Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

echinopsis posted:

and with that tonight i’m going to an open mic comedy evening to drink beer and laugh at people and if i’m lucky* I won’t be hungover tomorrow

*pure luck, I have no control over this

speaking of hangovers I was going to try freeze concentrating my own applejack but apparently the methanol doesn't really separate out and so you can't have more than a couple shots otherwise you *will* have the mother of all hangovers despite it generally only being around 30%

and frankly I'm not sure if I want to try my luck at fractional distillation to boil off the methanol and then stop the process to bring the rest back down to normal drinking temperature (a process that I am wholly unfamiliar with and also not sure if it legally counts as manufacture of a distilled beverage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

rotor posted:

talk about owned

time makes dicks of us all

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Kazinsal posted:

speaking of hangovers I was going to try freeze concentrating my own applejack but apparently the methanol doesn't really separate out and so you can't have more than a couple shots otherwise you *will* have the mother of all hangovers despite it generally only being around 30%

and frankly I'm not sure if I want to try my luck at fractional distillation to boil off the methanol and then stop the process to bring the rest back down to normal drinking temperature (a process that I am wholly unfamiliar with and also not sure if it legally counts as manufacture of a distilled beverage)

are you going to let the man tell you not to brew your own moonshine?

hillbillies have been doing it for hundreds of years and they seem pretty on the ball

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

The Management posted:

drat, I gotta get me a threadripper and a new graphics card.

I’ve got like ten i have made it in life!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

time makes dicks of us all

some sooner than others

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
distilling ya own booze is totally legal here in nz and i’ve met one dude who does it ever and a couple stories about people getting drunk on someone else’s spirits. amazing to think any country really fears it

it’s also legal to grow tobacco here for personal use but no one bothers instead they make themselves very poor smoking highly taxed cigs

now if i could legally grow magic mushrooms imagine the fun I could have. instead I’m forced to drink beer

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Open mic comedy is good fun even if the acts are bad. Especially with a good mate and your drink of choice.

You have talked about your joy in the 'pos before, and you are also a source of joy. have a CHCH Joy Bar

lmao the comedy night wasn’t even on, they tried it once at this bar and didn’t take off. oh well. went home early and drunk talked my gfs rear end off i’m sure she was enthralled at my inanity. thanks for the joy bar :)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
look at mister showing off that he can go to public places because his country doesn’t have a deadly plague anymore

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

145k/year fully remote + 5% OTE bonus. occasionally think about going to a faamg type and gettin the bigger bucks but, eh

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The Management posted:

look at mister showing off that he can go to public places because his country doesn’t have a deadly plague anymore

oh yeah I forgot about that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

fucks me off this dude yesterday was complaining to me that he can’t fly to fiji coz they have no covid, and it’s like, gently caress mate, most of the world can’t do poo poo, youre hanging around in the best-off covid-wise country in the developed world, and you have this fuckin entitled white dude attitude that if you got money you should be able to buy whatever you want. have some appreciation for what we have for gods sake.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
would I trade not having a deadly plague for a threadripper and a rtx 3080? 🤔

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what the gently caress can you do in Fiji that you can’t do in Taihape???

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
get that new virus, zika.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Just want to mention Echi that what u do (giving ppl drugs) is vastly more important that owning our poo poo news rags and also much more important than my 6 (NZ) figgy job. It really annoys me that our society p much values work at the inverse of how important it is. We would all be hosed if there were no garbage men or road workers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the problem is that, while I enjoy being a pharmacist and at times think i can genuinely play an important role in people’s lives, especially the families of palliative patients etc. and people come in and let us know how helpful we’ve been. it’s a good feeling

but and I struggle with this, the business isnt doing well. and i’m the manager. and there’s always so much to do. and the boss pretty much expects everyone to be good at everything. I am excellent with customers but I’m not a good manager. I always thank my staff for their hard work but I never get thanked. I work in a feedback vacuum expect for hearing that numbers are doing worse occasionally. and so I have very little sense of job satisfaction despite what I said up above, because I feel like my own life is only barely treading water and the business is a slow sinking ship. I just want to feel like the future is bright.

I only have a two bedroom. my kids have to share a bedroom. I know by global standards it’s really not a
big deal but my 11yo is starting to really care about privacy. I can’t afford anything else. i’m not going to be able to take them on overseas holidays in their teen years like my parents did with me. it’s heartbreaking when I think about how I can’t even give my kids what my parents gave me. I do know they do get the most important things, love and attention and respect, but still.

just wish I could feel like the future was bright 😔

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but thanks for your great effort at trying to point out what’s good in my life. i do need to keep some perspective I know.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Having kids is hard AF. hang in there

u dont need to go overseas to have a good time. esp right now lol

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
kids: not even once

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

just wish I could feel like the future was bright 😔

my personal situation is different. but you may know that I am in contact with many who are in very similar situations. and their children. I have been doing what I do for so long now that those children are now “grown up”. many of these children did desire trinkets and bedrooms. but as they get older what they appreciated from those good parents was:

food,

adequate shelter,

knowing that they were loved.

if you can get those down you’re doing alright. from the quite openness of your stories here echi I think you’re doing better than you realise.

housing in nz is super poo poo at the moment. I don’t know what your arrangement is with your ex (and I don’t need to know), but your happiness may be found in a new, more affordable place.

I’ll shut the gently caress up now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s good to hear about your real experience with people who were kids and letting me know what they appreciated.

I should actually shut up now myself. being a sad sack is a big part of myself and i tend to share just whatever here but i need a different outlet, rather then depressing the good folk here in the pos and making threads awkward. 🤔 I will strive from here on out to only tell awful jokes post nsfw pics hot renders and inanity

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
actually thanks from the bottom of my heart to those who have been encouraging

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Lotta cowards not posting salaries itc. buncha class traitors

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

that’s good to hear about your real experience with people who were kids and letting me know what they appreciated.

I should actually shut up now myself. being a sad sack is a big part of myself and i tend to share just whatever here but i need a different outlet, rather then depressing the good folk here in the pos and making threads awkward. 🤔 I will strive from here on out to only tell awful jokes post nsfw pics hot renders and inanity

if you need an outlet and you feel that you are in a safe space, use it. lots of dorks and nerds in here that will listen at the very least 😊

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Bloody posted:

I lose significant amounts of money every financial year.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bloody posted:

I make a p deece 6 and some fraction figgies as befitting a principal engineer in a Silicon Valley faang or faang-adjacent company. the real number bounces up and down with the stock market

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Now is the time to invest in Tourism Holdings Limited! :laugh:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

if you need an outlet and you feel that you are in a safe space, use it. lots of dorks and nerds in here that will listen at the very least 😊

agreed.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
comparing salaries within a company is really good and holy

comparing salaries at large is less useful. sorry fyad

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
post on team blind

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

earned.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

comparing salaries within a company is really good and holy

comparing salaries at large is less useful. sorry fyad

it is canon that everyone in yospos makes at least $100k.

go to levels.fyi for details.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
We need to replace the phrase 5-figgie-fuckt*rd with something more appropriate I suggest 5-figgie-frankfurter.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

We need to replace the phrase 5-figgie-fuckt*rd with something more appropriate I suggest 5-figgie-frankfurter.

i forget who suggested it (beep?), but i still vote for 5-figgie-fuckoid.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
5 figgies? i just wave my hand dismissively and call them those people

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you mean like those people who drive me around for uber?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh yeah, i dropped the 6. in imitation of op without thinking, possibly missing some kid of joke

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

5-figure-footlong

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ll gently caress you with something a foot long and hint it’s not my foot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
subway is gross, echi