Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

goblin week posted:

The wikidot is really cute because it was so obviously written in the era before DeS was released in the west and every NPC has a little section "how to best kill this guy"

best wiki. I still used it for the remake for everything that didn't change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
The other day I ran through 2-1 without a single death, and beat the Armor Spider. Today while I had free time at work, I was watching a playthrough of the original, and I got clued in to a couple of things to do/try to make things easier (returning to 1-2 to save Ostrava again, and getting the Crescent Falchion in 4-1).

I didn't make a huge amount of progress, though. I made to the Tower Knight fight, but died to Tower Knight after dispatching all the crossbowmen. The other majority of my deaths came from trying to dispatch Vanguard Demon in 4-1. In both cases, I tried dodging past/around their attacks, but they would always connect. In the case of Vanguard, I did a search, and found a video that said just to stay behind him (as I think someone said in one of the old Souls threads, 'hug his butt'). After running through 4-1 umpteen times and finally defeating Vanguard with that tactic, I came away with 14k souls, which I spent on leveling up. (At Level 23 now)

Dunno what to tackle next. I though about trying to fight Tower Knight again, then move on to 2-2 and do Flamelurker and Dragon God. Alternatively, after Tower Knight, I thought about going through Tower of Latria 1-1 and beating False Idol, then Valley of Defilement 1-1 (so as to do all the X-1 areas in order to gain some more items and levels before tackling the X-2 areas).

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Maneater fuckin’ sucks. Not because the bosses themselves are too bad but because I keep falling off lmao

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Maneater fuckin’ sucks. Not because the bosses themselves are too bad but because I keep falling off lmao

Demon's Souls

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Yeah you've got to glue yourself to that brazier and gently caress up their pathing to avoid workplace accidents.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Turns out the lock-on was loving me up because I couldn’t see my position on the ledge. Once I stopped locking on I ended up getting through it. Went on to beat 4 total bosses tonight (the second and third levels of latria and the islands). Really stoked that this game has seemingly clicked. Now I just have to get through the second and third levels of the swamps, do some tendency events, and then I think I can return to boleteria for the final boss. Considering going for the platinum but it seems really tedious!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

JBP posted:

Yeah you've got to glue yourself to that brazier and gently caress up their pathing to avoid workplace accidents.

OR, and hear me out here, you just grind them into paste with the Bone Smasher in the middle of the walkway.

OR, and hear me out here, Firestorm

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Firestorm just snaps every boss in 2 seconds i love it. What a way to break the game

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

This was my first souls game experience and I loved (almost) every second of it. Even ended up getting the platinum. My favorite part was the first time I fought Old Monk. Such a wild moment having your first PVP thrust upon you out of nowhere. My least favorite part was fighting Flamelurker on my NG+ playthrough… I died like 50 times and got him down to a tiny sliver many times but died because I got greedy. But it felt so good finally beating him… I think that’s why people get hooked on these games. As a dad with limited free time I never thought I’d be able to beat one of these games, much less platinum it. So excited for Elden Ring.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
I started playing Demon’s Souls (ps3 version, I don’t have a ps5) recently, since it’s the only Soulsbourne game i haven’t played. I’ve finished all the others, including Elden Ring. I’ve beaten Sekiro like 6 times and I could do the boss rushes in my sleep. But I’m struggling super hard on DeS in a way that I haven’t since like, DS1. Feels like this game is really unfriendly in a way the more recent ones aren’t. I’m still enjoying it! But I’m definitely struggling.

I have a couple questions to hopefully get me unstuck:

1: Is it recommended to maintain both a blunt and a sharp weapon at the same upgrade level? It seems like there’s more of an emphasis on damage types here, since I’ve run into a bunch of enemies (especially the miners and those rear end in a top hat tunnel grubs in 2-2) that I do like no damage to.

2: Is there a recommended way to kill the crystal lizards reliably as a melee character? Is there a certain damage type they’re weaker to? I have a +5 Scimitar right now, and it takes like 6 hits to kill one, and it’s a total crapshoot whether I’ll hit them. Feels like I’m slashing at the ground with a toothpick. It seems like they only appear a limited number of times each (?) and drop a huge number of shards, so I really want to kill them. The 2-2 nest of them looks like it just vanished completely without any of them dying, which feels awful (also seems kind of impossible to kill all those guys as melee, if I only have like 4 attempts ever?)

