Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Iíll play if thereís space. Can I be that kid who dressed up as Donald Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

PMush Perfect posted:

Go full cursed. "Sexy President."

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Iím not sure blackface is really the right direction

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Any observers for this game should step up and join properly so I can shout at Steak play some mafia

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Which Batman?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Since I am Baby Trump, I don't actually care about anyone's votes, I am just going to declare who is scum regardless

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Mr. Steak posted:

smh why do scum always post super early on day 1?

Good point here

##Vote Steak

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

I hereby declare victory over Steak, stop the votes!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

PMush Perfect posted:

Still
Canít
Understand,
Myself

Howíd
Unybody
No-
T read
Everything
Regularly

Just awful

##Vote Pmush

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Bifauxnen posted:

What the gently caress man, why're you voting the claimed scum hunter

Wait, what? You must be seeing some subtle breadcrumbing I missed...

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Sandwolf posted:

can someone explain the word ossify? How does something thatís not bone become like bone?

Bones are made of cells, just like other parts of the body. So assuming you're talking about heterotopic ossification (as in, bone formation where you wouldn't expect bone), it's usually the result of some sort of trauma or abnormality causing a genetic or epigenetic malfunction that makes cells transform from their original function into stem cells and then into osteoblasts.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Dick Bastardly posted:

me rolling scum three games in a row is highly unlikely, statistically

Bad maths

##Vote DB

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Actually itís more likely I think youíll find, itís simple mathematics I wouldnít expect you to understand

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

##Vote SNG

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Itís because of this:

sandnavyguy posted:

Well jokephase twilight was fun, but...

##vote Steak

Bifs posting so far is perfectly in line with how they act when they are town, and I dont see them as super frustrated so much as locking onto a possible target and not letting up, which she tends to do if she feels theres a lead.

Steak is acting chaotic as per usual, and would normally be a null vote but the early and more direct cuts of their hyperbole seems... not as performative laissez faire as his usual townie self, generally they are more scattershot and less ready to tango with an attcker this early, instead continuing to provoke at near random. Here though, they seem ready to lock horns with bif and lay out structured rhetoric.

more importantly, my gut is telling me this isnt bussing or a town slapfight, and of the two Im leaning on Steak for scum.

Im a tad sus that DGK is bussing Sandwolf, but that may just be a red herring. What say you to this Nurse?

When I read the Bif/Steak conversation, I struggled to draw an alignment call. Reading SNGís post, I think he has just decided heís got to pick a side, and heís manufactured a reason to do so. Itís wishy washy and meta, and gives him plenty of room to back out of it.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

And heís gone for the safer vote, which is to bring the two level, instead of making a clear shout to push Bif as vote leader. Thatís quite nebulous, but itís exactly what I would expect scum to do if Bif and Steak are (as I lean towards) both town...

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

I think Bifís reaction to steak is fine, she seems perfectly normal to me, and I donít understand why people think sheís overreacting or being performative. I feel like Bif and I have quite a similar play style, and sheís reacting in a way I think is townie.

Steak is playing exactly as he always does on D1, and while I personally find his approach somewhat annoying, I have to begrudgingly admit that I have come to respect it a little bit more having played a few games with him. Aggression is a good way to start, this is very much the Steak town game.

I think the people who are scum are the ones cheerleading the fight from the sidelines, hoping to get one of these players executed.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is exactly what it looks like except you are complicit and possibly also scum

This is a scum post, would also vote DB, especially as he is content to throw shade at both Steak and Bif, but jokevote RF

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the wildest loving way for jokephase to end.

Steak is always like this, but I'm not sure I've seen him get under Bif's skin like this before.

PMush Perfect posted:

I can't believe you guys can't believe we aren't reading this multipage slap fight

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a slap fight, isn't it? Unless Steak is scum, and just being Steak, but that's a null tell. I don't think scum Bif would tilt this hard.

These are also scum posts.

Would vote any of SNG, DB or Pmush, theyíre all posting scummy poo poo

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

sandnavyguy posted:

It *is* the safe vote. and also the right one.

How on earth are you reading them as a town slapfight?

Well, because I have been on the receiving end of a Steak D1 inquisition as and reacted exactly as Bif is doing, and Iíve seen Steak, as town, do exactly what he is doing now. I donít think thereís an alignment call to be made on either, but I think thereís a vested interest for scum to push the dichotomy, which is exactly what you did.

