Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaguars!

I smiled and waved back. I have no idea who he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

He had a chin. On it he wore stubble, as a man might at the end of labour weekend. I know many such men.

He drove a white van. I failed to take note of the number plate or the make and model

Jaguars!

I think he wore a plain white t-shirt, if there was a print on it it was obscured. There were children in his van, one boy with short blonde hair and two girls with long blonde hair. If lined up I would imagine they would form a line by height that indicates that they werre born about two years apart.

Jaguars!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Lol maybe he was on the way to the fake sushi grass factory to cut variations in the sushi grass pieces. Like an artisan. :thunk:

This is possible, there was a handle that looked like maybe part of a lawnmoer in the back of the van.

Jaguars!

Luvcow posted:

is this man perhaps a cryptid?

I don't remember meeting any Cryptids, I'm thinking maybe more likely that be belonged to my old football club, which had many people with similar jawlines and kids

Jaguars!

I'm doing it; I'm going for another run but this time I have a plan [I will smile and wave back]. I will report if it happens again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

I did not see the man although there were a number of suspicious incidents:
  • A young overweight man clipping his hedge while not wearing a shirt. The presence of a tattoo may indicate his sympathies lie with the man in hat and glasses, but no hostile actions such as friendly actions were observed.
  • A Jaguar saloon was seen moving under it's own power with no cylinders misfiring, but this might be explained by the engine having been swapped with that of a lesser car.
  • There was a bad moment when a man wearing sunglasses drove a maroon ford falcon past at a clip, but on closer inspection he was not wearing a hat and it appeared that the wearing of the years would not allow his look of general hostility and suspicion to change into a friendly grin and wave under any conditions.

I think that some circumstances may have contributed to the lack of reoccurrence:
  • the weather was 9/10ths overcast whereas the first encounter was during fine weather
  • This run was earlier in the morning than the previous run, and activities of the man involving the transport of children (and lawnmowers) along a set route may happen at a specific times of day
  • The first encounter took place on the final day of a long weekend, it is possible that the first encounter took place due to special circumstances.

Overall I am satisfied that this morning's run has gone some way towards reclaiming the streets, although I am still considering filing a report with the police, not to accuse the man in hat and dark glasses of a crime but to encourage the police to keep a look out for people of his description.

I think to cut down on your administration load, I am not planning to report further unless a positive sighting is made.