3: Is no-shield melee a bad idea in this? That’s been my favorite playstyle for all of DS2, 3, BB (obviously) and Elden Ring, but it feels like shields might be more encouraged here. I’m struggling a lot against Flamelurker trying to fight him dodge-roll style (for reference I’ve beaten 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1), and I’m starting to think I might need to change something up.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
1. Even an unupgraded blunt weapon will smoke the miners in Stonefang, relative to what a scimitar will do. Damage types are pretty important. The flip side of this is that while all physical weapons at low upgrade levels will feel kind of weak against something, fire and (especially) magic damage are borderline overpowered. 4-1 contains a crescent falchion which can be easily suicide run, 2-2 contains a dragon longsword which is a bit harder to get, but either one is easy to use and will do loads of damage against against enemies that don’t obviously resist magic/fire respectively.

2. Blunt damage is also the way to go against lizards, but most important is to use a weapon that won’t whiff them. Find something with a vertical attack or AOE. The lizard spawn system is complicated and insane (and this is a version of it deliberately made more user-friendly for the remake), but the most important thing is that they have a set number of spawns and every time you kill a world boss, the number goes back up by 1 for all lizards in that world. So once you kill Flamelurker you get another shot at all the lizards who stopped spawning.

3. Nah. Shields are good (and a few of them are REALLY good), but you can absolutely be a two-handed always-rolling naked dude in most circumstances. If you try to block Flamelurker with most shields he’ll just drain all your stamina while doing fire chip damage and then kill you as soon as your guard breaks. Treating him like any later Souls boss and rolling his poo poo is probably the way to go. That said, the Purple Flame Greatshield can be used to block him almost 100% if you got it (found near the dragon roost in 1-1), though you still have to watch your stamina.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Minor correction: Pierce is what you use on stonefang miners in world 2, blunt is for the skeletons in world 4

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah damage types make a huge difference in Demon's Souls, more so than in future Souls games (though Elden Ring kinda brought it back a little bit).

In world 2 you want piercing and/or magic damage. In world 4, blunt damage absolutely wrecks the skeletons. Even an unupgraded club will let you sail through 4-1. And in world 3, avoid magic damage because things there resist it a lot, but they get torn up by physical damage of any kind. IIRC, world 5 enemies don't resist any particular damage type, but fire damage is very effective.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Harrow posted:

Yeah damage types make a huge difference in Demon's Souls, more so than in future Souls games (though Elden Ring kinda brought it back a little bit).

In world 2 you want piercing and/or magic damage. In world 4, blunt damage absolutely wrecks the skeletons. Even an unupgraded club will let you sail through 4-1. And in world 3, avoid magic damage because things there resist it a lot, but they get torn up by physical damage of any kind. IIRC, world 5 enemies don't resist any particular damage type, but fire damage is very effective.

1 is a grab bag because they're humans with occasional magic beings mixed in, but you shouldn't even be thinking about 1-3 - 1-5 until you've cleared most of the game and are ludicrously OP

2 is resistant to slash, fire, and blunt but gets wrecked by pierce and magic, with the final bosses being cheesed by arrows and magic

3 is resistant to magic but gets absolutely demolished by slash and faith all the way through

4 is resistant to almost everything but blunt will annihilate it, up to the final bosses who have gimmicks

5 is resistant to faith and semi-resistant to all physical, but weak to fire, with the bosses being cheeseable with fire until the final boss who is basically a STR/FAI badass you need to cheese or have a real 1v1 swordfight with

Also, for best results, you never straight shot a world. Like you do 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, etc. And depending on build, you have easier orders. Like a STR/FAI guy can tear through 3 and 4 much easier than 1 and 2, and you want to put off 5 until you're just an absolute beast. A magic guy can laugh off 2 and 5 but 3 is the scariest place to ever exist.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 30, 2022

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It took me a few tries to get stuck into this game coming fresh from Elden Ring -- it just feels so rigid and methodical in comparison, and more unforgiving from fight to fight. I started as a Tower Knight intending to roll Faith, and I had to immediately take off my pants, head, and arms so I could roll properly. :v:

I smoked almost all my grass on the first try at the Tower Knight, and almost didn't come back because I was so frustrated that I'd have to farm up more. So I took a tour of some of the other worlds and leveled up a bit more and found some more items (including pants and arms that I can wear without fatrolling!) and a Blessed Mace +1, and came back to the Tower Knight able to one-shot his crossbow fuckers. There's a fog door stopping me from going to 1-3 until I kill an archdemon, which is a bummer. Where should I go from here? I guess all the worlds are technically open, but are any of them easier, or have important gear?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phenotype posted:

It took me a few tries to get stuck into this game coming fresh from Elden Ring -- it just feels so rigid and methodical in comparison, and more unforgiving from fight to fight. I started as a Tower Knight intending to roll Faith, and I had to immediately take off my pants, head, and arms so I could roll properly. :v:

I smoked almost all my grass on the first try at the Tower Knight, and almost didn't come back because I was so frustrated that I'd have to farm up more. So I took a tour of some of the other worlds and leveled up a bit more and found some more items (including pants and arms that I can wear without fatrolling!) and a Blessed Mace +1, and came back to the Tower Knight able to one-shot his crossbow fuckers. There's a fog door stopping me from going to 1-3 until I kill an archdemon, which is a bummer. Where should I go from here? I guess all the worlds are technically open, but are any of them easier, or have important gear?

