Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Well it wasn't a joke. I thought your VF spam was annoying and stuck out as extra obnoxious after all you're "I'm so serious" early posturing. It doesn't really mean a whole lot in isolation or prove you're scum, but it was worth casting a vote to see what happened so I did.

i appreciate it. this sparked discussion, and certainly sparked some critical mafia thinking in me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont have the presence of mind to explain the particulars of my thought process here, but this conversation as a whole has put you fairly high on my scum list

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Well that sure does seem to happen to you a lot, I wonder why that is?

can we please not rehash the whole "townies dont change their positions so much. except oh wait, they do." circular discussion that seems to happen in every game?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
besides, why are you getting on my case so hard for the thing you are admitting to doing...?

i bullshitted suspicion on you to gauge a reaction and now i think you're scum for real.

if you have a problem with that, maybe dont do literally the same exact thing...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Um, yeah we can not seeing as that has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about

oh, i was jumping ahead in the conversation but i guess that means you dont need to have accountability for the things you imply. so lets back up.

Bifauxnen posted:

Well that sure does seem to happen to you a lot, I wonder why that is?

could you explain why you think that happens to me a lot? your tone seems to indicate sarcasm, so you do suspect a reason, yes?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

I was already voting you and already getting suspicious of how you reacted to me, since your very first post in reply. Which is what I said earlier.

i dont see the difference, but its no matter. none of this conversation will be admissible as evidence in the mafia court, and it has already served its purpose of making me view you suspiciously in the future, so lets drop it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ohhh u meant arguing happens to me a lot.

well yeah on d1 idk any better way to create content from nothing

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry if youre town and im frustrating you. i always aim to be frustrating to scum players only

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"always" when im town, i should say

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol you just saw me do it with a very brief post and a vote but it's clear you can't even conceptualise of how this is town behavior so stick with what you know I guess

dont give yourself credit for making me post words. thats about as easy as things get lmao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you made a drive-by vote which wou would have sat on silently for who knows how long if i didn't prod you aggressively about it. lets not get it twisted

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i said that to tease you because you spent all game joking until recently. lets not make a big deal out of that thing where i say things that are so obviously false they dont even qualify as lies

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
of course, the fact that you're choosing to hang onto that talking point only strengthens my feelings that you're scum.

not that i think it makes for good evidence to convince others. it very much isn't

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fwiw i have never thought u are the fun police, bif.

only the police of saying you wont have fun and THEN having fun.

:P

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought your VF spam was annoying

btw can we please let the record show that humalong is the one who did this, and i merely quoted it w bad formatting as a gag. idk why bif never expressed annoyance at hunalong's post but i want this to be clear

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

if you're catching up and accidentally skipped to my post, you can skip page 6 and probably this page

2nded. it was useful for me because i can proceed w the knowledge that bif is scum. but its just clutter for the rest of y'all. sorry

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

This is what's really frustrating though. Just knowing that even if Steak spews out tons of evidence of doing a scummy frame job, I can't actually count on others to pay attention to where it's happening.

welcome to the life. ive learned to accept it for what it is. a personal conversation where we both get personal impressions of the other, but dont hope to use the conversation as evidence later cuz nobody will care

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats not to say i probably wont still try though!! lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

@Bif/Steak if you really think the other is scum from that fight, each of you pull *one* quote from the other and explain why you think so

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, I got no problem mixing jokes with serious posts and letting jokephase live a while longer, it was just obnoxious how Steak dumped all that after he'd just been all "I'm gonna kill jokephase! Anyone who makes more than one or two jokeposts is scum!" so it was worth a prod.

And then he reacted all "what made you think things are serious??" as if there isn't a button to let me read all his previous posts

He's already lining up the threats and OMGUS too all "oh if Bif wasn't joking, I'll vote her cause that can't possibly be a real opinion"

It is now meatface

explanation pending, but i immediately knew this is the quote i'd use to summarize bif here

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[pls click below to see bif's full post]

Bifauxnen posted:

That was what got him to come screaming in all "this has got to be a fake opinion".
you literally just quoted the entirety of my "screaming". nice job being a hypocrite while complaining about pmush, quote,

Bifauxnen posted:

painting me as having extreme reactions.

quote:

What is the opinion that he thinks is fake? That he had already noticably made a lot of serious posts and drew attention to it? That this made me think the game was getting serious now
really? my posts made you think the game was getting serious now? i find that interesting. and by interesting, i mean extremely dubious. all you need to do is click on the little ? on my posts and you can see which of my posts i made *after* talking about killing jokephase. one of those posts was a link to a horrible amazon item, and the rest were hardly serious either. and yet, it was MY posts that made bif think the game was starting to get serious? that sounds fake and i called it out as such. regardless of bif's alignment or whether she was trying to get a reaction out of me, there is simply not a chance that her presumed opinion on the game's seriousness was genuine. she is either town who lied to get a reaction from me, or scum. either way her original answer of "you" was a lie, or else bif has some major explaining to do in order for that response to make a lick of sense.

quote:

But maybe saying my opinion was fake is fake. Steak later refers back to this post to call it just bullshitting. And he claims to just be doing the same thing as me, trying to see how I react.
the lovely ultimatum was fake. your answer did ping me. that was real.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't think Bif would fake tilting this hard.

fwiw me neither. i think bif is scum and my ultimatums + probably perceiving me as catching her for dumb reasons has genuinely frustrated her

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
see my selected bif quote earlier, for her getting super frustrated at things that would only probably frustrate her if she's scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Ironically these posts sounded more like a joke to me, but in a comedic hyperbole, kidding-on-the-square kind of way. He had already begun playing seriously, and was now drawing attention to the fact he was playing seriously.

