Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

If Jonathan Cena agrees to tell me what the image in the OP is from, I will pledge my (metaphysical) body to this game and submit a costume to wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Lol its perfect

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

my submission

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Also going on purely statistics it has to be

##vote DB

me rolling scum three games in a row is highly unlikely, statistically

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

OMGUS

##vote Mr. Steak

I mean, I agree ##vote Mr. Steak for immediately and suspiciously attempting to kill joke phase with a badly reasoned vote, but wouldn't OMGUS be you voting SNG instead of Steak?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Math is for NERDS

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I want to become David S. Pumpkins when I grow up

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sirtommygunn posted:

That's not a denial, DB.

I am not scum this game. I am town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

DB scumbro spotted

Perhaps it is you who is a brother to the scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Where is this coming from? Don't put serious votes in my mouth. I'll gently caress up scumhunting when I drat well want to.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

We have now entered "The Serious Time". Please, only serious posts during this time, thank you.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

jokes are important because scum dont overthink their posts as much when it's lighthearted or they think people wont pay much attention.

but the jokes are only valuable if we look at them critically.
i mean, they have entertainment value because they're fun, but i mean value for the gameplay.

thats probably my favorite nuance of this game. the way the conversation ebbs and flows around jokes can reveal a lot about the actual alignment of the players involved.

(sorry for waxing philosophic for a sec)

the critical analysis comes only after DEATH

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

I think Steak is angling for a big argument here so it'll look like a townie slapfight and he can get in the "only town Steak would get this worked up and be this argumentative" sweet spot

This is exactly what it looks like except you are complicit and possibly also scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Joke phase only ends for cowards

You looked at the vote leaders and agreed to vote any of them in the interest of ... what

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

if you're catching up and accidentally skipped to my post, you can skip page 6 and probably this page

Is... is this a joke... during Serious Time!?!

lol, but also suggesting not reading the game is suss.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

At work tomorrow I will read through the slap fight and attempt to summarize it for the thread

I rescind my suss from my last post.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Did I stutter?

touche. What if you were turboed today?

##vote opoppo retro futurino

Come on everyone, turbo RF with me for those sweet sweet candie powers we can win

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm not getting much of a read on either Bif or Steak, I do however feel that DB is making an effort to be vocal and useful, in sharp contrast to the Worm game where they were scum and just stayed in the background. I'm not sure if this is how they play town or if its an overadjustment to fix what got them caught last game.

I like this post. What bothers me a little, is your willingness to be cuddled today. Are you a jester?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sandnavyguy posted:

This early Day 1 in a currently pure vanilla game when the only posts of major note for nearly 2 pages was seemingly a less performative gambit than usual?

Not really.

There are many post interactions flying around for us all to break down soon, sure, and I alluded to one of the more suspicious ones, but I think some early pressure is in order.

There is certainly some content to comment on which is guiding me to see who might be lurking scum not participating so far.

Amni - low post count, but read earnest. Has an actual reason to vote me. Leaning town for Amni.

Obama - Low post count, but the content within is good. Looks like they actually took the time and effort to read the Bif/Steak interaction in depth. Leaning town for OA.

AA/IA (amalgam) - Low post count over half of which are jokey, the other posts are lazy latching on to established cases/suss. Seems scummy to me. Not too good of a look so far.

Humalong - very very paltry collection of posts so far, none of which seem particularly bad (other than the votefinder tomfoolery, but that is alignment neutral imo). Hum will be looking suss if they don't make good on their intent to make some comments/reads on the Bif/steak interactions. I'm null on Hum atm.

STG - Once again, paltry showing thus far. Lighthearted, but also seeming to lack conviction for a take. It's early, I know, but we now have content to read over. Giving me bad gutfeels but I know they are pretty new so I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now. Null read but I'll be following their progress moving forward with interest.

##vote AA

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Fwiw the Bif/steak thing does read like a town slapfight, but I am paranoid that one or both of them are using well established meta (particularly Steak's earlygame town meta) as a smokescreen. Maybe I'm 4D chessing it too hard, but I'm not going to write them off just yet.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Amnistar posted:

STG/DB scum team.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I agree that OA's take on Steak's level of seriousness/intent earlier isn't great. Even I thought it possible Steak was being legit serious with their day opener.

First post after game start:

Mr. Steak posted:

smh why do scum always post super early on day 1? something about getting pinged in discord? idk its just a trend i've noticed. and this is a weird "pretending to be jokephase" post...

Third ":

Mr. Steak posted:

fyi last time i saw sandnavyguy use the "sand solidarity" thing on d1, he was an sk lol. so im wary of him bringing up the exact same thing

A few after third:

Mr. Steak posted:

im determined to kill jokephase before it begins. and any player desperate to cling to it for longer than 1 or 2 posts is scum

This doesn't read to me like Steak was being flippant and jokey, which makes OA's take look disingenuous and unnecessarily shady. Would vote OA today but I still like my current vote and probably won't budge unless we face a NL situation.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

##vote bif

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

What are the odds Bif is scum and this is some kind of last-ditch play?

the odds are 100% Bif isn't town by their own admission.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

So PMush and Amnistar both have pretty low quality wishy washy posts D1, Iím equally suspicious of both of them.