I usually do world 2 right after I finish 1-2, it's not too bad most of the way through, especially with a weapon that does magic damage (like the blessed mace you have). The blessed mace will make 4-1 pretty easy, too. The blunt+magic damage will wreck the skeleton enemies.

You could also do all the first stages in order (2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1), then all the second stages and archdemons, too. The difficulty curve would work out pretty okay.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Do the first archstone in Shrine of Storms. You will get lots of souls and have an ideal weapon for it, and there’s a good light greatshield in there which will stack regen with your mace. This will be a big help in Valley of Defilement particularly where you have to look out for poison and (god forbid) plague. Clearing the first archstone of Shrine of Storms also sets you up to unlock St Urbain (miracle guy). He sells Anti-Magic Field, which will make it much easier to start on Latria.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

All right, cleaned out 4-1 and got the Adjudicator's Shield. I'm a little bummed that it's only 90% physical defense, though, and it looks like it only gains more regen with levels. It feels like a good shield is a lot more important in this game than in Elden Ring, a lot more tight passages and stuff where I can't really roll out of trouble. (Although I guess ideally the regen cancels out the chip damage from blocking!) Not sure if I'm gonna try 2-1 or keep going into 4-2 next. Where can I get stuff to upgrade more Holy weapons? I grabbed the Claymore from the merchant before I beat the Tower Knight and I'd like to get it doing the whole blessed thing.

Still feel like this game is a little clunkier than it needs to be, especially for a remake. The Adjudicator was a good example, and felt a lot like the Tower Knight -- attack an exposed part for basically no damage until he falls down and I get a few seconds to deal damage. But in both cases, it takes way too long for the game to let you know you're doing the right thing. the Tower Knight's ankle armor comes off after only a few hits, and then you have to hit it like twenty more times before it actually falls, and the whole time you're doing like 12 damage and wondering if you're doing something wrong. And I'm still not sure whether or not you actually have to break both ankles. And the Adjudicator literally takes 0 damage and doesn't respond to anything you're doing until you finally hit it for the fortieth time and it falls down. Okay, it bleeds when you hit the weak spot, but it takes so long for anything to happen that I figured I was missing a piece of the puzzle. And you have to go through the cycle at least one too many times for what are essentially bosses with 2 different moves that you fight at the end of an enemy gauntlet.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Blessed weapons need faintstones from Valley of Defilement to upgrade. You probably also need to upgrade your weapon to some level (+5 iirc, but like everything with the upgrade system in Demon Souls you should just look it up) to get the option to make it blessed.

You can mess around at the start of 4-2 to unlock Urbain and get some souls, but 4-2 is a pretty tricky level. I’d start on Stonefang first, you need to do most of the first zone to unlock the master blacksmith anyway.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Combined with it's regeneration, 90% physical resist is fine on the Adjudicator's shield. Wear a regeneration ring as well, they stack. Nobody's going to chip you to death through your block, not with physical damage anyway.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also you'll eventually get to the point where you're 2-handing god tier weapons and the judge judy shield just sits on your back constantly recharging you.

It's silly OP the more you upgrade.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Phenotype posted:

Still feel like this game is a little clunkier than it needs to be, especially for a remake. The Adjudicator was a good example, and felt a lot like the Tower Knight -- attack an exposed part for basically no damage until he falls down and I get a few seconds to deal damage. But in both cases, it takes way too long for the game to let you know you're doing the right thing. the Tower Knight's ankle armor comes off after only a few hits, and then you have to hit it like twenty more times before it actually falls, and the whole time you're doing like 12 damage and wondering if you're doing something wrong. And I'm still not sure whether or not you actually have to break both ankles. And the Adjudicator literally takes 0 damage and doesn't respond to anything you're doing until you finally hit it for the fortieth time and it falls down. Okay, it bleeds when you hit the weak spot, but it takes so long for anything to happen that I figured I was missing a piece of the puzzle. And you have to go through the cycle at least one too many times for what are essentially bosses with 2 different moves that you fight at the end of an enemy gauntlet.

It wouldn't be the same game if they changed any of that.