Iíve seen this happen in multiple recent games, and the arguments have always been between two townies with gleeful scum rubbing their hands together on the sidelines. Iíve been scum and promoted and pushed those fights and made them worse, and Iíve been scum and artificially inflated the arguments and voted to keep them going. Again, exactly as you did.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Time for breakfast.

Itís Dinovember in our house, so all the toy dinosaurs come alive at night and make a big mess in a variety of amusing scenes to delight and confound my children.

Last night I heard them making a big mess in the kitchen and preparing to cook and eat us, so while this has been a fun update, I need to go and tidy up.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

No need for a morning mega post today

##Vote Bif

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

To those of you in any doubt, it's pretty obvious that PMush is scum:

Drive-by cheerleading without making any proper alignment calls that he can't back out of.

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the wildest loving way for jokephase to end.

Steak is always like this, but I'm not sure I've seen him get under Bif's skin like this before.

PMush Perfect posted:

I can't believe you guys can't believe we aren't reading this multipage slap fight

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a slap fight, isn't it? Unless Steak is scum, and just being Steak, but that's a null tell. I don't think scum Bif would tilt this hard.

The most ironic post:

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't like this. It feels very drive-by in a way that deliberately avoids stating any actual opinions about the discussion.

"I read that!"

Congrats, give us your feelings on it!

When challenged on this, PMush posts the most milquetoast defence of Bif:

PMush Perfect posted:

I literally did. Null on Steak because Steak, leaning town on Bif, because I don't think Bif would fake tilting this hard.

This is scummy because it gives PMush a really easy out to vote either of these people if the wind changes.

Which is precisely what she does:

PMush Perfect posted:

Also, good morning. Iíve slept on things!

Something about Steak feels different from how he usually plays. Itís like heís invested in being listened to, instead of just speaking whatís on his heart. Thereís no chaos here. I donít know what that means, exactly, but on D1 in an all vanilla game, Iím not liking it.

Bif, IDK, but I donít think Iím voting her today.

Getting a hard town read on Sci right now, really liking most of those posts.

Not really many hard scum reads, but Iíd probably vote DGK, Obama, Amni, or a lurker.

Preview Edit:

Oh hey, I have a scum read now.

##vote Amnistar

Gently leaning back on the null read of Steak, pushing further onto the Bif read. Voting for Amni for an incredibly dumb reason (Amni's vote for DB is actually fine and good)

PMush Perfect posted:

Actually, I can just ask, canít I?

Steak, why are you so invested in this case?

What happened here to "Steak is always like this" and "just being Steak" and "Null on Steak because Steak". What's happening here is that PMush sees that Steak is becoming a viable target and is trying to undo the null reads she had earlier. But I don't buy the reasoning: soul reading that Steak is more invested than usual is not scumhunting, it's manufacturing a reason to vote for someone because you're afraid of appearing to bandwagon.

And then there was this:

PMush Perfect posted:

What are the odds Bif is scum and this is some kind of last-ditch play?

LITERALLY ZERO. There is no way this would be a scum play, the only reason to ask this question is because you are performatively trying to look like concerned town.

PMush Perfect posted:

For the sake of argument, I'm going to assume that Steak really did get pinged by Bif's weirdness, and it wasn't just a lucky guess. On one hand, you might think "well, would scum go that hard on someone", but a Halloween game would be the perfect time for scum to be worried about SKs. So I don't think that actually clears Steak at all.

In fact, it makes this post look way, way worse. It explains things, specifically the apparent discrepancy between "I believe my case" and "I'm willing to look elsewhere". And that storm of focused posts earlier would serve the twin goals of grinding down someone pinging him and making it way messier for town to actually scumhunt with multiple pages of white noise and chaos involved. Steak was pinging me all day yesterday, because SOMETHING felt off about his posting, and I'm pretty confident I've figured out what.

##vote Mr. Steak

I'd also vote Amni on guy, and probably DB to avoid a no-lunch.

NO. This doesn't make sense. This is PMush trying to make up a reason to push Steak, because she thinks that's the way the thread is going, but the reasoning is nonsensical. The reason it's nonsensical is because Pmush is making up a reason to vote for Steak.

And I don't think town reacts like this:

PMush Perfect posted:

And, presumably, if I hadn't explained my logic, you'd be going after me for making a drive-by vote, right? I know those catch-22 cases, Amni. I've used them, as scum. You're not slick.

PMush Perfect posted:

Or maybe I was explaining the logic on my reread and vote. If someone else jumped onto the same case they had on D1, I'd be interested to hear their logic, too.

PMush Perfect posted:

Reading comprehension is important. It doesn't mean nothing, it explains the discrepancies in Steak's behavior.

PMush Perfect posted:

JFC, Amni, I know you always think I'm scum, but at least have a real reason for it.

PMush Perfect posted:

You realize Steak ISN'T voting me, right? Dance on his strings, puppet. Dance for Scum Steak.

PMush Perfect posted:

Maybe you should listen, then. Or are you conveniently forgetting the times town told you that?

PMush Perfect posted:

Hmmm, I wonder why that might be! Could it be that you always focus on the same people? Naaaaaah.

When they have literally one (ONE!) vote on them. It betrays a persecution complex, which is a trap scum always fall into, because they are hyper-aware of votes against them.

PMush Perfect posted:

Jesus loving Christ, Amni. What am I supposed to do, ignore my suspicions because ooh someone might think it's scummy that I wanted to look into my D1 gutfeel and see if there's anything to it? Maybe I should vote someone else just to make you feel better.

##vote Sandwolf

Driveby vote on a bandwagon.

There, is that better? Are you going to stop letting Steak manipulate you now?

This is just a terrible post in every respect.

PMush Perfect posted:

Still angry, getting some thoughts down then probably coming back tomorrow to look at them again.

Stand by my Steak vote. Not sure if Amni is being obtuse (which is very in character) or playing it up as scum. Slightly leaning scum, I think, but IDK. What does that make the DB thing? A soft bus that got more traction than he expected? IDK, still not sure on DB myself. Cooling on my Sandwolf vote a bit, but not by much. More of an "I need to reread" kind of feel now. Liking SNG as town, still got a strong town read on Sci, null on IA and RF, and I can definitely see the OA case, wouldn't object to voting them.

And then finally, this feels performative: like "poo poo, I look mega-scummy in those posts, better pretend it's because I was getting cross"

##Vote Pmush

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

And for all the stuff about confirmation bias, that doesn't work if you keep posting scummy poo poo.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

sandnavyguy posted:

... I mean...

Well.

drat, maybe steak is scum and we have 2 non town solids on D1? Iím still hard pressing the steak angle but I canít argue with a 3p survivor lunch.

Though it sucks, and Iíd rather lunch steak first before he gets a candy bar and kills us all, because a survivor can Technically help town it wouldnít be my first choice...

3p is a solid lunch. Sorry bif

##vote bif

SNG is still scum, just in case anyone is wondering.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

sandnavyguy posted:

Sci, youíve given detailed breakdowns on everyone else, Iím feeling left out

I'm absolutely happy to do that, but I am puzzled by your assertion that I have done a detailed breakdown on "everyone else"... As far as I remember, I've only done what I would consider to be a proper case on one person...

I am in the middle of a call, and I'm very bored, so I'll see what I can do on your posts when it's not obvious that I'm not concentrating on UAT.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

OK, so I'm not going to focus on SNG's awkward jokes, because that is null for him: he is always mega-awkward to me when the game starts.

However:

sandnavyguy posted:

Steaks posting chaotic as per usual, but Iíve been wrong about them four games in a row, so obviously I will concede to my betters for their steak-Dar. But not quite yet.

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote Steak
Steak is acting chaotic as per usual, and would normally be a null vote but the early and more direct cuts of their hyperbole seems... not as performative laissez faire as his usual townie self, generally they are more scattershot and less ready to tango with an attcker this early, instead continuing to provoke at near random. Here though, they seem ready to lock horns with bif and lay out structured rhetoric.

more importantly, my gut is telling me this isnt bussing or a town slapfight, and of the two Im leaning on Steak for scum.

This is when SNG manufactured his reason for voting Steak. Starts off calling Steak's posting style null, which it is, and his reasoning is faked: he originally states that Steak is playing his usual chaotic game, then moves to accuse him of being scummy for being too focused. It's just fundamentally a silly reason to vote for someone, but it also comes off the back of the thread generally moving towards a bif/steak dichotomy.

Now that BIf has flipped, we can view SNG's vote for Steak in the light of scum players knowing at this point that Bif was not on their team. I think Steak is town, I'm pretty sure SNG is scum, and I think he picked Steak so that he would perpetuate the dichtomy rather than taking the riskier strategy of voting for Bif.

