Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Stop giving the refs weighty dialog to deliver

Roman is the face for adhering to the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The best moments are Roman just casually reacting to his surroundings, going "Might as well close this" and "I am looking at him" made me lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"This ain't it, tribal chief" - Jimmy Uso

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
In an alternate universe this match would have been 1/3rd as long and you could look forward to a build where the Usos are Roman's disgruntled muscle until Wrestlemania, when they turn to support their old tag rival Big E

Instead, this

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Kirios posted:

After doing a little further investigation, I think you guys are actually in the minority on this one. Most people seemed to love it.

Passionate WWE fans have low standards for storytelling/acting/match quality, that's not surprising

I think the broad strokes of the story were solid but it was a bloated match with a ton of overwrought dialog that was almost beat-for-beat identical to a PPV match a month ago. Jey and Roman did their best but making this kind of melodrama work for 45 minutes is almost impossible, especially when the winner is a foregone conclusion.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Love to have commentary make fat jokes about a fan favorite wrestler with the right to a championship shot. Great way to build up characters

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This company hates its fans lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1320521494448001024

If I ran a company I would probably prefer for my corporate social media accounts to avoid shining a light on our miserable one-note storytelling (also they didn't even include Fire & Desire lol)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lol at Bayley going "Get her back!" and the ref going "Uh...I can't?"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Table meteora owned

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bayley responding to commentary >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roman monologues

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lmao "I'm sweaty, can you do this for me"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sick finish, great match

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Intruder posted:

Oh god is Randy/Drew going to be 40 minutes

Bonus points if Orton wins then Miz cashes in

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Very cool dramatic shot of Ali after one guy kicked his entire stable's rear end, can't wait to see where this goes from here

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I love that this video package has to pretend this match didn't also happen at SummerSlam

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is a WMOTYC if Randy isn't wearing tearaway pants

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
(stares at LED post) I think I'm gonna ram this guy into a fence

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
No tearaway pants AND they cut away from him taking them off, I'm out

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Immediately turning my back on the dude with the steel pipe so I can yell

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Look, I thought it was lame as gently caress, but I understand how people enjoyed the Roman-Jey match. This is just...nothing. I don't know why they would have this main event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
So the two paths from here are:

1. Randy vs. Drew again
2. Drew doesn't get another title shot despite kicking Randy's rear end for several months and beating him at two other PPVs

I'm gonna go ahead and call another miserable Fiend title build