Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

The Pussy Boss posted:

The Giants signed a relief pitcher who appears to be bad except that his ERA was good last year because of stranding a lot of runners. Seems like we should sign good pitchers instead, but I'm not a genius GM though.

At worse, the Giants blew $1 million on a lottery ticket. At best, the Twins' changes to his approach/pitches were sustainable, and you've got a good reliever on the cheap. There was flukiness/SSS, of course, but Wisler threw completely differently as a Twin.

He wasn't non-tendered because the Twins had no interest in him. They couldn't make a pre-arb deal with him and didn't wanna risk overpaying him if the arbitrator got caught up in that shiny ERA. Other people were lambasting the Twins for letting him go at all, but they would have kept him at that price if they could have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Sydin posted:

Mookie and Graterol :lol:

Like I get it, Verdugo is only 24 and has has put up AS numbers the last two seasons, and Maeda went on to have an (abbreviated) legit Cy Young caliber season, but you make that trade in a heartbeat.

The swap of Graterol for Maeda (whatever the context) was pretty even before we saw any of 2020. Framing that trade as a robbery now is even more baffling.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Happ is fine for the back of the rotation.

Also the Twins will be spending more, they always wait out the market. It's a little murky how much they'll ultimately end up at. Re-signing Cruz is a priority but nobody wants to do poo poo on that front until the NL DH is firmly decided. They could be a surprise buyer on the SS market, moving Jorge Polanco to a utility role.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
HELL YEA
https://twitter.com/DanHayesMLB/sta...1widget%3DTweet

Cruz is 41 in July. He has a 168 OPS+ as a Twin. High risk, high reward. But absolutely the right move. If he falls off a cliff, they have the parts to make a platoon.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Intruder posted:

I don't hear much about Marwin regarding the bangs so it seems like he's done a pretty great job avoiding the stigma considering he got by far the most bangs and had a .907 OPS in 2017 but hasn't come close to an .800 OPS in any other season

He was one of the very first Astros to apologize, didn't spend any time in the media talking poo poo, and had private conversations with the former Dodgers on the Twins. The last thing led to Rich Hill setting a "let's move on" attitude in the clubhouse. He also had an awful 2020, which probably kept the focus off him. His time with the Twins wasn't great, but I still hate him least among all Astros, you're right