You're not really meant to rush into 1-2 immediately, so he'd take a lot of hits if that was your priority :) -- the game seems balanced around doing all(or some of) the -1s first before going into -2s

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

The Anime Liker posted:

Also you'll eventually get to the point where you're 2-handing god tier weapons and the judge judy shield just sits on your back constantly recharging you.

It's silly OP the more you upgrade.

So about that... I looked into the Colorless Demon Souls it needs to upgrade, and I've apparently gotta get down to pure black world tendency to get them? It kinda puts me off ever using any of those unique items haha. Would it be better to die a bunch of times before I get much further into the game so I can start getting back to white tendency by fighting bosses? Or do most people get all the stuff that unlocks with Pure White and then tank it down to Black for upgrades after they've cleaned out the level? It seems so weird to have these upgrade mats gated behind this stuff!

Also, what the heck is the point of the fog doors? From Elden Ring I was expecting a boss behind each one, but you go through so many that just lead to another indistinct part of the level that the actual bosses surprise the hell out of me. They're certainly not checkpoints, and they annoyingly disappear forever once you touch them, so I can't even use them as landmarks.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 16, 2022

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Phenotype posted:

So about that... I looked into the Colorless Demon Souls it needs to upgrade, and I've apparently gotta get down to pure black world tendency to get them? It kinda puts me off ever using any of those unique items haha. Would it be better to die a bunch of times before I get much further into the game so I can start getting back to white tendency by fighting bosses? Or do most people get all the stuff that unlocks with Pure White and then tank it down to Black for upgrades? It seems so weird to have these upgrade mats gated behind this stuff!

Also, what the heck is the point of the fog doors? From Elden Ring I was expecting a boss behind each one, but you go through so many that just lead to another indistinct part of the level that the Tower Knight surprised the hell out of me. They're certainly not checkpoints, and they annoyingly disappear forever once you touch them, so I can't even use them as landmarks.

i think they put fog gates in the levels so that it would be surprising when there was a boss behind them and tense when you couldnt be sure

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Fog gates divide the levels into rough segments, which is mostly important for the online - if you cross a gate, your summon signs will disappear so you won't be called back too much, and if someone invades, they're placed in the same area (before or after a fog gate) as you, so they know roundabout where to find you.

Dark Souls 1 also has a bunch of "pointless" fog gates which serve about the same purpose. Added fun is that you can cross them from behind if you broke the "intended" sequence of the level, which is a cool sign that you did a skip or something.

As for Colorless Demons Souls, yeah they're kinda really annoying to get! At least you can always make the worlds Black (because you can farm infinite stones to become human), so if you miss one due to tendency being shaky*, it's nbd - white world tendency is permanently missable. You also get a few CDS from crow trades and a sidequest which is its own can of worms, and one you find. Total of 10, then it's NG+ time if you want to upgrade more stuff.

*killing a Primeval demon and/or a named black phantom pushes the world way towards white. Meaning that e.g. in Boletaria, the pure black event spawns red!Miralda in 1-1, but the Primeval Demon is in 1-3, so if you kill her because she's right there, and then warp to the demon, whoops you got the world to neutral with the first action! You gotta do the run by foot.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Also hi I've never posted in this particular Souls thread, I finally got a PS5 this year and could finish DeS and it owns. I also got a beefy computer now so I can play the original without any hitches if I want. The game is weird but super cool. I annoyed my wife half to death with Dark Souls talk but she thought DeS remake looked so good and had such great atmosphere that she wanted to watch me play it, and she's even along for a second playthrough as a mage. That's a quality game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don’t know if it’s nostalgia talking but the atmosphere in demons souls is unparalleled. None of the dark souls, bloodbornes, sekiros or Elden rings come close to it. It’s just so dire and apocalyptic and dark

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

I don’t know if it’s nostalgia talking but the atmosphere in demons souls is unparalleled. None of the dark souls, bloodbornes, sekiros or Elden rings come close to it. It’s just so dire and apocalyptic and dark

Nothing in any of them matches the grossness of the poop swamp that transitions into the blood poop swamp.

And Latria is a zillion times more ominous and spooky than Bloodborne. The entire highrise area after the library lady is loving awesome I doubt it will ever be topped.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Anime Liker posted:

Nothing in any of them matches the grossness of the poop swamp that transitions into the blood poop swamp.

And Latria is a zillion times more ominous and spooky than Bloodborne. The entire highrise area after the library lady is loving awesome I doubt it will ever be topped.

