Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
First try Flamelurker on a melee build is impressive, great job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
This game does have rainbow stones, though they’re called augite of guidance for whatever reason. I’ve never checked if they have the same fall-checking behavior as in Dark Souls. But you can survive a longer fall than you might think in this game. Like the drop down to the baby’s nail phantom at the end of 3-1 feels like it would absolutely break your ankles in the other games.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Killed the Dragon God! That was a really cool little setpiece, and I actually felt bad at the end. I was waiting for him to get back up and start attacking me, but nope, poor guy was too hurt from the spears to stop me from braining him to death.

I have Stonefang at Pure White now, and I got the Dragon Bone Smasher and showed it to Scirvir in 5-2. Is there any reason not to go to Black tendency there now for farming purposes?

Also ran through some of 1-3 and 3-1 tonight. Got lost in 3-1 but found quite a few sets of keys, and I discovered the mindflayers don't like fire. So then I did just enough of 1-3 to find the merchant, buy a Knight's Sword, and upgrade it to a +4 Dragon Sword which should help when I dive back into 3-1. Also found the merchant in 3-1 and bought a few of those plague flowers for when I try world 5 again. I also found a Mirdan Hammer from fighting the diggers, which is apparently everyone's favorite weapon when I google "best blessed weapon", but I'm not too stoked on the moveset. Is there any issue with sticking with the Dragon Knight Sword and the Blessed Mace all game?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

There is no issue. Use what suits you. The Mirdan Hammer has a notably bad one-handed moveset, by the way; if you don't two-hand it, it's awful.

With a +4 fire weapon, you'll find yourself having a much easier time in world 5 now!

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Two handing a blessed Mirdan hammer+5 with a Adjudicator's Shield +5 and a regen ring while prioritizing vitality and endurance allows you to lol your way through the game. Just R1 until things die

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You weren't kidding about the Dragon Knight's Sword -- I spent a little while going back to 2-2 and grabbing all the stuff from the lava river, which gave me enough chunks to bring it to +5, and holy gently caress it cut through just about everything in 5-1 in a single hit. The boss there hit me once or twice but went down to a little more than 2 stamina bars' worth of R1 mashing. What a great level that was, though, just icky and slimy and wet and gross everywhere, made me want to shudder anytime I stopped to take it in. I am not looking forward to 5-2, though, or to farming up Faintstone in this horrible place for my Blessed weapons. Not a fan of the gating in the upgrades -- it seems like my Faith build is basically forced to do this level as soon as possible or be stuck with a +1 Blessed Mace indefinitely, and I was starting to feel a lack of damage on it doing 1-3.

Also killed the red dragon in 1-2, took about 60 arrows with a +6 Large Compound Bow, and now my Boletaria is Pure White Tendency? Or close to it? It doesn't look quite the same as the icon for Stonefang which is definitely Pure White. I took a run inside and the gate at the start is open, but I only got as far as finding the executioner NPC there and ran back to the archstone...because I realized I was still in human form, and had been vulnerable to invasions and losing my tendency the entire time I was standing zoomed in shooting arrows at the dragon. :v:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Killing the Executioner will put your world back to neutral (+3 dark from white), beware!

Also yeah the upgrade materials are per world, so you need to go to a specific one to find stuff for your build. Same for weapons and spells you find here but not there. This at least ensures that every build will have an easier time in some worlds while being incentivized to tackle another one sooner, and it's different for every build.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I need help with the unwelcome guest trophy where you invade another game. I don’t know if it’s due to my level or lack of players but invasions keep failing anyone want to get the trophy with me? Also if someone has an extra pure blades tone to spare I’d appreciate it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Noob Saibot posted:

I need help with the unwelcome guest trophy where you invade another game. I don’t know if it’s due to my level or lack of players but invasions keep failing anyone want to get the trophy with me? Also if someone has an extra pure blades tone to spare I’d appreciate it

try invading in world 3

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

try invading in world 3

Bottom of the stairs by old monk?

I tried it a few weeks ago and didn’t have much luck. I think I’m overleveled but I’ll try ahain

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Just finished up world 5. What a loving nightmare. I was not looking forward to it, but I figured I needed to get the Blessed Mace upgraded if I wanted to get the miracle trainer in world 4. Dragon Knight Sword +5 was the MVP again, cutting through everything in 2 hits except the big Depraved. Otherwise it was actually a little more sympathetic than I thought it would be. The critical path actually seems really short, and all the extra stuff is clearly off the lighted trail so you can duck out, grab it, and come back. And they were pretty good about putting bits of solid ground around most of the enemies so you weren't fighting much in the slog. I think the only thing I didn't manage to clear out was the 3-4 items sitting out in the swamp with 3 big Depraved -- I have no idea how to tackle those guys if I can't dodge their clubs. Super tense level though, the Depraved blend into the environment so well and come out of nowhere, so you really have to be on your guard going through that lovely little village.

I was very proud of myself after I beat the maiden :ohdear: and decided to run around in the plague swamp for a minute because I saw items out in the distance, and then I got killed by weird blood babies. In human form. When I was in Pure White from beating the final boss. :( And I was so distraught over that that I ran back and got killed again and didn't even think about the 45k souls on the floor that got lost forever. And then I left the level before I realized I could do the Pure White stuff if I just didn't reload. Hopefully there wasn't anything super important there? I already got the boss knight's armor. (He was a bit of an anticlimax, by the way -- looked really cool, but we're on a narrow plank and he doesn't move, so he slams his hammer down, I dodge back then hit him a few times, reset. He doesn't even chase you to finish you off if he hits, so it was easy to heal after any mistakes.)

I need like 4 more loving Faintstone Chunks to get the Mace to +5, so I guess I might as well drop down to Black so I can farm it up easier?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

That's an oof, but it's also very typical for the way DeS can gently caress you over largely through making you play rashly.

You missed meeting an NPC in the swamp who would give you a ring you can get through other means, you could also have killed her for her armor set. To get her to give you the ring, you would have had to reload the final area anyway, sooo

Also there's a faith spear in 5-1 gated behind white tendency which might be a bit of a loss, but it's fine - your mace works, after all.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

It's extra frustrating because I was being so, so careful going through that swamp! And I even remembered to go suicide after I beat the 5-2 boss, and then I beat the archdemon and was so giddy with relief that I wasn't even thinking. Oh, there are sparklies over there! And I'm in a completed boss arena, so I'm safe here, right? And I wandered right out into the plague babies.

I read about the spear I missed, but it's no great loss. I found the Moonlight Blade there too, but they both need Colorless souls to upgrade, so I wouldn't be able to get them strong enough to be competitive. I've only found 2 Colorless so far (in PWT Boletaria and trading to the Crow) and I already put them both on the Adjudicator Shield. I might go to PBT on a couple worlds to get more, but I'm not gonna do all the black tendency stuff.

I also finished 3-1 the other night, so I think all I have left is 1-3 and 1-4, 3-2 and 3-3, and 4-2 and 4-3. I really didn't expect to enjoy this game so much! I never played Souls games before, except giving up on DS1 in frustration around Blighttown, and I had Demon's Souls marked as a title to ignore when I was looking at the PS5. But the Elden Ring hype got me drawn in, and after 150 hours of experience as a Tarnished under my belt, this game didn't seem nearly as insurmountable.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
The moonlight blade is super fun, on my second character I rushed it immediately after getting access to world 5 and then just laughed my way past every other challenge in the game with it. That and whatever the “no magic allowed” spell is called made world 3 hilariously trivial, especially because my Old Monk opponent was a mage. He firestormed me as I walked through the boss fog and that was the last spell he got to cast, just uselessly waggled his staff at me as I two-shot him with HOLY MOONLIGHT.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Beat Black Phantom Selen Vinland! I figured if I hosed up the White Tendency stuff in world 5 that I oughta at least do the Black Tendency stuff. Man, that was definitely the toughest fight in the game so far, took too many deaths when my character suddenly refused to move because his toe was touching the sludge. Took about a dozen tries, infuriatingly dragged out because she'd heal back to full, and because the run back is such a long slog through the swamp (with the bonus of maybe the giant red depraved spots you and ruins the run). I kept trying to shoot her with a bow to knock her out of her heals, but the trick was just to chase her down through the swamp when she got low -- she kept backing off and trying to heal even when I had her pinned against a wall. Then I ran down to get the Primeval Demon too, so my swamps are white-ish again and my Adjudicator Shield is +3.

I can't imagine having to play this game cold when it first released -- world 5 at least looks significantly more difficult at Pure Black, lots of giant red depraved running around, which kill me in one hit at 28 Vigor and level 60ish. I'm just thinking about all the players who die a few times, maybe use their Stones for more health cause they're struggling, and end up with the most rear end in a top hat version of the level.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 24, 2022

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Phenotype posted:

Beat Black Phantom Selen Vinland! I figured if I hosed up the White Tendency stuff in world 5 that I oughta at least do the Black Tendency stuff. Man, that was definitely the toughest fight in the game so far, took too many deaths when my character suddenly refused to move because his toe was touching the sludge. Took about a dozen tries, infuriatingly dragged out because she'd heal back to full, and because the run back is such a long slog through the swamp (with the bonus of maybe the giant red depraved spots you and ruins the run). I kept trying to shoot her with a bow to knock her out of her heals, but the trick was just to chase her down through the swamp when she got low -- she kept backing off and trying to heal even when I had her pinned against a wall. Then I ran down to get the Primeval Demon too, so my swamps are white-ish again and my Adjudicator Shield is +3.

I can't imagine having to play this game cold when it first released -- world 5 at least looks significantly more difficult at Pure Black, lots of giant red depraved running around, which kill me in one hit at 28 Vigor and level 60ish. I'm just thinking about all the players who die a few times, maybe use their Stones for more health cause they're struggling, and end up with the most rear end in a top hat version of the level.

The remake actually adds in a ring (Sodden Ring) that allows you to move freely in the swamp, similar to the Rusted Iron Ring in DS1. You can find it in the swamp down in 3-2 in PBWT. Props to you for pulling it off without the ring, because while you can't dodge in the swamp, she can. I can't remember if I beat Selen with the Sodden Ring or not; all I remember is that I used the Crescent Falchion, because you can stunlock her (and a few other human enemies) pretty well with it, and if you time your attacks properly, you can attack when she tries to heal to interrupt.

It's been a few months now since I 100% Demon's Souls Remake, but I think if you kill the Black Phantom and the Primeval Demon in one go, then it shoots up to PWWT, or at least very close to it. Something to take note of is that if you die (in soul form), it won't alter the World Tendency when you spawn back in. World Tendency changes only occur once you warp back to the Nexus or another part of the world, so if you died between fighting the BP or killing the Primeval Demon, one or the other should be still be there.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Had to take a break due to work and to avoid burnout, but I'm about ready to finish the game up after this weekend, finished every level except for 1-4. I'm level 70, with a +5 Blessed Mace, +5 Blessed Claymore, +5 Dragon Knight Sword, and +5 Adjudicator Shield. Also a Large Compound Bow that I left at +9 -- gave up on trying to find 5 more Hardstone Chunks when even in Pure Black Tendency all the lizards and miners in the first two worlds want to drop Sharpstone and Greystone and maybe Large Hardstone Shards if I'm lucky. That stuff is worse than the Faintstone was!

