Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse
The lions and the lambs ain't sleeping yet

Sextina Aquafina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Amnistar posted:

But being Bif is connected to a Day 1 turbo. She even bragged about not getting killed day 1 in discord.

Yeah, I haven't been lunched D1 in ages, it sounds kinda fun actually

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

sandnavyguy posted:

Hey now I vigged you D1 just like a month or two ago :p

Getting dayvidged is way different than getting lunched!

Especially when it's scum dayvidging you!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I'm a candy killer
Eating candy makes me horny
Chocolate inside me
Don't give me no candy corny
Gonna
Get dat candy, eat dat candy

Nom nom chew chew
Nom nom chew chew

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

im determined to kill jokephase before it begins. and any player desperate to cling to it for longer than 1 or 2 posts is scum

Killing things before they begin? Steak, you and me are on the same page

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Scientastic posted:

Just awful

##Vote Pmush

What the gently caress man, why're you voting the claimed scum hunter

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Amnistar posted:

There are a whole lot of posts that aren't voting bif out day 1.

Yeah what gives

##vote Bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

DGK2000 posted:

I actually was going to quote all of Sandwolfs posts but he's posted a bunch. All of them have ignored me. As he does 100% of the time he is scum. My vote is now absolutely serious.

What was there to ignore

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Oh btw Sandwolf what was up with the random landing zone post are you drunkpostin

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Ugh, Hum was bad enough but I thought it was serious time, I thought jokephase was aborted Steak

##vote Steak

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

what about the last 3 pages made you think its serious time....?

You

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont think any of bif's posts his game have been serious, but if she comes back and confirms that her vote on me was serious i'll gladly vote her

They weren't until I voted you, no. Not that I actually thought being obnoxious about VF made you scum, but I did want to see how you'd react. It wasn't good!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Sandwolf posted:

But that’s just it, isn’t it? Jokephase is jokey until something pings someone and then we’ve got a game

so the self proclaimed I’m-gonna-kill-jokephase feels more like LAMIST (I’m using this acronym to confuse the newbies)

Yeah, I got no problem mixing jokes with serious posts and letting jokephase live a while longer, it was just obnoxious how Steak dumped all that after he'd just been all "I'm gonna kill jokephase! Anyone who makes more than one or two jokeposts is scum!" so it was worth a prod.

And then he reacted all "what made you think things are serious??" as if there isn't a button to let me read all his previous posts

He's already lining up the threats and OMGUS too all "oh if Bif wasn't joking, I'll vote her cause that can't possibly be a real opinion"

It is now meatface

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

so was my reaction bad when i asked you a question, or did it become bad when i started posting in response to your answer?

im asking for a friend

It was bad immediately, when you asked this:

Mr. Steak posted:

After you made such a big deal about playing seriously already

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

drat, u dont need to show the offense so clearly on your face. those ultimatums would only frustrate scum to this degree, cmon

Steak between not getting that I enjoy goofy insults and they are often a sign of glee rather than frustration, and saying "trap sprung" as if I would've fearfully backed down from your threat of your vote on me, if only I was town? I'm starting to think you don't even know me

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

bif says no fun allowed.

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm a candy killer
Eating candy makes me horny
Chocolate inside me
Don't give me no candy corny
Gonna

Nom nom chew chew
Nom nom chew chew

Lunch all liars

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

im not sure what you're saying here, which i think is on me for having poor reading skills.

but:
im aware i made a stupid ultimatum where you'd look scummy "to me" regardless of what you do. i wasnt actually making plans on how to vote based on what you did. i was bullshitting. but the fact that you chose the safe route of picking neither option and instead doing an uno reverse card on me makes me think you may actually be scum after all

.... What?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

this has got to be a fake opinion. if you're scum you'd better backpedal on it cuz it'd look real weird if you double down on thinking this

Here I thought I took the second option, the doubling down on pointing out how you had posted seriously since game start, but maybe I just have bad reading skills hey

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

i made my fake bullshit position pretty clear. backpedal on your vote and you look scummy cuz its what i suggested scum should do. double down and it looks scummy because i said it would be scummy to do.

obviously that would be terrible town decision-making if it wasnt bullshit. cuz you'd be scum no matter what.

but to my surprise you didnt do either of those things, and said the safest possible thing. that you were serious but not actually 100% serious, except NOW you are serious

Ah. Well Steak you tell me why I should have been 100% convinced already that posting dumb votefinder bullshit and annoying people makes you scum, and not have just used it as a point of contention to gauge your reaction