Original boletaria was just so hosed, like it had soldiers and stuff but you could tell just from design that it was entirely destroyed and crumbling and nothing would ever fix it
The first level of Latria was fantastic too with the screaming and the weeping and the squid guys ringing their bell. Just the most harrowing atmosphere

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Calaveron posted:

i think the variety of the worlds gives it a big advantage since they arent connected together at all

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Stayed up too late tackling 2-1, ended up cheesing the spider at the end with a bow because even with the shortcuts I'm not sure how long that runback is gonna be. I've leveled up the Large Compound Bow to +3 and I'm keeping a stack of arrows on me now -- it's been amazingly useful so far, and if I'm putting resources into it then it doesn't seem as cheesy to kill stuff from too far away for them to respond.

Really cool level though, not quite as punishing feeling as some of the other -1s I've dipped into. I kinda want to push on and finish Stonefang. I met the good blacksmith there and I saw he needs the soul from the next boss to do stuff, and I'd really like to get into 1-3 so I can get a Knight's Longsword. It's hard to tell what level I'm supposed to be, though. Doing 4-1 gave me a TON of souls, especially with the runbacks after deaths, and I had to do some weed farming in Boletaria, but then I've dropped a good 10k souls on arrows and gear I'm not using, so I have no idea anymore now that I've gone back to 2-1 and fight miners that drop 6 souls each. I'm at level 32 now I think, 22 Vit, 22 End, 22 Faith, or around there. I've heard I want at least 40 Vit eventually, but does that mean by level 60? 100?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Phenotype posted:

I'm at level 32 now I think, 22 Vit, 22 End, 22 Faith, or around there. I've heard I want at least 40 Vit eventually, but does that mean by level 60? 100?

That looks fine for now.

As far as Vit goes, and soft caps in general: level Vit as you need it. Like if you reach somewhere and enemies have started to 1 or 2 shot you, you need Vit. That being said, if you are good at dodging and aren’t getting hit that often, adjust accordingly. But you don’t need to hit the Vit soft cap and 40 feels like a lot for Demons.

It’s been a while since I have played Demons so I forget what level endgame is, but I typically try to hit the soft cap on my main damage skill, then whatever’s necessary for Vit and End.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Yeah I think 30 Vit is good for NG, you can always bump it up if you start to swim in souls come NG+. Disclaimer: haven't done NG+ myself, but what I've heard of it is that the difficulty jumps a lot, so it might be that 30 or 40 Vit don't really matter, you'll just have to always dodge the biggest fuckers or die regardless. However, even for NG, some stuff will two-shot you no matter how big your bar is, so just manage your expectations - it's a dodge/block/outright avoid game.

Bows are super strong in DeS (if you get around the lovely targeting), so yeah you can just keep upgrading! There's even a special boss bow that for once isn't awful (many boss weapons sadly are), if you want that just stop upgrading the Bow at +7 before you get the ability to make boss weapons. Your stat spread looks like you're not much invested in physical stats, so - even better! Said boss bow doesn't scale.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

NG+ is brutal in DeS, particularly at the start where you have to run through 1-1 with like 250k souls that you got from the final boss and can’t spend on anything yet because you are maidenless.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gave up on NG+, too used to it feeling like a victory lap in later games lol

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Phenotype posted:

Stayed up too late tackling 2-1, ended up cheesing the spider at the end with a bow because even with the shortcuts I'm not sure how long that runback is gonna be.

It's actually really short; you just go right instead of left and carefully drop down the platforms in the pit to the ground and you're right at the boss fog :)

e: I'm dumb

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 17, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Magus42 posted:

It's actually really short; you just go right instead of left and carefully drop down the platforms in the pit to the ground and you're right at the boss fog :)

You're thinking of 2-2

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Harrow posted:

You're thinking of 2-2

Woops! You're right. Been out of the game too long :)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Fuuuuck you to those identical tunnels in 2-2 holy poo poo. Is there anything in this game that can tell me whether a fall is lethal? I ran around those drat tunnels way too long because I didn't think I would survive the jump I had to make, and I didn't want to have to make the run all the way down there again. Because an extra gently caress you to the guy who decided those lava bugs would have like 5000 HP -- I even broke my mace at one point. I did manage to clean out the whole place I think, got the Dragon Longsword that seems like it'll hit harder than my Blessed Mace, at least when I'm not in fire hellworld. And met my buddy Patches!

Got Flamelurker on the first try, too! Played it incredibly carefully because the runback was gonna be hell. Kept my distance, watched his moves, and only hit him once unless he did his leap and I could get in 3 safely. Felt really good even though it took so long, got that giddy rush afterwards from the release of all the tension I didn't know I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Phenotype posted:

Is there anything in this game that can tell me whether a fall is lethal?

Trial and error :devil: