Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

i make whatís considered good money (closer to 6 figgies than not) but living by myself with kids, iím in debt and struggling to get out of it. life loving sucks I wish I was dead lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

on a log scale i presume

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

quantum means ďkinda smallĒ

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

gently caress
iíll never earn more, not counting inflation, without escaping pharmacy. why didnít i touch computers when i could have

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

me, at narcotics anonymous

speaker dude: how did drugs ruin your life?

me: oh I became a pharmacist

everyone else: lol shame

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

polyester concept posted:

same, shits hard

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

poemdexter posted:

I make 117k a year in Dallas and anyone else who is scared to share salaries are pawns to capital. The only way labor grows stronger is by sharing knowledge and helping each other.

Cowards.

that probably works within workplaces. if i post my income and then someone translates it to their currency of choice, I am afraid I will be mocked mercilessly and rule 29nd into a dumpster head first with no pants on and everyone can see my white rear end

The Management posted:

you guys are making it really awkward to post about figgies

hmm you raise a compelling point. changes will occur

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

log 100,000 is 5 not 6 so in order to calculate the figgie iíve gone log(income)+1 = 5.94 so close and yet so far

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

my gf is kicking all kinds of rear end and her sister (my future sister in law) just bought nzs biggest news website (which also owns most of nzs papers) so sheís the rupert murdoch of new zealand and future sister in law and my gf is independently storming ahead and upwards within the same company. maybe my pathetic drug fondling will be a meaningful contribution rather than a meagre totality

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

we always knew it was never gonna be me that got ahead. all i gotta do is not drag from behind and hold everyone back *crosses fingers coz thatís totally out of my control*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

pram posted:

because its dead. it was more angry and cutthroat half a decade ago

your brutal and unrelenting honesty is a testament to yesteryear

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

Raluek posted:

echi i hope you dont think of it this way. if there is a couple where one makes more than the other, the one that makes less, or spends more than they earn, or whatever, isnt "dragging from behind". its ok to bring something to a relationship besides a paycheck, and if your girl is still with you after a little bit i bet she thinks you do

"getting ahead" is as much of a fake idea as getting in trouble, if the bills are getting paid

appreciate the positivity man. was having a bit of a self pity party when I was writing that, my problem is that i think iím lazy and useless, altho my partner doesnít think so, maybe that was the ex wife rather than reality 🤷‍♂️ thankyou. and that line about fake ideas speaks to me, i let my kids know that getting told off doesnít actually matter so maybe I should take my own advice and accept getting ahead is also fake

altho I would like to be out of debt. pretty sure debt is real

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

how do we define that tho?
to get out of debt, I can afford for the kids to be ok and for my life to be boring but I canít afford a threadripper or new graphics card or take the kids away on holiday or a newer car than my 02 honda fit and iíll probably need a sunday job and end up working 53 hours for the next 5 years and iíll still only be in a two bedroom house with no section. still i should turn my eyes to africa or south auckland to get some perspective in my life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

whoops I mean

ďsheíll be right mate, have another drinkĒ

and with that tonight iím going to an open mic comedy evening to drink beer and laugh at people and if iím lucky* I wonít be hungover tomorrow

*pure luck, I have no control over this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

distilling ya own booze is totally legal here in nz and iíve met one dude who does it ever and a couple stories about people getting drunk on someone elseís spirits. amazing to think any country really fears it

itís also legal to grow tobacco here for personal use but no one bothers instead they make themselves very poor smoking highly taxed cigs

now if i could legally grow magic mushrooms imagine the fun I could have. instead Iím forced to drink beer

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Open mic comedy is good fun even if the acts are bad. Especially with a good mate and your drink of choice.

You have talked about your joy in the 'pos before, and you are also a source of joy. have a CHCH Joy Bar

lmao the comedy night wasnít even on, they tried it once at this bar and didnít take off. oh well. went home early and drunk talked my gfs rear end off iím sure she was enthralled at my inanity. thanks for the joy bar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

The Management posted:

look at mister showing off that he can go to public places because his country doesnít have a deadly plague anymore

fucks me off this dude yesterday was complaining to me that he canít fly to fiji coz they have no covid, and itís like, gently caress mate, most of the world canít do poo poo, youre hanging around in the best-off covid-wise country in the developed world, and you have this fuckin entitled white dude attitude that if you got money you should be able to buy whatever you want. have some appreciation for what we have for gods sake.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

would I trade not having a deadly plague for a threadripper and a rtx 3080? 🤔

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

the problem is that, while I enjoy being a pharmacist and at times think i can genuinely play an important role in peopleís lives, especially the families of palliative patients etc. and people come in and let us know how helpful weíve been. itís a good feeling

but and I struggle with this, the business isnt doing well. and iím the manager. and thereís always so much to do. and the boss pretty much expects everyone to be good at everything. I am excellent with customers but Iím not a good manager. I always thank my staff for their hard work but I never get thanked. I work in a feedback vacuum expect for hearing that numbers are doing worse occasionally. and so I have very little sense of job satisfaction despite what I said up above, because I feel like my own life is only barely treading water and the business is a slow sinking ship. I just want to feel like the future is bright.

I only have a two bedroom. my kids have to share a bedroom. I know by global standards itís really not a
big deal but my 11yo is starting to really care about privacy. I canít afford anything else. iím not going to be able to take them on overseas holidays in their teen years like my parents did with me. itís heartbreaking when I think about how I canít even give my kids what my parents gave me. I do know they do get the most important things, love and attention and respect, but still.

just wish I could feel like the future was bright 😔

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

but thanks for your great effort at trying to point out whatís good in my life. i do need to keep some perspective I know.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

thatís good to hear about your real experience with people who were kids and letting me know what they appreciated.

I should actually shut up now myself. being a sad sack is a big part of myself and i tend to share just whatever here but i need a different outlet, rather then depressing the good folk here in the pos and making threads awkward. 🤔 I will strive from here on out to only tell awful jokes post nsfw pics hot renders and inanity

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

actually thanks from the bottom of my heart to those who have been encouraging

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

yospos resident horndog

iíll gently caress you with something a foot long and hint itís not my foot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004