Then he makes a jokepost that repeats Hum's VF spam

okay and what about the 4 posts i made in the 8.5 hours between those posts?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh btw Steak I was reading back trying to see if I'm being too harsh and this could just be your misguided bulldog townie routine, but I hit this post again and I literally have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here

i'd misunderstood you. it doesnt make sense anymore

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can drag out all my posts and give your commentary if you want. you wont be able to change the narrative that you thought i was causing the game to be more serious.

something tells me the majority of your effort this game will go towards weaseling your way out of that. you shoulda taken my advice to backpedal it when u had the chance

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Y'all should be fact-checking bif by looking at my post history, but I understand some people might not put in the effort, so here. I have excluded *none* of my posts posts from this selection.

Mr. Steak posted:

im determined to kill jokephase before it begins. and any player desperate to cling to it for longer than 1 or 2 posts is scum

4 minutes later...

Mr. Steak posted:

ive gotta sleep soon so i'll do my proper d1 solve the game routine after everyone else has checked in

8 hours, 26 minutes later...

Mr. Steak posted:

humalong is town this game.

u r welcome for my infallible humdar

4 minutes later...

Mr. Steak posted:

weirdly serious post.

##vote db
[yes you saw that right, here i am voting somebody for being too serious]

1 minute later...

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah btw teeth aren't made out of bone. ENAMEL is different than bone you IDIOT

1 hour, 14 minutes later...

4 hours, 12 minutes later...

[the votefinder post that bif has been talking about]

Bif has made it very clear that she's sticking to her story that my posts made her think the game was getting serious, and that my votefinder fuckery post was a strange reversal from my earlier seriousposting. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about how likely you think it was that bif actually thought that.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

Townies change their thoughts based on feelings and you yourself have said this numerous times in other games. You post is disingenuous as hell.

aah! you misinterpreted this post the exact same way i did!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what bif meant (i learned later) is that *fighting with townies* happens to me a lot

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

Well jokephase twilight was fun, but...

##vote Steak

Bifs posting so far is perfectly in line with how they act when they are town, and I dont see them as super frustrated so much as locking onto a possible target and not letting up, which she tends to do if she feels theres a lead.

Steak is acting chaotic as per usual, and would normally be a null vote but the early and more direct cuts of their hyperbole seems... not as performative laissez faire as his usual townie self, generally they are more scattershot and less ready to tango with an attcker this early, instead continuing to provoke at near random. Here though, they seem ready to lock horns with bif and lay out structured rhetoric.

more importantly, my gut is telling me this isnt bussing or a town slapfight, and of the two Im leaning on Steak for scum.

Im a tad sus that DGK is bussing Sandwolf, but that may just be a red herring. What say you to this Nurse?

do you have anything not meta to say?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh and im flattered that you think my rhetoric is structured.

<3

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
general response to sng and sandwolf:

of course bif is acting normal. scum dont tend to just... stand out in this game. did i say i got gut feelings about bif or sensed something in her tone? no. please look at the things she has *said* and observe how those things do not mesh with reality.

seriously, i want everyone to do a couple steps, in this order.

1: examine the thread/my posts at the time shortly before bif's original vote on me.
2: draw conclusions about whether i appeared to be serious in thread at that time
3: compare your conclusions to bif's conclusion that i was quite serious.

bif has still not softened on her position that i'd caused her to believe thread was exiting jokephase. there is no way that position is genuine

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WITH THE BULLSHIT REMOVED MANUALLY

Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (3): Amnistar, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (3): PMush Perfect, Scientastic, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, PMush Perfect, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Dick Bastardly, sandnavyguy
Sandwolf (1): DGK2000,
PMush Perfect (1): sandnavyguy, Scientastic, Scientastic, Sandwolf, sandnavyguy
Retro Futurist (1): sirtommygunn, Sandwolf, sirtommygunn, Dick Bastardly, Sandwolf
sandnavyguy (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Scientastic
Idle Amalgam (1): PMush Perfect,
Scientastic (1): Idle Amalgam,
Dick Bastardly (1): ObamaAkbar., Scientastic, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Scientastic

Not Voting (1): sirtommygunn

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 09th, 2020 at 1 p.m. PST -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i cant suspect dgk after he just agreed with me so much.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope sng is town cuz that would (apparently) make this our 5th game in a row where he was wrong about my alignment. and that would be really funny

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

and lol steak if Im wrong 5 times in a row from now on I'll only vote you when Im positive you're the most angelic of towns.

u still have time to change your opinion before the end of the game (or your death). nothing is locked in stone!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a lot of in depth meta talk this game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lets all take the "dont use meta reasoning" challenge

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

Ok, he avoided responding to me and proceeded to continue posting very very little in the way of content. When pointed out, acknowledged he was doing so and continued to be white noise.

i definitely agree that sandwolf could be scummy (and if he is, we totally got him dead-to-rights defending bif), but the whole "ignoring you" thing isnt a strong case at all. if i were sandwolf i probably would have ignored the post too

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
about the white noise posting and noncommital comments though, agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its not worth pursuing bif more at this time. she has switched off of me and out of respect i'll do the same for her.

##vote amnistar