Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

The Commons

Hawker’s square, the heart of the commons, and probably the last place you would imagine a faculty building of the prestigious university of Eldolan.

“It’s community outreach!”

That’s what Professor Lain had tried to impress upon you but as you make your way to the... to the... hovel that is the address of your new “faculty building.”

* Greetings *

You don’t hear the word. Merely the idea of being greeted enters your thoughts. And out of the building hovers a boyish university administrator dressed in green. He looks at you disdainfully.

* Name: Feloran. These are your assigned quarters. *

“OI!”

A woman stomps over behind Mikael.

“Oi! I’m talk to you. Remember me? You left me in a dive bar in the middle of the night chasing some floosy. Thought you’d lose me, huh? Well the Priestess ain’t lettin you off that easy this time”

——-

Here’s an opportunity to introduce your characters and post your sheets.

Mikael’s problem is flaring up. You’re free to ignore her and she’ll go away but if you engage her you’ll get a Fate Point.

You can try and interact with Feloran, get into Mikael’s business or come up with some other activity of interest in Hawker’s Square.

Recruitment Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3938230

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rauk of the Red Hands

Rauk finishes off the rest of "breakfast" and throws the empty bottle directly at the pathetic structure before them, reasoning that it couldn't actually make it look worse. "Is this like, a wizard joke? Wizards aren't very funny. This thing is--"

Interrupted by one of Mikael's many, many, problems, she breaks off and turns to him tapping her knuckles on the headbutting portion of her forehead. "Hey, you want I should, you know?"

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Trobon

Trobon closes his book and places it back on the bookshelf, then picks out another. He sits down on the floor and starts flipping through it, paying as much attention to the racket as someone either deaf or accustomed to loud noises. The lodgings aren't exactly comfortable, but the bigger problem is the lack of materials. Luckily, he had the forethought to carry a bookshelf full of books from the university. It was worth bearing both the heavy load and the heckling.

Now to see if this Primer on Magical Communication had anything to say about how the administrator manages to speak into their minds. He had been curious about that since arriving here.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Malovio

Malovio begins to inspect the faculty building. Getting a feel for the rustic charm of the place. Honestly feeling more comfortable in this so called hovel than in the shinning towers and pristine halls of the university.

Hearing the voice in his head he turns toward the boyish administrator. "Good day. Is there anything we should know about the quarters before we settle in?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Mikael

Mikael waves away Rauk with panic in his eyes, then turns towards the woman, a semi-frozen smile on his face.

"Ma'am, I'll be the first to admit my memories of last night aren't the most clear, but I would never abandon a beautiful and wonderful woman such as yourself in a dive bar for wait did you say Priestess? What...the Priestess? Like, with a capital P? I'm...sorry?"

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Scene: Hawkers Square
Aspects: Panicking crowd, Angry Paramour, Scattered Pumpkins

As the afternoon wanes, the shadows of the three-story, gray stone buildings that form the perimeter of Hawker’s Square are lengthening, casting your new headquarters in darkness. The calls of vendors and beggars alike are growing louder. Suddenly, a loud crash rises above the babel of voices. On the western side of the square a large wagon full of pumpkins has tipped backward, filling the roadway with tumbling gourds. At first people laugh. Then a woman’s scream cuts through the air.

As the crowd parts, you see someone is fighting with a Silver Shield town watcher near one of the square’s two unblocked exits to the northeast, and a woman next to them is screaming and pointing. You understand her wails as the other combatant lunges forward to bite the guard’s throat and pulls back with blood-stained jaws. Then more yells erupt as you see a group of figures emerge from a stairwell in the center of the square and quickly overwhelm the last two Silver Shield guards in the area. The figures are humanoid . . . and were once living. Now, you see that they surely are not, because each one has large, open wounds where entrails, or lung, or heart, or eye are missing.

Suddenly, you hear a crackling sound behind you and turn to see Feloran being surrounded in a magical whirlwind of dark shadows and purple vapors. He looks himself over in disbelief as the group of zombies turns as one toward him and begin to advance, driving the doomed townsfolk before them to the ground as the rest of the crowd screams and fearfully rushes toward the last remaining exit to the southwest. The rush is stopped by a roaring zombie wearing a pumpkin with a leering face carved into it. Only you stand in the creatures’ way.

——
Somebody’s out to spoil your housewarming party! Mikael can take a fate point giving him 5 everyone else has 4. You can use fate points to reroll a D20 or add D6 to a roll provided you can connect it to a scene aspect or one of your character aspects and role play it. You can also spend a fate point to add an aspect to the scene which you can invoke yourself for the same effect but it persists in the scene and can have further consequences (say setting something on fire) or forgo using the invoke and allow one of your team mates to use the invoke. Fate points can also be used to boost skill checks by +5 provided you declare it before the roll.

If the crowd is left panicked the zombies may also use fate points at some point to fight back!

Mikael’s forgotten lover is currently in his face so he will need to deal with her before he engages any other enemy.

This is the square. Feloran is in the bottom left and your rough positions are the x marks. Don’t worry about declaring a specific mark because this is the theatre of the mind.

The undead creatures blocking the northeast exit (including the one that bit the guard) are a mob of five zombie shufflers. They are currently focused on consuming the guard they bit. Spreading out in a wedge shape from the stairwell is separate mob of ten zombie shufflers, as well as a putrefying human zombie (at the back of the wedge). The PCs’ contact has been targeted with a spell to draw the undead, but the zombies will also attack anyone who moves near them or attacks them. The figure by the cart is a zombie pumpkin hurler, whose appearance would be humorous if it weren’t so deadly with its ammunition.

We’ll be doing classic JRPG initiative so you all take your turns first while they wait politely then they’ll have theirs.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Mikael

I accept the Fate point!

Mikael glances at the carnage behind the woman, then looks back at her, and lies. Lies audaciously.

"Yes. Well."

His eyes suddenly narrow seriously as he grabs her shoulders and looks straight into her eyes.

"This has to stay between us, but I am a member of the Archmage's STI Division. Last night, while having an absolutely lovely time with you, I found someone our division has been after for some time now. While that floozy did have a date, it wasn't with me - it was with destiny. I had to go after her - not because I wanted to leave you behind, but well, ma'am, the Empire called, and I answered. And ma'am, I hear the Empire calling again - I'm sorry, but for your safety, I need you to leave for now. Can you do that? For me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rauk of the Red Hands

Rauk rounds on the zombies and whips out her massive axe with unsettling speed, the brief entertainment provided by Mikael's bad decisions immediately discarded at the prospect of a good fight. "Hell yeah! I thought tonight was gonna be boring." Her deed-markings smoke with heat and flagstones crack under her tread as the barbarian charges into the larger mob of shambling dead. "Hous krau red hands!" she shouts, swinging away with wild abandon.

Rauk does what a barbarian does best: rages and charges the largest mob of enemies.