Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I can't believe this game was originally pitched as an Oblivion killer.

It's so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

By the time I get a PS5 only you guys will be playing this.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Finally got a PS5 so time to play this again. The original on ps3 was what got me into the series and remains one of my faves due to the vibes and overall world.

I killed Ostrava (sorry bro, I'll save you next time I swear...) and then cheesed Doran to get Demonbrandt. Now I'm futilely trying to defeat BP Miralda without cheesing her by making her fall to death to get +1 Character tendency...

Edit: Killed Miralda, now I need to kill the other 4 named BP and maybe do some pvp to get to Pure White character tendency.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 19, 2022

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Smol posted:

Starting trip report from a mostly blind playthrough (I've seen some let's play years and years ago and forgotten 99% from it).

Cleared the first area no problem, although the red eyed knight gave me some trouble. Clearly should come back to him when I'm a bit stronger. Decided to move deeper into the Boletaria Castle before going to the other worlds just to see what's ahead. The dragon bridge puzzles weren't too hard after I realized what's up, so I found myself at the Tower Knight. To my surprise—and although it was a very slow—I managed to beat him first try with my +0 starter weapon. The gimmick was pretty obvious after having beaten the Iron Golem in Dark Souls, and having a shitton of healing items kept me alive.

Not quite sure where go to next, but I think I'll set foot in the other worlds. Going for some kind of dex build, I think, but I've mostly raised Vitality and Endurance at this point. Haven't really found a cool weapon that I'd like to upgrade, so I've saved my upgrade materials for now. I think I'll have to upgrade something the next time, because clearly I'm not supposed to play the game with a +0 weapon.

Go to Stonefang, it has some good stuff.

Actually, go to any of them and swap whenever you get blocked, they all have good stuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Smol posted:

Continuing with the game today. At first, I tried to go past the Tower Knight, but couldn't. I guess I need to one of the major bosses to get the archdemon soul or whatever it was. I also haven't found a key to a locked door before to Tower Knight, but that might very well be a thing for the future, so not going to spend any more time on that. Before leaving the Boletaria castle, I went to the dragons and got all the loot from them.

Upgraded my Scimitar to +2 and went to Stonefang mine. Haven't gotten too far yet, but it does seem like I need a different weapon to do decent damage the miners. If future souls games are an indicator, striking damage might do the trick, so I might go back to the merchant at the entrance and buy the pickaxe.

Sadly, it's not striking damage, it's magic you need.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I,ve actually not progressed much cause I got distracted by Returnal. I do want to continue my quest of getting to PWCT.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hey it's return to Boletaria.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Skrill.exe posted:

Apparently it's Return to Boletaria. Is anyone celebrating this sacred event?

Oh poo poo! I should.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gonna make a new dude during lunch break today, let's do this.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm gonna try to make a Lava Bow build work

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

After much farming, I now have the Stick Compund Long Bow +5.

Now to tackle some bosses.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

And now I got the clever rat's ring and the Morion Blade, unlocking true hyper mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

...! posted:

I don't believe you

I do not really use True Hyper Mode, I'm not good enough to feel confident running around on low hp.

But when I hit low hp in the middle of a boss fight I can unleash my true power.