He doubles down on this later:

sandnavyguy posted:

I could buy you feeling they are acting townish, but this most definitely is not their normal D1 post style as Town and I'm not sure why you're pretending it is?

I genuinely can't see any difference between Steak's play in other games vs. this game. Steak's posting looks like scum-hunting to me, I don't see this posting as scum play in D1.

Then there's the softpush OMGUS, which is lovely.

sandnavyguy posted:

currentscum reads are: Steak Sci and sorta-kinda DGK

Of course, because I disagree with SNG, I must be scum. But of course, SNG is shy of being accused of OMGUSing, so he just sort of drops my name, rather than actually pointing out in any way why he thinks I'm scum, or putting a vote on me.

He continues in this vein:

sandnavyguy posted:

see, heres the thing.

When I was scum in Horus, I made your *exact* argument based on the bif/Hambeet fight. I believe you and Amni immediately pounced on me for it, and you were right.

I said they seemed to be both town having a town fight, and scum was watching and egging on.

And I think you're trying to get away with something similar.

it wasn't omgus that led to my suspicion of you right now, its just the similarity of scum me and presumably your current scum play.

More softpushing me as scum, this time because of something he has done in a previous game. Again, here calling me scum, but not actually voting for me or giving a credible reason for it.

And again, he gives himself SO MUCH room to back out of his calls:

sandnavyguy posted:

none of this changes the fact I currently still find steak more of a target rn, because if sci is scum then they are definitely trying to protect a scumbro,

and if sci is town, well then they are just wrong and I *still* think steak is scum.

Thinking Steak is scum is like the easiest possible stance to take imaginable, and his reason at this stage is still "Steak is being focused" which is a terrible reason to tunnel for this long.

And in fact, SNG begins backing off just as the impetus begins moving off Steak:

sandnavyguy posted:

Iím watching for steak reactions and they arenít jumping at me the way I thought they would as scum.
Hmmmm. Still not convinced tho.

DGK is pinging me, I thought it was an initial Sand bus but Sand just not playing along well enough for me to see him as being complicit.

Steak/DGK and Sci, maybe AA but Iím not quite sure. No clue of their meta, but Iím getting some scummy vibes from their recent reactions to light pressure with that small vote.

Look how he gives himself room to back off his ludicrously thinly formed opinion here. He thinks Steak is scum for being "too focused" and starts thinking off backing off because of "reactions".

Then Bif claims, and SNG does a ridiculously performative vote. Look at it:

sandnavyguy posted:

... I mean...

Well.

drat, maybe steak is scum and we have 2 non town solids on D1? Iím still hard pressing the steak angle but I canít argue with a 3p survivor lunch.

Though it sucks, and Iíd rather lunch steak first before he gets a candy bar and kills us all, because a survivor can Technically help town it wouldnít be my first choice...

3p is a solid lunch. Sorry bif

##vote bif

Just awful. Seriously, he can't just vote for the claimed 3P, he is so conscious of appearances that he can't resist posting an over-explained vote.

AND he's setting the game up for executing Steak anyway today. Which he proceeds to do:

sandnavyguy posted:

New day, same reads, a 3p lunch doesnít really help or hinder anything from the votes or the way itís played out, except maybe some suspicion on early votes on bif pre-3p announcement.

Including, oh look, ##vote steak

Reasons the same as before D1 Lunch.

Also willing atm to switch to Sci or DGK, same as D1

PMush isnít ringing alarm bells like they did post MorteM in the last game we played in hindsight, And is reading null to me. Iím not liking the three vote immediate combo post D2 opening

Sandwolf seems to be asking a lot of questions to multiple people, seems close to his town play.

AA is null-ish. Iíll reread.

Obama is a bit sus, just a gut feeling though

RF is kinda lurkingish? I dunno. I think my Watson might be rogue

STG seems null/town to me

I donít see DB acting scummy the way yíall apparently do, null/town seemingly to me.

REASONS THE SAME AS BEFORE D1 LUNCH

Whole lot of nothing in this post that isn't actually scumhunting.

In fact, my last sentence there sums up SNG's posts quite neatly: he's posting a lot of things that superficially look like he's scumhunting, but really, really what is he adding? Tunneling on Steak (the easiest of easy targets) for loving terrible reasons and softpushing and null reading loads of players. There is nothing useful in these posts, and he is hedging and giving himself room to back out of those very few calls he does make.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

sandnavyguy posted:

actually, for someone so sure I'm scum, you certainly don't want to vote me apparently.

