Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

you can drag out all my posts and give your commentary if you want. you wont be able to change the narrative that you thought i was causing the game to be more serious.

something tells me the majority of your effort this game will go towards weaseling your way out of that. you shoulda taken my advice to backpedal it when u had the chance

...or not.

I do not want to change the "narrative" that I thought you were causing the game to be more serious because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU STEAK

I don't even care about town and scum anymore I just want to know how what alternate universe have I fallen into where I think I'm typing English and it's not working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DGK2000 posted:

Way to read the thread, BTW. You've missed this like this when you were scum before. Not seen you miss things like this as town, seeing as you actively read the thread then. It's not like there were three pages between them.

Missed what? That's the whole point. I went to check your posts before I posted that, thinking I must have missed something, and you'd only had two posts for Sandwolf to ignore since the game opened. One was just emptyquoting Amni's pregame desire to turbo me. The other was this:

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Sandwolf convince me you aren't scumbo

That early on D1, I took that as simply a joke but my comprehension skills are clearly in serious doubt this game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DGK2000 posted:

Townies change their thoughts based on feelings and you yourself have said this numerous times in other games. You post is disingenuous as hell.

My "this happens a lot" was in response to the bolded section below.

Mr. Steak posted:

of course my position has evolved over the last few minutes. i know what its like to argue with well-meaning town and this does not feel like it

Steak and I managed to clear this up later

Mr. Steak posted:

could you explain why you think that happens to me a lot?

Bifauxnen posted:

It means I've seen you get into a lot of big fights as both scum and town, and :words:

Mr. Steak posted:

ohhh u meant arguing happens to me a lot.

But I'll just sit on this draft for a while and see if you bother to correct yourself when you get there hey

Oh nvm Steak spoiled it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am frustrated!

Just not super hard tilt frustrated. I'm not mad at anyone I just hate when I bother to drop my fun tone to spell out and explain a lot of poo poo and all I get is words no work good

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aaaaaa Sci you are wonderful as always but whenever someone actually gets me I get so paranoid it's a Jafar situation

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DGK I could buy being just a very misguided townie actually, that small Sandwolf kerfuffle is giving me some early-detection buildup-to-merkfight vibes

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

i cant suspect dgk after he just agreed with me so much.

Fuckin lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Wow lot of posts to get through this morning!

My feelings so far, bif/steak slap fights feels like they are mostly talking past each other, although I thought it was pretty obvious that steak was joking with his earlier “serious” posting and I’m not sure why bif is if pretending that his quote of hummalong was him uncharacteristically going back to joking.

Wait what

Ok first of all, how would him going back to joking be "uncharacteristic"

Second of all, do you think all of his posts since start of game have been joking, third of all why does that even matter when I just fuckin voted him cause he annoyed me with his joke being so annoying spamming up votefinder it made me go "wtf is this poo poo, what happened to murdering jokephase"

Fourth of all, what am I "pretending" I didn't even say anything about his Hum post until just a bit afo cause I'd already assembled a bunch of serious posts to quote on my phone and that seemed like enough to illustrate but Steak was all "but wait you didn't quote literally every post of mine" and he's like look I went back to joking but I don't loving care because it was something to poke him on and it worked I don't CARE how many jokeposts he had in between or whether a certain one was actually a joke it has nothing to do with anything that happened when he decided to flip the gently caress out over my vote

##vote obama

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all, only slightly hungover so that's good

Amnistar posted:

You're doing it wrong steak.

Lol this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok feeling more awake now, I don't think a Steak lunch is gonna happen today but I do keep coming back to that Obama post:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Wow lot of posts to get through this morning!

My feelings so far, bif/steak slap fights feels like they are mostly talking past each other, although I thought it was pretty obvious that steak was joking with his earlier “serious” posting and I’m not sure why bif is if pretending that his quote of hummalong was him uncharacteristically going back to joking.

I could understand people skimming through and not really wanting to read the whole fight, but this paragraph seems like such a nonsense read of situation. I cannot see how any of it logically follows at all from anything we said or what the purpose is except to drop in this idea that I'm "pretending" about something and keep me in as the lowkey #3 on his to-lunch list

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And my point is it doesn't even loving matter how many posts of his were serious or which ones, I just wanted to bug Steak and vote him cause the VF joke made me annoyed, and used the "I thought you were killing jokephase" as a way to make it sting a bit more and see if he'd have an interesting reaction.

Which he did. And he's proven he understands the whole concept of trying to create content by pressing people to observe them. Yet he's trying to push this idea that my actions and mindset couldn't possibly be town, he can't even conceive of it, because if I'm town I shouldn't have seen X post as serious or Y post as joking, as if that is some kind of actual evidence and has any relevance at all to what I was actually doing.

Ugh yknow what I gotta still try, I know the urge to assume any drawn-out talking-past-each-other engagement is a townie slapfight is powerful but I don't think it's right.

##vote Steak

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Please just lunch either him or me so this can end

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Guys I'm actually a 3P survivorish role and even though it is not in my best interest to overtly hunt scum and get NK'ed, actually it's in my best interests to get townies lunched, I figured I should just play like normal cause it's so hard for me not to and I often end up wrong anyway so hey it could work out.

So it is probably in your best interests to lunch me but I just want you all to know that Steak is still wrong and is dense as gently caress.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah at this point I honestly don't have a freaking clue if he's town or not. I know he's certainly capable of being this difficult as town, so it could be a slapfight but it just never stops, you know? If he isn't doing this on purpose and maliciously it's just completely missing the point at every single turn and I'd just like that to be known that this is an honest opinion.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

welp I got a brain that can't stop picking at things

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

no hard feelings. u'll see in my confessional that i didnt want to fight with you. i think you're a good player so i was scared to go against you so openly. ive seen you play REALLY well as scum so you would definitely not be my first pick of who to tunnel.

if youve actually been genuine in your posting all game then im sorry for misinterpreting. but no i havent intentionally exacerbated things

I really just want to figure out exactly how the hell you understand things this way lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

One more honest observation I can share though is I wondered if maybe a bunch of other people had goofy 3P twists on the classic survivor too. Since Cena mentioned a lot of people having questions about their roles... but who knows.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Least Amni will be happy, I was quite relieved to see self-aligned so I knew it wouldn't spoil the game balance if he was serious about that poo poo, haha

The fact that he did ease off it as the day went on was good, though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

drat, maybe steak is scum and we have 2 non town solids on D1? I’m still hard pressing the steak angle but I can’t argue with a 3p survivor lunch.

It's not quite a survivor, I'm a misanthrope! So it suits me well :sun:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

What could she possibly have to gain?

I think the joke is that he's already voting me :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!