Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Could the next gdt please be called I Did It All For Dinucci

Better than anything I would've come up with!

Blah blah blah subject to change due to COVID and NFL incompetence, etc.

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean he's just a fall guy. We're not halfway through the season.

If you're firing Nolan, then why not McCarthy too?

I think everyone knows what's going to happen in Dallas. McCarthy is one and done, Dak is going to leave, Vander esche is going to get run over by a Llama or something, the team will collapse.

At a strip club in February, Jerry will have a cocaine induced stroke and be sent to a "care facility" by his family.

The cowboys will continue to implode. The heirs will destroy the organization Jerry built in an attempt to create something "in their own image."

The cowboys will hire a hot shot college coach who will flame out, then bring back John Fox for some old school discipline with predictable results.

Jerry will become incontinent. Another stroke will take his ability to walk. Sundays will be spent watching the team he kinda remembers owning, maybe in a past life or was that a dream? either way, the salisbury steak at this place is great, and they know how to make it just like he likes it; extra Ms. Dash, because this fake salt poo poo just doesn't cut it for him.

The memories that survive dementia are the most traumatic. In between his lucid moments he'll relive Romo's fumble on the field goal, McNabb's deep toss to Freddie Mitchell, and that one time a stripper threatened to actually bring his baby to term. Had he killed her or paid her off? Who can remember. There were so many of them.

In between pissing himself he'll sexually assault Filipino CNAs and talk about how "you just can't make those n***** play hard some time" to other employees who've grown accustomed to his frequent use of racial slurs.

He'll die forgotten and alone, his family too busy fighting over their inheritance to come see him and wheel him in front of the birds.

Eventually he'll develop a necrotic sore on his rear end from sitting down all day and making GBS threads himself. He'll spike a fever one day, become even more coherent, and the seven and a half dollar an hour CNA will realize "he's sick."

He'll die alone, incoherent, feverish, stoned off his rear end from the best pain meds money can buy. His family will not be there.

The networks will trot out a litany of drunk former players who did blow with him that claim "no one loved the game more." Roger Goodell will order a league wide moment of silence, accented by taxpayer funded flyovers in all stadiums.

As he slips his mortal coil, he'll coarsely whisper something. An environmental services employee will hear it and lean their ear close. With his dying breath, he'll strain to say.....how bout dem boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The second Chargers/Chiefs game should hopefully be a good one!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The weird part is this didn't even really start happening until this year. The year after the Super Bowl they weren't as dominant without Shanahan of course, but they still sneaked into the playoffs despite being third in a loaded NFC South. Last year they were bad for the first half of the year but were more usual-team bad, and then in the second half they scored some big upsets like the 49ers and managed to hit 7-9.

The Falcons were simply mediocre-to-bad after that Super Bowl, it wasn't until this year that they've started this insane rollercoaster of blowing leads in the most ridiculous ways. It's probably the same 2020 insanity that has the NFC East leader at 2-4-1 and the Browns maintaining a winning record.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It was definitely an accident, hell Gurley has done this sort of thing successfully before when he was on the Rams to ice a game. He's definitely smart enough to go down at the 1 and take the field goal.

He just wasn't able to stop his momentum this time because he's now on the 2020 Atlanta Falcons, a team that is bizarrely and entertainingly cursed.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Better Than You posted:

They also came very close to beating the eventual Super Bowl Champions that year in the NFC Divisional. It came down to one final play near the goal line .

Also they made the playoffs over the Lions because the Lions got hosed over by a bizarre penalty that led to a ten-second runoff which screwed them from trying one last play to come back with. If anything the Lions' crazy win last week is the universe evening out from that other game.

Basically I'm saying Atlanta and Detroit should play at least once a season. It'd be a oneupmanship battle of ways to lose.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Poe to the Ravens, the jokes would write themselves.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Falcons gonna win tonight, easily.

Until the final few minutes in the 4th quarter where they'll then lose in spectacular fashion.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I hope Logan Ryan gets another pick six off Brady.

I also hope those are the only points the Giants score all game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

You know what, gently caress it

George Kittle is now sexier than Jimmy G.