Well yes, because I am more confident that someone else is scum. I know you read my case against PMush, why are you acting like you didnít?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

sandnavyguy posted:

Hey you know what you call staying locked on a likely target that everyone suddenly decides is no longer viable because of someone randomly diming themselves out as 3p? Tunneling apparently.

Itís tunnelling because you have no case, youíve just decided you can get Steak executed.

Please lay it out for me, because if you really think Steak is scum, you should be trying to persuade other people of your point of view: I am agog to hear what you have to say, because at the moment it just looks like ďhe posted weird on D1, but not weird like normal, weird like something else, and that something else is scummyĒ, which is very much not a persuasive case.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

What I find interesting about this is that it is independent of my read of Steak: I think he's townie, but even if I didn't, SNG's case against him is scummy. Because it's not based on really thinking Steak is scum, it's based on latching onto something nebulous, asserting that it's scummy, and hanging a vote on that assertion. There is no case as far as I can see, it is just that SNG wants to pretend he's scumhunting and thinks this is the way to do it.

But it's not: scumhunting involves finding evidence of scummy behaviour and pointing it out, prosecuting a case and persuading others that you're right. What SNG is doing is like cargo cult mafia, going through the motions, creating a narrative, but not actually pointing to any real evidence to fit that narrative, and hoping that the mere assertion "Steak is being too focused" is enough for him to ride out the day and not do anything pro-town.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

OK, I'm going to reread everyone in light of the PMush flip.

Amni is town, no way does the argument he had with PMush happen if they're both scum.

DGK is either town or incredibly ballsy scum (I err to town) because using a double vote to hammer a scum bud would be the biggest bus ever.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't really get what the case on Pmush is tbh

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's really crazy and weird because that's how I feel about pmush kinda lol

Look at these two posts: Just so so gentle in their push back on the idea that PMush is scum. So incredibly milquetoast, just putting the idea out there without commiting to poo poo.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think SNG's wishy washy vote on Bif was suss because Bif confessed that the optimal play for her was to lunch townies (see bolded text):

SNG's wishy washy Bif vote:

SNG's vote post with the false hope narrative that Bif could potentially help town (in spite of their own admission), ergo Steak is the better lunch between the two. I don't see town making an argument to keep a self admitted non-pro-town 3p alive in favor to lunch another player that we don't have information on that points definitively to their alignment. Bif gave testimony to their own non-town alignment and was rightfully lunched for it.

##vote SNG

And then this vote happened. This was just before DGK hammered PMush, and is a last ditch effort completely ignoring the case against PMush too shift the vote.

My initial read is that DB is scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. But I have had to come back to this point to add something: a lot of players I think are scum were pushing DB over PMush. If this were a power role heavy game, I could see that as a scum play, knowing that one was inevitably getting dunked, and picking the lesser of two evils. I am really struggling with DB, because his posting makes me think he's scum, but other people's posting makes me think he's town...

Idle Amalgam's scummy around PMush too:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Weird react imo, sus

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol I wouldnt be opposed to seeing steak out. Not feeling the mush push, but wowie.

Idle Amalgam posted:

People should value my opinions more ITT. Friggin' louts.

My bet is mush is town and lying lol.

How DB snaked away from Lunch is curious, but DGK not actually trying and acting suspicious is what I see.
Not a tunnel on dgk, I just calls em like I sees em.

If I had to make a list

TOWN
Myself, duh

PROBABLY SCUM
Dgk
Steak
And stg?

At this point in the game, when this is posted, it's just a desperate scum play to try to pretend that a flipping out PMush is town. Just laughable.

Steak continues to be town. I don't see him playing the way he did around PMush as scum, no way.

ObamaAkbar is a mixed bag. There's not so much defending of PMush, but I generally don't like it when people vote and give themselves outs in the same post:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

So PMush and Amnistar both have pretty low quality wishy washy posts D1, Iím equally suspicious of both of them.

I want to hear DBís reasoning for changing his mind on me D1 based on no new information, itís like he is just cribbing other peopleís opinions rather than forming one himself. Overall not feeling great about him

Looking over hummalongís posts there isnít much to work with, he suspected STG based on one weird post but that was about it, nothing conclusive in my mind to indicate why he was targeted

##vote PMush

Would also switch to amnistar

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Actually sticking with my initial suspicions, as Iíve been hosed over before ignoring them, I think itís

##vote DB

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah I think PMush is a more solid lunch than DB today.

