him wasting a doublevote, no way his scum team would agree to that in my opinion. Nothing I’m seeing in his posting is especially scummy either.

IA is really pinging me with his obsession with getting DGK lunched though, basically ignoring most other posters, not strong town play at all, getting a light scum read on him.

Amnistar is likely town given how early he went after PMush. Sci giving me trying town vibes as well given his strong case against PMush yesterday when the vote was still tied.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Also I’d like to point out that IA was another poster that basically avoided commenting or voting on the PMush lunch

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Idle Amalgam posted:

I still would, you havent done much.

Was wrong about mush. I'm as bad at this game as I ever was.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Eh, my takes were garbage. First game back in a half a year or so and it shows.

I mean I stand by what I said about DB, true to my meta... I always support a manic underdog and give them too much credit. Hence not voting steak d1 or mush d2. But also d2 was rapid and day ended while working.

DB seems good to me. DGK could still possibly be scum imo. In fact I feel strongly about it, but /shrug... I'm the same poo poo posting slacker I've always been. What do I know?

*bird sounds*

I'm out.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Forgive my minecraft brain. I mean... I get double vote is strong for scum and I see how my stuff with dgk could be wrong, just a gut feel based on their earlier behavior, but I will definitely follow the collective town lead while my mafia super sleuth senses recalibrate.

Idle Amalgam posted:

All fair, all fair.

Just my paranoid suspicion I suppose.

Also a lot of wishy washy posts implying their takes shouldn’t be taken too seriously

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

You earlier said that you read DB as scum so a bit confused that you are now stepping away from him now that he is -1?

I don’t see any problem with a DB PMush scum team, given that PMush was obviously vanilla scum it’s conceivable that the decision was made to push her over DB like steak suggested

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Lmao DB you did this exact same fake claim last game, I don’t believe that two cop candies would be handed out at the same time

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well I’ve been poisoned so... lmao

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6