I want to hear DBís reasoning for changing his mind on me D1 based on no new information, itís like he is just cribbing other peopleís opinions rather than forming one himself. Overall not feeling great about him

Looking over hummalongís posts there isnít much to work with, he suspected STG based on one weird post but that was about it, nothing conclusive in my mind to indicate why he was targeted

##vote PMush

Would also switch to amnistar

Bif changed my mind, the post that Bif quoted:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Wow lot of posts to get through this morning!

My feelings so far, bif/steak slap fights feels like they are mostly talking past each other, although I thought it was pretty obvious that steak was joking with his earlier ďseriousĒ posting and Iím not sure why bif is if pretending that his quote of hummalong was him uncharacteristically going back to joking.

This pinged me when I read it as well and I think I made my first judgement of you based on the whole of your posting, but Bif convinced me you were suspicious because I disagreed with your take on Steak's joking vs. serious posting. I was wrong to believe Bif, but fortunately she made it easy on us all and self destructed.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

eh, why the gently caress not ##vote db

lazy me-too vote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I'm going with my D1 read of IA/AA being scum for the reason I outlined previously. ##vote AA

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

which are...

Dick Bastardly posted:

There is certainly some content to comment on which is guiding me to see who might be lurking scum not participating so far.

Amni - low post count, but read earnest. Has an actual reason to vote me. Leaning town for Amni.

Obama - Low post count, but the content within is good. Looks like they actually took the time and effort to read the Bif/Steak interaction in depth. Leaning town for OA.

AA/IA (amalgam) - Low post count over half of which are jokey, the other posts are lazy latching on to established cases/suss. Seems scummy to me. Not too good of a look so far.

Humalong - very very paltry collection of posts so far, none of which seem particularly bad (other than the votefinder tomfoolery, but that is alignment neutral imo). Hum will be looking suss if they don't make good on their intent to make some comments/reads on the Bif/steak interactions. I'm null on Hum atm.

STG - Once again, paltry showing thus far. Lighthearted, but also seeming to lack conviction for a take. It's early, I know, but we now have content to read over. Giving me bad gutfeels but I know they are pretty new so I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now. Null read but I'll be following their progress moving forward with interest.

##vote AA

Nothing has changed to this point, so I'm going with my original suss.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

whatcha think of PMush

I don't really get what the case on Pmush is tbh

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

But even beyond that... what developments did you expect day 1 into the first few game hours of day 2?

Did you kill Hum?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

the way she's kind of popping in and popping out, never really trying to do anything, just enough to be 'present' but absolutely no interest in seeking out scum

I know this feels weak but if you read through their post history, she responds to stuff without much conviction, responds to some of my prods, just seems more eager to keep disappearing into the background

I could say the same for AA imo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I think AA actually cares a bit, whereas I just get nothing from PMush

It's really crazy and weird because that's how I feel about pmush kinda lol

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

to clarify: if you switch pmush and AA in your postulation..

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

No, I tried to get cool powers from candy like any reasonable non-guilty person would do, and got some boring-rear end vanilla candy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

yeah I could see DB now

afraid to vote?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

no? nothing to say to that DB?

why didn't you vote me in the same post you sussed me in?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

do *you* think that's scummy or not?

yeah, I do think it's a bit scummy, in fact

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

then why haven't you voted me in any of your posts you're sussing me in? lol

Lol!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

that's a whole lotta psycho babel, but yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I think SNG's wishy washy vote on Bif was suss because Bif confessed that the optimal play for her was to lunch townies (see bolded text):

Bifauxnen posted:

Guys I'm actually a 3P survivorish role and even though it is not in my best interest to overtly hunt scum and get NK'ed, actually it's in my best interests to get townies lunched, I figured I should just play like normal cause it's so hard for me not to and I often end up wrong anyway so hey it could work out.

So it is probably in your best interests to lunch me but I just want you all to know that Steak is still wrong and is dense as gently caress.

SNG's wishy washy Bif vote:

sandnavyguy posted:

... I mean...

Well.

drat, maybe steak is scum and we have 2 non town solids on D1? Iím still hard pressing the steak angle but I canít argue with a 3p survivor lunch.

Though it sucks, and Iíd rather lunch steak first before he gets a candy bar and kills us all, because a survivor can Technically help town it wouldnít be my first choice...

3p is a solid lunch. Sorry bif

##vote bif

SNG's vote post with the false hope narrative that Bif could potentially help town (in spite of their own admission), ergo Steak is the better lunch between the two. I don't see town making an argument to keep a self admitted non-pro-town 3p alive in favor to lunch another player that we don't have information on that points definitively to their alignment. Bif gave testimony to their own non-town alignment and was rightfully lunched for it.

##vote SNG