I've done the Pure White stuff for every world but 5(grr) and I did the Pure Black phantom to Primeval Demon run on worlds 1, 2 and 5. The black phantoms have been the toughest challenges in the game, imo -- Selen Vinland in the swamp nearly broke me, and Scirvir was one-shotting me with fireballs at 28 Vigor wearing the Flame Resistance Ring (I could just barely survive one with the Magical Dullness Ring.) The actual bosses have been pushovers for the most part -- I one-shot Flamelurker and Penetrator solo, and I did 3-2 last night and only took 1 death from rolling off the edge on the Maneaters. They were probably the most dangerous, though -- I had a hard time finding safe spots to get in hits after their attacks, but the range on the Claymore R2 was super helpful, and I did enough damage that the first Maneater was dead before the second one stopped dicking around in the air. Really, really cool level btw, just atmospheric as hell and incredible environmental storytelling -- from looking up and seeing the giant brain thing to finding the fuckmen that were enchanting the first chain to finding the elevator and going down down down to ground level and seeing how their magical experiments blighted the earth around them and turned it into a bloody swamp full of wriggling monstrosities. I'm glad I saved it til the end, definitely one of the highlights of the game.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 31, 2022

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Didn't get to finish up til tonight, just had to go back through Latria to finally free that poor guy that's been yelling for help the entire game he thanked me and gave me a ring and said now he'd just die in peace, which... well, I coulda just stabbed him through the bars if that's what he wanted.

Went through 1-4 pretty easily, although lost out on the bow phantom's drop because I died to the last phantom. I drilled the blue dragon full of arrows until it ran away, and then ran into Biorr fighting the dragon (really just standing there and eating the fire breath like an idiot), and I managed to kill it before he died, which I guess felt good? But then Ostrava didn't show up afterwards, which is kinda frustrating because I heard he gives you the key to a good fight behind the locked door in 1-1. I know I saved him in 1-3, he was sitting on his usual arch when I left to do 1-4. I thought redoing the area might help, so I evacuated to the Nexus and he wasn't there anymore, but he still didn't show up once I got back to the steps, and I didn't see him drop a key anywhere. :(

Allant was a really cool fight! I went in at level 74 with the +5 Blessed Claymore, +5 Adjudicator Shield, Cling Ring, and Ring of Magical Dullness, which I think was a pretty good loadout, his little air blasts faked me out a bit at first but didn't do enough damage that it wasn't immediately healed. Got him to 20% on the first try, but he killed me with a surprise Soulsucker after his flurry of attacks. Second try I got caught in a loop of trying to heal and getting hit, but the third try I pretty much had his attacks memorized and only had to heal once or twice. I think that's the first fight that feels modern enough that you could put it into Elden Ring -- he's got the biggest boss moveset in the game, including multiple interesting mechanics like the AOE cloud where you have to run in and interrupt him, melee attacks with deceptive ranged extensions, attacks that can chain into combos, and the delayed rush move that catches early rolls.

What a great little package that game was! I expected it to be a much, much rougher and unforgiving version of what we got, but they really had a lot of the system in place even back then. A lot of really brilliant level design and rewarding exploration, and combat that felt really good on its own once I stopped comparing it to Elden Ring. Thanks for all the encouragement!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
play dark souls 1 or bloodborne now

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Phenotype posted:

Didn't get to finish up til tonight, just had to go back through Latria to finally free that poor guy that's been yelling for help the entire game he thanked me and gave me a ring and said now he'd just die in peace, which... well, I coulda just stabbed him through the bars if that's what he wanted.
I think he is already way dead, but his soul is trapped behind the bars either through magic or because the closed door, like, psychologically keeps him there. Could also be that if you killed him through the bars, he'd just respawn there because some dick made his nexus point there.

Sorry about your issues with Ostrava. He seems to break really easily. What you could do to see what you missed is go in NG+, immediately kill him, and take the key off his corpse!

It was great seeing you progress, thank you for sharing your experiences :)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Finally got a PS5 so time to play this again. The original on ps3 was what got me into the series and remains one of my faves due to the vibes and overall world.

I killed Ostrava (sorry bro, I'll save you next time I swear...) and then cheesed Doran to get Demonbrandt. Now I'm futilely trying to defeat BP Miralda without cheesing her by making her fall to death to get +1 Character tendency...

Edit: Killed Miralda, now I need to kill the other 4 named BP and maybe do some pvp to get to Pure White character tendency.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 19, 2022

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Starting trip report from a mostly blind playthrough (I've seen some let's play years and years ago and forgotten 99% from it).

Cleared the first area no problem, although the red eyed knight gave me some trouble. Clearly should come back to him when I'm a bit stronger. Decided to move deeper into the Boletaria Castle before going to the other worlds just to see what's ahead. The dragon bridge puzzles weren't too hard after I realized what's up, so I found myself at the Tower Knight. To my surprise—and although it was a very slow—I managed to beat him first try with my +0 starter weapon. The gimmick was pretty obvious after having beaten the Iron Golem in Dark Souls, and having a shitton of healing items kept me alive.

Not quite sure where go to next, but I think I'll set foot in the other worlds. Going for some kind of dex build, I think, but I've mostly raised Vitality and Endurance at this point. Haven't really found a cool weapon that I'd like to upgrade, so I've saved my upgrade materials for now. I think I'll have to upgrade something the next time, because clearly I'm not supposed to play the game with a +0 weapon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Smol posted:

Starting trip report from a mostly blind playthrough (I've seen some let's play years and years ago and forgotten 99% from it).

Cleared the first area no problem, although the red eyed knight gave me some trouble. Clearly should come back to him when I'm a bit stronger. Decided to move deeper into the Boletaria Castle before going to the other worlds just to see what's ahead. The dragon bridge puzzles weren't too hard after I realized what's up, so I found myself at the Tower Knight. To my surprise—and although it was a very slow—I managed to beat him first try with my +0 starter weapon. The gimmick was pretty obvious after having beaten the Iron Golem in Dark Souls, and having a shitton of healing items kept me alive.

Not quite sure where go to next, but I think I'll set foot in the other worlds. Going for some kind of dex build, I think, but I've mostly raised Vitality and Endurance at this point. Haven't really found a cool weapon that I'd like to upgrade, so I've saved my upgrade materials for now. I think I'll have to upgrade something the next time, because clearly I'm not supposed to play the game with a +0 weapon.

Go to Stonefang, it has some good stuff.

Actually, go to any of them and swap whenever you get blocked, they all have good stuff.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Continuing with the game today. At first, I tried to go past the Tower Knight, but couldn't. I guess I need to kill one of the major bosses to get the archdemon soul or whatever it was. I also haven't found a key to a locked door before to Tower Knight, but that might very well be a thing for the future, so not going to spend any more time on that. Before leaving the Boletaria castle, I went to the dragons and got all the loot from them.

Upgraded my Scimitar to +2 and went to Stonefang mine. Haven't gotten too far yet, but it does seem like I need a different weapon to do decent damage the miners. If future souls games are an indicator, striking damage might do the trick, so I might go back to the merchant at the entrance and buy the pickaxe.

Smol fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 22, 2022

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Smol posted:

Continuing with the game today. At first, I tried to go past the Tower Knight, but couldn't. I guess I need to one of the major bosses to get the archdemon soul or whatever it was. I also haven't found a key to a locked door before to Tower Knight, but that might very well be a thing for the future, so not going to spend any more time on that. Before leaving the Boletaria castle, I went to the dragons and got all the loot from them.

Upgraded my Scimitar to +2 and went to Stonefang mine. Haven't gotten too far yet, but it does seem like I need a different weapon to do decent damage the miners. If future souls games are an indicator, striking damage might do the trick, so I might go back to the merchant at the entrance and buy the pickaxe.

Sadly, it's not striking damage, it's magic you need.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Sadly, it's not striking damage, it's magic you need.