Not sure what SNGs case on sci is other than the same spurious D1 meta crap

##vote PMush

But in his favour, it's a ballsy move to vote PMush at both points he does so, I think in both cases, OA's votes pushed Pmush from possible execution candidate to probable, the timing is townie.

RF[/]b is also scum:

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't see the PMush case.

Steak what are you doing with your votes there bud?

Retro Futurist posted:

That reads like sci decided PMush was scum and then built a case around that, instead of the scum read coming from the case. I'm not sold on it.

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm not sold on PMush being scum. Sci is probably town, being pig headed and wrong certainly doesn't mean someone isn't town

These soft defences are all mega scummy, but then the icing on the cake is this.

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok thatís weird. New theory is pmush is in fact scum, and so is steak and this is a last minute cred grab. The bomb isnt real but steak looks like king town for offering

BOOM: setting up a Steak execution off the back of Pmush flipping scum. I really love this post, it's just incredibly scummy.

I have a conference call with two very high up people in four minutes, so I am going to rush the last two:

I have already established that I think SNG is scum. SNG was a big defender of PMush, and I don't like the idea that SNG was "too obvious" in that defence to be scum. DB was a viable candidate all day, and scum players strongly defend their team mates all the time. SNG pushed for Steak all day, ignoring or decrying the PMush case (not on the grounds of evidence, but because of un-backed-up gut feeling and meta) and even tried to stop me from voting for PMush after I had cased her.

I don't see newbie scum [b]STG
voting for PMush when he did, leaing town.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Based on what I jsut posted, I think RF is scum.

##Vote RF

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

If Iím reading the posts correctly, IA feels more confident that DGK is scum than DB, and wants to see DGK flip because he feels it would be more informative, but... isnít voting for DGK?

Is that right, or am I misreading those posts?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

As I have already said, I donít think a scum DGK double votes to hammer PMush to gain cred, especially when he could gain the same cred by simply waiting to hammer and keeping the double vote for when it could potentially win the entire game.

There is a whiff of WIFOM about this, but in the absence of any mega scum posts (like those weíve seen from the people I think are scum), I donít see that DGK is a good candidate today.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

RFís defence of pushing against PMushís execution seems to be that his scum meta is different.

This is a bad defence. We should be voting for RF today, he consistently gently pushed back against PMushís execution in a scummy way.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

I am really struggling woth seeing DB as scum, there are so many scummy players pushing against the PMsuh lunch onto DB, it just doesnít make sense.

DBís posting is bad, but the wider context just doesnít make sense to me

I would much rather vote SNG if the RF execution isnít getting any traction, I think both of them are better calls than DB

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

I think Iím trying to put words on a gut read, I just canít shake the feeling that scum DB and scum Pmush doesnít work

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

You earlier said that you read DB as scum so a bit confused that you are now stepping away from him now that he is -1?

I donít see any problem with a DB PMush scum team, given that PMush was obviously vanilla scum itís conceivable that the decision was made to push her over DB like steak suggested

I'm not stepping away from anything? I was pretty clear when I did my incredibly rushed post before my calls started that I had a problem with my initial read.

Well, I feel a bit dumb now, I wrote the below and only then thought to check if the votes matched my memory of how it went down...

My feeling is not that it was a PMush DB choice and the scum team made a choice, it's that a lot of scummy players posted that they didn't like the PMush execution and they preferred a DB lunch. I am much more confident in my scum reads of those players because of their scummy posting and there are more than enough of them that I think it's a concerted effort to push away from their buddy.

I get DB's posting is scummy, I just can't get my head around a scumteam not proposing another candidate if DB and PMush were scum together.

OK, I just checked the VF post for the end of the day, I guess DB and PMush were really the only credible candidates, maybe I'm overthinking this.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

Dick Bastardly posted:

The candy made me a permanent alignment cop.

I don't believe this is a role in the same game that we also had this:

JOHN CENA posted:

Sandwolf, Dog-Emerging-From-Stomach-Thing, has died on Night Two.

quote:

You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win when all threats to Town are completely eliminated!

You got a FUN SIZED CRUNCH COP BAR! At night, you can ##Cop a player to learn their alignment. This is a single use ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

sandnavyguy posted:

Who did you cop N2 DB?

Good question