Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've just started playing this and was wondering if the armour was mainly cosmetic like it was in Bloodborne or if it has significant swings on stats and gameplay?

I picked Royalty to begin with because I wanted easy mode (I've never used a magic-based role in these types of games before either so it's a pretty interesting change of pace so far), but can already see there's gear I can't equip because it's too heavy.

My guy looks like a bit of a giant dork though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Finally started this up again at the beginning of the week and making good progress I think (finished all of the first levels of each world and all of world 4).

Is there a better soul farming spot than world 4-4 with those flying things. It gets me quite a few but it's a bit of a faff to do.

I did a bit of research and other than setting the world tendancy to black I couldn't find anything.

I've not actually set a world to black yet. How much harder does it make the game? Like would I still be able to one shot those flying enemies in 4-4?

I'm a mage, about level 66 and may have hosed up my stats a little. I pumped magic to level 50 but then brought strength up to 18 to better handle the composite bow to progress/farm through 4-2.

I've started putting points into vitality because I feel quite a bit fragile and bosses like the one from 2-2 almost one shot me as they seem to be a close up fight.

I'm always running around in ghost form or whatever it's called to prevent the worlds from getting harder when I die though. So maybe I'm actually making it too hard for myself compared to how difficult the world might get if it's pure black?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Tatsuta Age posted:

The easiest farming spot is right after 4-2? 4-3? near where you run around the mountain and into the catacombs. You just walk in with a bow right past the spawn, shoot the guy dead (which kills all his wraiths too), then go back and repeat. Very boring though!

If that's the one where you snipe from the upper balcony at the beginning, I wasn't sure if it was technically faster?

I can get about 7000 souls per run of that method, vs 20,000 of the flying things in 4-4.

It's just that you gotta hide and slowly kill those flying things.

That being said, maybe the fastest way would be to kill one or two of the flying things, right next to the starting point. Die, respawn and quickly pick up the souls again before repeating.

I think I could get a few thousand every couple of seconds that way.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Pennfalath posted:

Yeah, using the special sword, the flying rays are the fastest option. Don't forget the ring from 3-1 (costs 50k) that gives you extra souls (and if you have the female body type, the gloves from 3-1 as well).
There's also a spell that gives you extra souls.

Good to know and yeah that spell is one of the next things on my list to get.

I've just rescued the witch who gives you it, but I need to go and kill the boss for it now.

I've also pretty much neglected my equipment, so I'm running around in the starter wizard gear.

I read that there's a secret boss in world 1-1 who gives you a good set of armour and a silly strong sword. But to get to him I need the key from that NPC who keeps getting into trouble.

I've just unlocked 1-4 and read that he kills himself at the end of the area. How long and difficult is 4-1?

I had a quick go of it last night and it didn't seem too hard (I got up to the blue dragon).