Or piercing

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Oh right, the pickaxe is a piercing weapon. Well anyhow, just as I wrote that post, I found a pickaxe and it seems to be much better at killing them. :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I,ve actually not progressed much cause I got distracted by Returnal. I do want to continue my quest of getting to PWCT.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Okay, I don’t get Armour Spider (yet at least). Sucks that the walk to it is quite long as well.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Smol posted:

Okay, I don’t get Armour Spider (yet at least). Sucks that the walk to it is quite long as well.

Flame shield or cheese it with arrows

To fight it fair, you're attacking the webshooter and dodging the legs and the flame AoE

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've never gotten Armour Spider. I just don't get it. Never been able to even get within melee range without being web-slowed to death.

In fact I always have inordinate trouble with lots of bosses in this game. Even Phalanx usually takes like 5 or 6 tries. I'm always very obstinate though, never attack with weaknesses.. a bad trait to have in Souls games. its just like.. i will bash u... if i cannot bash u... bash harder..

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
With the exception of Phalanx and Penetrator you can arrow spam every normal boss in Demon's Souls.

The gimmick bosses like the stingray and the librarian have built-in non-arrow cheeses.

An archer build is unstoppable in this game.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I’ve now beaten every first level in the five worlds except the armored spider. Maybe I’ll try killing it with the bow - my +6 composite bow seems to be pretty powerful.

Edit: okay lol, using a bow made it completely trivial. I could even regenerate what little damage I took from the fireballs with the regenerator ring.

Smol fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 25, 2022

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

The Sage Freke and the other dude on the other side of the nexus won’t be talk to me – I’d guess because I’m not a magic user. But let’s see if they change their minds at some point.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Smol posted:

The Sage Freke and the other dude on the other side of the nexus won’t be talk to me – I’d guess because I’m not a magic user. But let’s see if they change their minds at some point.
You need 10 (iirc) Int or they think you're a moron

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Simply Simon posted:

You need 10 (iirc) Int or they think you're a moron

10 magic. DeS Intelligence=DaS Attunement

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Went exploring after 2-1. Jumped down a chasm and found all kinds of rock worms and flame lizards that my weapons didn’t seem to hurt too much. Need another kind of weapon, I guess.

Also found a Flamelurker. Fight was going pretty well unless I got stuck in his crotch lol :v:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Smol posted:

Went exploring after 2-1. Jumped down a chasm and found all kinds of rock worms and flame lizards that my weapons didn’t seem to hurt too much. Need another kind of weapon, I guess.

Also found a Flamelurker. Fight was going pretty well unless I got stuck in his crotch lol :v:

Pierce weapons (estoc, rapier, pickaxe) obliterates everything in 2.

And if you're not a wizard and want to clown on Flamelurker, whom is weak to magic, the weapon of choice is the Crescent Falchion you can pick up in 4-1 from behind the spooky ghost pirate skeleton (get to the castle wall gate, go left, then exit ground floor left to obtain the magic sword of magic)

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

The 4-1 crescent weapon clowns on 99% of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Finally started this up again at the beginning of the week and making good progress I think (finished all of the first levels of each world and all of world 4).

Is there a better soul farming spot than world 4-4 with those flying things. It gets me quite a few but it's a bit of a faff to do.

I did a bit of research and other than setting the world tendancy to black I couldn't find anything.

I've not actually set a world to black yet. How much harder does it make the game? Like would I still be able to one shot those flying enemies in 4-4?

I'm a mage, about level 66 and may have hosed up my stats a little. I pumped magic to level 50 but then brought strength up to 18 to better handle the composite bow to progress/farm through 4-2.

I've started putting points into vitality because I feel quite a bit fragile and bosses like the one from 2-2 almost one shot me as they seem to be a close up fight.

I'm always running around in ghost form or whatever it's called to prevent the worlds from getting harder when I die though. So maybe I'm actually making it too hard for myself compared to how difficult the world might get if it's pure black?