Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Basic Chunnel posted:

The narrative around her turning down AEW seemed to revolve around Cody hyping her in the press as a big deal, now she drops out of a top spot in a big annual show?* Maybe she’s not one to handle pressure well.

Not everybody in the business can be a glory hogging carnie, but still. It helps.

* Granted, the big annual show of a dirt indie, but still

I don't know how you take someone straight up saying they're leaving the business because they're unwell and glibly write it off as simply not being able to handle pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1334361723491368962?s=21
Capitalizing on the Buzz.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Was tonight taped during the latest tapings, or are they live?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't know much about Impact's current roster but I can't imagine AEW benefitting much from signing any of them. Excluding some of the women. Of course at this point I think AEW should only be signing standout developmental workers/transcendent talents/women so maybe YMMV.

There are a few one offs I’d like to see within the tag divisions (mainly involving MCMG and to a lesser extent The North) and I am interested to see the timeline where Cody goes beyond the flirting on Twitter stage of trying to bring Bey in. Other than than that, I also don’t see anyone outside of the Knockouts division I’d be hyped for AEW to sign long term.