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I think Steak is angling for a big argument here so it'll look like a townie slapfight and he can get in the "only town Steak would get this worked up and be this argumentative" sweet spot

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

thats exactly why your initial vote was bad, and why you're playing it so safe rn to switch gears

How do you think D1 works? We don't have anything until we create something. That sometimes mean pressuring for something to react to. You're reaching so far to make it sound like I can only possibly have a genuine town opinion if I only cast a vote once I've become 100% convinced.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

In short, you're arguing in very bad faith and trying to push me into weirdass rhetorical nonsenseland where you can find something to drum up a case.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

not so. if you'd said the vote was a joke i would have dropped suspicion on you. i framed it as "something scum should do" so it would be harder for a lying scum to choose the option which would sound best to me.

of course a townie would just tell the truth, so my post shouldnt have affected their response one way or the other

Well it wasn't a joke. I thought your VF spam was annoying and stuck out as extra obnoxious after all you're "I'm so serious" early posturing. It doesn't really mean a whole lot in isolation or prove you're scum, but it was worth casting a vote to see what happened so I did.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

of course my position has evolved over the last few minutes. i know what its like to argue with well-meaning town and this does not feel like it

Well that sure does seem to happen to you a lot, I wonder why that is?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

can we please not rehash the whole "townies dont change their positions so much. except oh wait, they do." circular discussion that seems to happen in every game?

Um, yeah we can not seeing as that has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

besides, why are you getting on my case so hard for the thing you are admitting to doing...?

i bullshitted suspicion on you to gauge a reaction and now i think you're scum for real.

if you have a problem with that, maybe dont do literally the same exact thing...?

I was already voting you and already getting suspicious of how you reacted to me, since your very first post in reply. Which is what I said earlier.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

oh, i was jumping ahead in the conversation but i guess that means you dont need to have accountability for the things you imply. so lets back up.

could you explain why you think that happens to me a lot? your tone seems to indicate sarcasm, so you do suspect a reason, yes?

It means I've seen you get into a lot of big fights as both scum and town, and even when you're town they're often pitting you against townies because you get people real riled up with leading lines like "I guess that means you don't need to have accountability". You provoke people a lot.

I'm still ok so far cause I'm excited I might've caught you pushing a bit too far in bad faith for this to be one of the town times. But it is becoming frustrating yeah

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

ohhh u meant arguing happens to me a lot.

well yeah on d1 idk any better way to create content from nothing

Lol you just saw me do it with a very brief post and a vote but it's clear you can't even conceptualise of how this is town behavior so stick with what you know I guess

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the wildest loving way for jokephase to end.

Steak is always like this, but I'm not sure I've seen him get under Bif's skin like this before.

He literally lied about me saying no fun allowed when I put a lot of effort into making my fun Bojack references! He is not only willfully misunderstanding me for the sake of his fakecase, he is maligning my character to make me out as the fun police and that's a low blow.

Hell even my whole Sextina Aquafina bit is about me still having fun with allegedly killing jokephase (and townies )

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

of course, the fact that you're choosing to hang onto that talking point only strengthens my feelings that you're scum.

not that i think it makes for good evidence to convince others. it very much isn't

I hear your feelings that you are feeling I am scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

btw can we please let the record show that humalong is the one who did this, and i merely quoted it w bad formatting as a gag. idk why bif never expressed annoyance at hunalong's post but i want this to be clear

Yeah

It does show this

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugh, Hum was bad enough but I thought it was serious time, I thought jokephase was aborted Steak

##vote Steak

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

You prepared for trouble and made it double

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Sandwolf posted:

Wow I won’t read that and you can’t make me

This is what's really frustrating though. Just knowing that even if Steak spews out tons of evidence of doing a scummy frame job, I can't actually count on others to pay attention to where it's happening.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a slap fight, isn't it? Unless Steak is scum, and just being Steak, but that's a null tell. I don't think scum Bif would tilt this hard.

I am honoured you think this is a hard tilt for me, I do aim to be more chill these days

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Sandwolf posted:

@Bif/Steak if you really think the other is scum from that fight, each of you pull *one* quote from the other and explain why you think so

This is my one quote from Steak, it's also from right at the start so you only need to reread minimal context before it:

Mr. Steak posted:

this has got to be a fake opinion. if you're scum you'd better backpedal on it cuz it'd look real weird if you double down on thinking this

I had voted Steak while complaining about him making such an obnoxious VF-cluttering joke after promising such serious play, he asked what made me think things were serious, and I replied with "You". That was what got him to come screaming in all "this has got to be a fake opinion".

What is the opinion that he thinks is fake? That he had already noticably made a lot of serious posts and drew attention to it? That this made me think the game was getting serious now

But maybe saying my opinion was fake is fake. Steak later refers back to this post to call it just bullshitting. And he claims to just be doing the same thing as me, trying to see how I react.

Except look how I got him to react. I cast a vote clearly trying to prod him, and replied very simply to the weird question he asked me. He came in all calling me obviously fake and admittedly doing weird bullshit "traps" where no matter how I react he can surely find some way to say it's just convinced him further.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Sandwolf posted:

Hard disagree, it made me laugh!

I think this feels a little cheap Pmush, like you just want to cast some shade but don’t want to wade into the Steak/Bif thing

I'm actually getting suspicious of PMush too, after reflecting on the "hard tilt" comment a bit, it bugged me that when I'm trying to just make my points and not like argue argue, she called it that. It's like she's reaching out to get on my good side by saying I'm town, but then also painting me as having extreme reactions.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

really? my posts made you think the game was getting serious now? i find that interesting. and by interesting, i mean extremely dubious.

Here are a bunch of early seriousposts Steak had already made before I voted him.

Mr. Steak posted:

smh why do scum always post super early on day 1? something about getting pinged in discord? idk its just a trend i've noticed. and this is a weird "pretending to be jokephase" post...

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote sng

This first one was a serious-sounding observation, followed by a vote, then another serious observation to further support it:

Mr. Steak posted:

fyi last time i saw sandnavyguy use the "sand solidarity" thing on d1, he was an sk lol. so im wary of him bringing up the exact same thing

Then suggesting to PMush that she could join the SNG vote, when SNG voted her:

Mr. Steak posted:

u are lucky because u can immediately omgus on scum

Followed by suggesting it's scumbus banter when she fails to vote SNG back:

Mr. Steak posted:

smh i was hoping it was not an obvious bus from sng but you have disappointed me

And finally, outright saying he wants to be serious:

Mr. Steak posted:

im determined to kill jokephase before it begins. and any player desperate to cling to it for longer than 1 or 2 posts is scum

Mr. Steak posted:

ive gotta sleep soon so i'll do my proper d1 solve the game routine after everyone else has checked in

Ironically these posts sounded more like a joke to me, but in a comedic hyperbole, kidding-on-the-square kind of way. He had already begun playing seriously, and was now drawing attention to the fact he was playing seriously.

Then he makes a jokepost that repeats Hum's VF spam and I say:

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Steak

He gives this dodgy post in direct reply to me:

Mr. Steak posted:

And this is when I answered "You." Steak's own actions of taking the game seriously made me think that at least he was now playing seriously, and that it was odd for him to pretend now like he wasn't. Or maybe he was just trying to act evasively around my vote.

It's also odd that he's acting now like "wow Bif, just cause little old me posted, that made you think the game was serious?! Pshaw!" It only takes one player breaking the ice to kick things off. Even if everyone else keeps joking, choosing not to engage when there are serious points and opinions out there becomes a choice and a position. The whole interplay that Steak was waxing poetic about not too long ago.

At every single turn, Steak goes out of his way to find or manufacture the absolute worst light to paint my posts in, and that is why I think he's scum himself rather than trying way too hard to actually find scum.

Mr. Steak posted:

see my selected bif quote earlier, for her getting super frustrated at things that would only probably frustrate her if she's scum

The "super" is in the eye of the beholder. I thought maybe it was fair enough for PMush to think I was "hard tilting" when she's not played many games with me, but I think you should know better, Steak?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

And I can already hear Steak queuing up a post complaining about how his PMush posts totally weren't serious!! Well it looked like the kind of thing I was trying to initially do with my Steak vote. Things aren't serious yet cause they can't be, you got nothing, but you're seriously attempting to prompt and assess a reaction. And we're getting caught up in so much endless minutia over things that are getting so far away from where we started.

Steak came in admittedly bullshitting, and saying my opinion just had to be fake. He was wrong. It's frustrating, and he's gone out of his way to act frustrating on purpose so he can then say I'm scummy for being frustrated.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Oh btw Steak I was reading back trying to see if I'm being too harsh and this could just be your misguided bulldog townie routine, but I hit this post again and I literally have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here

Mr. Steak posted:

oh, i was jumping ahead in the conversation but i guess that means you dont need to have accountability for the things you imply. so lets back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Steak posted:

i'd misunderstood you. it doesnt make sense anymore

Omfg let's leave it at that then